Poland Wind Energy Market Size
|2020 - 2029
|Base Year For Estimation
|Forecast Data Period
|2024 - 2029
|Historical Data Period
|2020 - 2022
|> 7.50 %
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Poland Wind Energy Market Analysis
The Polish wind energy market is expected to record a CAGR of more than 7.5% during the forecast period. The Polish wind energy market fairly remained unaffected during the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic in Q1 of 2020 as the country's installed wind energy capacity increased by 1 gigawatt (GW). It was expected the economic slowdown would have a negative impact on renewable projects. However, no significant impact was seen in key wind projects. Factors such as the declining cost of wind power generation, increasing sensitivity toward environmental issues, and support from the government through financial incentives will drive the market for wind energy during the forecast period. On the flip side, the substitution of solar energy and gas-fired power plants is expected to continue to restrain the market. The solar energy industry achieved cost reduction significantly higher than the wind energy sector.
- With a significant onshore wind energy capacity of around 6.26 GW in 2020, the onshore sub-sector is expected to dominate the wind energy market in Poland during the forecast period.
- Increased demand for electricity in the country is expected to provide market opportunities for wind power development. The massive wind power potential and a decline in the cost of wind energy are expected to provide widespread business opportunities to the market in the coming years.
- Favorable government policies and increasing investments in the wind energy sector will likely drive the market during the forecast period.
Poland Wind Energy Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Poland Wind Energy Market according to our research experts:
Onshore Segment is Expected to Dominate the Market
- Onshore wind energy is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period. Wind energy has become a significant source of support for Portugal to achieve carbon neutrality by 2050.
- Onshore wind energy capacity in Poland reached 6,267 MW in 2020, and it is projected to grow and reach between 8 GW to 10 GW by 2030, as per the country's goals, which is expected to propel the market throughout the study period.
- With the commissioning and announcements of several wind power projects in Portugal, onshore wind energy is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period. For instance, in 2021, German wind farm developer VSB Group announced it had started constructing its more than 42MW Baranów-Rychtal onshore wind farm in Poland. Expected to be completed in 2023, the project will be located in Kepno in the Wielkopolska region and will feature 11 Nordex turbines.
- Additionally, in December 2021, Abu Dhabi's renewable energy company Masdar and the Taaleri SolarWind II fund announced the inauguration of its new onshore wind farms of a combined 51.4 MW in Poland that the two investors own jointly. The projects include the 37.4-MW Mlawa wind park in the northern province of Mazowieckie and the Grajewo project, which combines two wind parks of 14 MW located in Podlaskie in the north-east region of the country.
- Hence, with recent developments, the onshore wind energy market is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period.
Government Policies and Increasing Investments to Drive the Market
- Favorable government policies will drive the wind energy market in Portugal. The government has launched various government policies and initiatives to support the growth of renewable energy and wind energy deployment in the country. For instance, in its National Energy and Climate Plan 2021-2030, the Polish government pledged its ambitious 2030 targets in the European Union. It wants to increase the share of renewable energy to at least 32% by focusing on biomass, offshore wind, and biofuels.
- In January 2022, wind energy generated a majority share of 61.3% of renewable energy generation, followed by solar and others, as per BP statistical review of world energy 2021.
- Also, the Polish government is looking to decrease the share of coal in Poland's energy mix to 60% by 2030 and 30% by 2040, which will drive the wind energy market in Poland during the forecast period.
- In 2020, European Investment Bank (EIB) announced it had passed a loan to PGE Polska Grupa Energetyczna of EUR 64 million to finance the construction of wind farms along the Baltic coast and a 30 km transmission line connecting the turbines to the grid, thus driving the growth of the market with investments.
- Moreover, to enable ambitious offshore wind projects, Poland enacted the Offshore Wind Act, which has laid down the first set of rules governing the construction and operation of wind farms in the Baltic Sea. This has enabled Polish power producers and foreign partners to receive subsidies and develop offshore wind projects in the Baltic sea. The country aims to reach up to 11 GW offshore wind installed capacity by 2040.
- Hence, government support and rising investments in renewable energy are expected to drive the wind energy market growth during the forecast period.
Poland Wind Energy Industry Overview
The Polish wind energy market report is moderately fragmented. Some of the major players include Acciona SA, Orsted AS, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Vestas Wind Systems AS, and EDF Renewables.
Poland Wind Energy Market Leaders
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
Vestas Wind Systems A/S
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Poland Wind Energy Market News
- In November 2021, German renewable energy producer Pacifico Renewables Yield AG announced the acquisition of a 51.8 MW wind farm portfolio in Poland. It also revealed that the acquired assets in northern Poland include a total of 20 Vestas turbines that were commissioned by the end of the first half of 2021 and are expected to generate about 191 GWh of green electricity annually.
- In August 2021, GE Renewable Energy and PKN ORLEN signed a Memorandum of Understanding to explore ways to work together to support the development of offshore wind projects in Poland, which is expected to award up to 10.9 GW of offshore wind projects by 2030 and up to 28 GW of offshore wind by 2050.
Poland Wind Energy Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Study Assumptions
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
4. MARKET OVERVIEW
4.2 Wind Energy Installed capacity and Forecast in GW, Poland, till 2027
4.3 Recent Trends and Developments
4.4 Government Policies and Regulations
4.5 Market Dynamics
4.6 Supply Chain Analysis
4.7 PESTLE Analysis
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Location of Deployment
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Vestas Wind Systems AS
6.3.2 Orsted AS
6.3.3 Acciona SA
6.3.4 EDF Renewables
6.3.5 EDP Renewables
6.3.6 Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
6.3.7 GE Renewable Energy
6.3.8 GDF Suez
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Poland Wind Energy Market Research FAQs
What is the current Poland Wind Energy Market size?
The Poland Wind Energy Market is projected to register a CAGR of greater than 7.5% during the forecast period (2024-2029)
Who are the key players in Poland Wind Energy Market?
EDF Renewables, Orsted A/S, Acciona S.A., Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy and Vestas Wind Systems A/S are the major companies operating in the Poland Wind Energy Market.
What years does this Poland Wind Energy Market cover?
The report covers the Poland Wind Energy Market historical market size for years: 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the Poland Wind Energy Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029.
Poland Wind Energy Industry Report
Statistics for the 2024 Poland Wind Energy market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Poland Wind Energy analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2029 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.