Ireland Wind Energy Market Size
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Forecast Data Period||2023 - 2028|
|Historical Data Period||2018 - 2021|
|CAGR||> 6.00 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Ireland Wind Energy Market Analysis
The Irish wind energy market is expected to record a CAGR of over 6% during the forecast period.
The market was negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020. Presently, the market has reached pre-pandemic levels.
- Over the long term, government subsidies in the renewable energy sector are likely to drive the Irish wind energy market during the forecast period.
- On the other hand, the increasing adoption of other renewable sources, such as solar, is expected to restrain the Irish wind energy market during the forecast period.
- The Republic of Ireland aims to achieve 70% of its electricity from renewable energy sources by 2030, which is likely to create several opportunities for the wind energy market in the country in the future.
Ireland Wind Energy Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Ireland Wind Energy Market according to our research experts:
Onshore Wind Energy Expected to Dominate the Market
- Ireland is one of the leading wind energy producers in the world. Approximately 80% of the total renewable energy is generated from onshore wind energy, thus making the onshore wind energy source the dominating segment in Ireland's wind energy market.
- As of 2021, the island of Ireland and the Republic of Ireland had 5,585 MW and 4,309 MW of installed wind power nameplate capacity, respectively, the third highest per capita in the world.
- The country set a new target of 37 GW in offshore wind power by 2050. In November 2022, Wind Energy Ireland announced that wind farms delivered more than EUR 4.3 million in funding to local projects last year via community benefit funds, which marks an increase of over EUR 300,000 in 2020, reflecting renewable energy's continuing growth.
- In October 2022, EDF Renewables Ireland announced plans to develop a 50 MW wind farm in County Louth. The proposed Kellystown Wind Farm, which could power more than 35,000 homes, will be located approximately 8 km north of Drogheda town.
- Therefore, due to such factors, the onshore wind energy segment is likely to dominate the Irish wind energy market during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Increasing Wind Energy Installations Expected to Drive the Market
- Ireland is rich in wind power generation. The country is likely to witness growing wind energy installations during the forecast period.
- In 2021, more than 30% of the energy generated in the country was from renewable energy sources. The government of Ireland plans to generate 70% of its electricity from renewable sources by 2030.
- The government of Ireland also started a new policy called the Renewable Electricity Support Scheme (RESS). According to this scheme, the government will support all renewable projects in Ireland. It is an important component of the country's national energy and climate plan.
- In 2019, the wind energy plant's installed capacity was 4,172 megawatts (MW), which was higher than the installation capacity of 2018, i.e., 3,518 megawatts (MW).
- In March 2022, SSE Renewables announced its plan to commission the Arklow Bank Wind Park Phase 2 in 2028 instead of in 2025 as initially planned. The developer confirmed its plans to apply for a Maritime Area Consent (MAC) for the project under Ireland's new consenting regime.
- As of August 2022, Ireland had more than 300 wind farms, the majority of which are onshore, as well as one of the highest wind power penetrations in the world. In July 2022, the Irish government announced an increase in its offshore wind target for 2030 from 5 GW to 7 GW. This development may boost the growth of wind-based power generation during the forecast period.
- Hence, such factors are likely to boost the installation capacity of wind energy in the Republic of Ireland, thus driving the Irish wind energy market during the forecast period.
Ireland Wind Energy Industry Overview
The Irish wind energy market is moderately fragmented. Some of the key players in the market (in no particular order) include Nordex SE, Parkwind NV, ELECTRICITE DE/ADR (EDF Group), Statkraft AS, and General Electric Company.
Ireland Wind Energy Market Leaders
General Electric Company
ELECTRICITE DE/ADR (EDF Group)
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Ireland Wind Energy Market News
Recent developments will be provided in the full report.
Ireland Wind Energy Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Study Assumptions
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
4. MARKET OVERVIEW
4.2 Ireland Wind Energy Installed Capacity and Forecast, in Megawatts (MW), till 2027
4.3 Recent Trends and Developments
4.4 Government Policies and Regulations
4.5 Market Dynamics
4.6 Supply Chain Analysis
4.7 PESTLE Analysis
5. MARKET SEGEMENTATION
5.1 Location of Deployment
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers, Acquisitions, Collaborations, and Joint Ventures
6.2 Strategies Adopted by Key Players
6.3 Key Company Profiles
6.3.1 Siemens AG
6.3.2 Vestas Wind Systems AS
6.3.3 Nordex SE
6.3.4 ELECTRICITE DE/ADR (EDF Group)
6.3.5 Parkwind NV
6.3.6 Fred. Olsen Renewables (Bonheur ASA)
6.3.7 General Electric Company
6.3.8 NTR PLC
6.3.9 Electricity Supply Board (ESB)
6.3.10 Statkraft AS
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Ireland Wind Energy Market Research FAQs
What is the current Ireland Wind Energy Market size?
The Ireland Wind Energy Market is projected to register a CAGR of greater than 6% during the forecast period (2023-2027).
Who are the key players in Ireland Wind Energy Market?
Nordex SE, Parkwind NV, General Electric Company, ELECTRICITE DE/ADR (EDF Group) and Statkraft AS are the major companies operating in the Ireland Wind Energy Market.
Ireland Wind Energy Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Ireland Wind Energy market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Ireland Wind Energy analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.