Drug Device Combination Products Market Snapshot
|Study Period:||2018 - 2026|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The market is primarily driven by the growing prevalence of chronic diseases such as diabetes, respiratory diseases and cancer. Furthermore, the growing geriatric population and technological advances in drug delivery systems is projected to boost market growth over the forecast period. Moreover, expanding applications of drug device combination products, new developments over the period are expected to bolster the market growth.
However, stringent regulatory policies, product recalls and complications associated with some of the drug device combinations are expected to hamper the market. On the other hand, growing healthcare infrastructure, advances in drug delivery technologies are expected to aid the market growth over the period.
Scope of the Report
Drug device combination products comprise of at least two products, one, of medical device and other of drugs which work in coordination in treatment. The report covers drug device combination products in the market used in the healthcare system. Drug device combination products may be single or comprise of several products packed separately.
|Drug Eluting Stents|
|Drug Eluting Balloon|
|Ambulatory Surgical Centers|
Key Market Trends
Transdermal Patches are Expected to Grow at Notable Rates
- Transdermal patches are the medicated adhesive patch that is placed on the skin to deliver a specific dose of the drug. Transdermal patches are used in many applications such as pain relief, neurological and others.
- Drug-eluting stents segment of the market is projected to have a significant growth rate owing to growing cardiovascular diseases coupled with the ageing population. Moreover, the development of new products and recent product launches are expected to boost the segment share.
- According to the World Health Organization, cardiovascular diseases cause 17.9 million deaths each year. According to the International Diabetes Federation (IDF), in 2017, about 425 million people worldwide were living with diabetes.
- The increasing adaptation of prefilled insulin pens coupled with the advent of innovative drug combination products expected to boost the market growth over the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America is Projected to Have Significant Market Share
North America is projected to have a significant market share among the regions owing to the adaptation of drug-device combination products coupled with well-established healthcare infrastructure in the region. In addition, new product launches, high R&D investments and the growing prevalence of chronic diseases is expected to boost the regional growth. Moreover, Due to the rising incidence of diseases such as diabetes, neurological pain and cancer in emerging countries of Asia-Pacific are expected to boost the Asia Pacific regional share. Furthermore, companies’ interest in expanding into developing economies of Asia coupled with the presence of a large pool of diseased population expected to fuel Asia Pacific market growth rate.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The drug device combination market is moderately fragmented with many market players. Market players focusing on new product developments, collaborations and regional expansion to expand their market share.
- In Oct 2020, Medtronic plc received U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval for the Abre venous self-expanding stent system. This device is indicated for use in the iliofemoral veins in patients with symptomatic iliofemoral venous outflow obstruction.
- In March 2020, Abbott received CE Mark for the new FlexNav delivery system for the company's Portico transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI) system.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Growing Incidence of Chronic Diseases coupled with Need For Novel Drug Delivery Systems
4.2.2 Increase in Geriatric Population
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Stringent Government Policies
4.3.2 Product Recalls and Associated Complications
4.4 Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Products
5.1.1 Drug Eluting Stents
5.1.2 Transdermal Patches
5.1.3 Infusion Pumps
5.1.4 Drug Eluting Balloon
5.2 By Application
5.2.3 Cancer Treatment
5.2.4 Respiratory Diseases
5.3 By End-User
5.3.2 Ambulatory Surgical Centers
5.4.1 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
188.8.131.52 South Korea
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.4 Middle East and Africa
220.127.116.11 South Africa
18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle East and Africa
5.4.5 South America
22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Abbott Laboratories
6.1.2 Medtronic Plc
6.1.3 Boston Scientific Corp
6.1.4 Becton, Dickinson and Company
6.1.5 Novartis AG
6.1.6 GlaxoSmithKline plc
6.1.7 Allergen, Inc.
6.1.8 W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc.
6.1.9 Stryker Corporation
6.1.10 Terumo Corporation
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Drug Device Combination Products Market market is studied from 2018 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Drug Device Combination Products Market?
The Drug Device Combination Products Market is growing at a CAGR of 6.67% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Drug Device Combination Products Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Drug Device Combination Products Market?
North America holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Drug Device Combination Products Market?
Abbott Laboratories, Medtronic Plc, Boston Scientific Corp, Becton, Dickinson and Company, Novartis AG are the major companies operating in Drug Device Combination Products Market.