Peru Wind Energy Market Size
|2021 - 2029
|Base Year For Estimation
|Forecast Data Period
|2024 - 2029
|Historical Data Period
|2021 - 2022
|> 11.60 %
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Peru Wind Energy Market Analysis
The Peru Wind Energy Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 11.6% during the forecast period.
The market was negatively impacted by COVID-19 in 2020. Presently the market has now reached pre-pandemic levels.
- Over the long term, factors such as increasing demand for renewable energy, rising investments in wind farms, and declining cost of wind power generation and associated equipment are driving the wind energy market.
- On the other note, the increasing adoption of alternate clean power sources such as solar, hydropower, and bio-energy are likely to hinder the growth of the wind energy market in the coming years.
- Nevertheless, the Peruvian government's mission is to shift from an energy mix based essentially on hydrocarbons. Peru has plans to have 15% of renewables in its energy mix by 2030, which diversifies the energy mix to ensure a reliable and timely supply of energy demand to guarantee the country's sustainable growth and also to promote investments in the energy sector, which in turn, is likely to provide an opportunity to a growth in the deployment of wind energy in coming future.
Peru Wind Energy Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Peru Wind Energy Market according to our research experts:
Onshore Wind Energy is Expected to Witness Significant Growth
- Due to its geography, Peru possesses abundant wind energy potential. The regions with the abundant wind energy potential are situated in the North at the coast and around Ica south of Lima.
- Some of Peru's major regions with a wind power potential of more than 1 GW are Ancash, Amazonas, Arequipa, Cajamarca, Ica, La Libertad, Lambayeque, Lima, and Piura.
- As demand for clean energy is rising, Peru is adopting renewable energy to provide clean energy. The adoption of onshore wind power generation along the coastal line with higher wind potential attracts companies for Foreign Direct Investments (FDI).
- In February 2022, Acciona Energia, a Spanish multinational conglomerate, announced an investment of around USD 180 million to develop a wind farm in Peru. The wind farm is expected to be commissioned by the end of 2023 and will have 23 wind turbines, each with a planned capacity of around 5.7MW, that will produce 608 GWh, enough to meet the energy needs of 478,000 households.
- Owing to the above points, onshore wind energy is expected to witness significant growth in the market due to high wind potential and investments.
Increasing Deployment of Solar Energy is Likely to Hinder the Growth of the Market Studied
- Peru is a developing country in terms of solar energy. The country is witnessing growing wind energy installations during the forecast period.
- As of 2021, the installed capacity of solar energy in Peru is 336 MW; the solar PV installation is ought to increase during the forecast period and is likely to hinder the market. In the near future, the solar market is likely to provide the largest opportunity for energy export growth and rural electrification in regions of Peru.
- Moreover, in September 2022, the government of Peru announced that five solar power plants totaling 600 MW of capacity will come into operation in 2023. Also, the Peruvian Ministry of Energy and Mines (MINEM) is planning for three solar projects to come online during the course of 2023 in the Arequipa region of southern Peru (the 100 MW Continua Chachani, the 300 MW Continua Misti and the 60 MW Continua Pichu Pichu plants).
- Furthermore, in June 2022, Italian utility group Enel SpA launched construction works on a 122.59 MW Clemesi solar farm in the department of Moquegua. Enel Peru is investing around USD 77.9 million to install over 200,000 bifacial panels in this project.
- Owing to the above points, increasing deployment of solar energy is likely to hinder the Peru wind energy market during the forecast period.
Peru Wind Energy Industry Overview
Peru Wind Energy Market is consolidated due to few companies operating in the industry. Some of the major players in this market (in particular order) include Enel Green Power S.p.A., CONTOURGLOBAL PLC, Cobra Group PLC, Grenergy Renovables SL, and Acciona SA.
Peru Wind Energy Market Leaders
Enel Green Power S.p.A.
Cobra Group PLC
Grenergy Renovables SL
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Peru Wind Energy Market News
- June 2022: Italian utility group Enel SpA launched construction works on the 177 MW Wayra wind plant expansion project. The project will entail an investment of around USD 188.5 million and the installation of 30 pieces of 5.9-MW wind turbines.
- April 2022: Germany-based wind turbine manufacturer NordexGroup secured a 131MW wind turbine supply contract from Spanish project developer Acciona Energía in Peru. As per the contract, Nordex will deliver 23 of its N163/5.X wind turbines from the Delta4000 series for the San Juan de Marcona wind farm in Peru.
Peru Wind Energy Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Study Assumptions
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET OVERVIEW
4.2 Installed Capacity and Forecasts in MW, till 2027
4.3 Recent Trends and Developments
4.4 Government Policies and Regulations
4.5 Market Dynamics
4.6 Supply Chain Analysis
4.7 PESTLE Analysis
5. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
5.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
5.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
5.3 Company Profiles
5.3.1 Enel Green Power S.p.A.
5.3.2 CONTOURGLOBAL PLC
5.3.3 Cobra Group PLC
5.3.4 Grenergy Renovables SL
- *List Not Exhaustive
6. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Peru Wind Energy Market Research FAQs
What is the current Peru Wind Energy Market size?
The Peru Wind Energy Market is projected to register a CAGR of greater than 11.60% during the forecast period (2024-2029)
Who are the key players in Peru Wind Energy Market?
Enel Green Power S.p.A. , CONTOURGLOBAL PLC , Cobra Group PLC , Grenergy Renovables SL and Acciona, S.A. are the major companies operating in the Peru Wind Energy Market.
What years does this Peru Wind Energy Market cover?
The report covers the Peru Wind Energy Market historical market size for years: 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the Peru Wind Energy Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029.
Peru Wind Energy Industry Report
Statistics for the 2024 Peru Wind Energy market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Peru Wind Energy analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2029 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.