Luxury Perfume Industry Overview
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia-Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Luxury Perfume Market Analysis
The luxury perfume market is projected to register a CAGR of 6.2% over the next five years. Growing brand consciousness and increasing expenditure for luxury goods among millennials have been supporting market growth over the last few years. Due to significant demand from the younger generation, key players have now come up with various offers on their products, along with customized packaging of luxury perfumes. This strategy makes the products quite affordable and drives the market growth.
- Demand for organic, cruelty-free products is increasing due to consciousness among consumers about the use of organic products. Therefore, the market players are enhancing their product quality by use of organic ingredients. For instance, in October 2021, Versace launched six new perfumes under its Atelier Versace Collection. These perfumes are unisex and are available in combinations of wood, spicy, and aromatic fragrances.
- Growing brand consciousness and increasing expenditure for luxury goods among millennials have been supporting market growth over the last few years. Due to significant demand from the younger generation, key players have now come up with various offers on their products, along with customized packaging of luxury perfumes. This strategy makes the products quite affordable and d market growth. Demand for organic, cruelty-free products is increasing due to consciousness among consumers about the use of organic products; therefore, the market players are enhancing their product quality by use of organic ingredients.
- For instance, in October 2021, Versace launched six new perfumes under its Atelier Versace Collection. These perfumes are unisex and are available in combinations of wood, spicy, and aromatic fragrances.ph Lauren Corporation launched Polo Earth Eau De Toilette, a unisex vegan fragrance formulated without sulfates, phthalates, artificial preservatives, or colorants.
Luxury Perfume Industry Segments
Perfumes are made of essential oils extracted from flowers, aroma compounds, spices, and solvents. Perfumes have strongly paved their way into the luxury world. Luxury perfumes generally have a natural note than synthetic ones. The natural note is incorporated into the perfume's base, giving it an aromatic and complex fragrance. The perfume market is segmented based on end users, distribution channels, and geography. Based on the end user, the market is segmented into women, men, and unisex. Luxury perfumes are distributed through robust distribution networks, including online and offline retail stores. By geography, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and the Middle East and Africa. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done based on value (in USD million).
|Online Retail Stores|
|Offline Retail Stores|
Luxury Perfume Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Luxury Perfume Market according to our research experts:
Increasing Demand for Personal Luxury Goods in Developing Countries
- The demand for personal luxury goods is rising with the rise in the disposable income of customers in developing nations. Alongside, the rise in modernization and adoption of western lifestyle in these countries has led to the growth of the luxury goods market. Among personal luxury goods, luxury cosmetics and perfumes have seen a rising trend among consumers, especially women, who prefer to invest in premium products. The demand for unisex luxury perfumes is growing because of the combination of aromatic and complex fragrances.
- Moreover, celebrity endorsements and social media trends, along with other factors, drive the luxury perfume market in developing nations like India and China, among others. Global leaders are more focused on increasing their consumer base in these countries, owing to the changing preference and lifestyles of the population. For instance, in June 2021, Hermès launched its third women's fragrance in India's existing Twilly product line. This product line extension was available in floral, spicy, and woody scents.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America Holds a Significant Share
- North America caters to a huge share of the luxury perfume market. The higher demand for luxury perfume in the region is fueled by the high disposable income of individuals in the region, coupled with the modernized lifestyle of consumers. The leading luxury perfume brands are focusing on personalization in product offerings, which is gaining popularity among various consumer groups. The popularity of lighter-scented luxury perfumes among millennials and the availability of products in attractive packaging are expected to boost the sales of luxury perfumes. Also, premiumization is playing a key role in the overall luxury perfume market in the region.
- Customers actively seek superior quality and content when using any consumer goods, including perfumes, irrespective of their high-end price tags. The rising demand in this region has compelled market players to extend their operations. For instance, in July 2021, Louis Vuitton collaborated with Frank Gehry to create a new luxury fragrance line known as the Les Extraits Collection. Jacques Cavallier, the master perfumer, created this collection of five scents.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Luxury Perfume Market Competitor Analysis
The luxury perfume market is moderately fragmented and comprises international and regional competitors. Key players like LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, Hermès International SA, Kering SA, and Chanel SA, among others, are focused on product innovation, specifically designed and targeted for women and unisex consumer groups. Active companies are competing based on different factors, including product offerings, price, ingredients, and marketing activities, to gain a competitive advantage in the market.
Key players are focusing on online distribution channels for their products' online marketing and branding to attract more customers. The major global players have a range of luxury perfume brands under their parent organizations, catering to different sets of customers and playing on brand loyalty.
Luxury Perfume Market Top Players
Compagnie Financière Richemont SA
Hermès International S.A.
LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Luxury Perfume Market Recent Developments
- November 2022: Coty Inc. launched the first ever refillable perfume Chloé Rose Naturelle Intense. Its refillable bottles demonstrated reduced environmental impacts across Product Life Cycle Assessment indicators.
- June 2022: a new beauty brand TiL and renowned perfumer Francis Kurkdjian formed a perfume inspired by the Linden tree. Name of the perfume is " Eau-De-Toilette L'Eau-Qui-Enlace".
- September 2021: Estee Lauder launched a new collection of luxury perfumes having eight fragrances. This new collection of luxury perfume lasts 12 hours after a single application, owing to the new technology used by Estee Lauder known as the ScentCapture Fragrance Extender.
Luxury Perfume Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 End User
5.2 Distribution Channel
5.2.1 Online Retail Stores
5.2.2 Offline Retail Stores
5.3.1 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 Rest of North America
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 South America
22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle East and Africa
126.96.36.199 South Africa
188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Most Adopted Strategies
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Kering SA
6.3.2 Coty Inc.
6.3.3 Chanel SA
6.3.4 Hermes International SA
6.3.5 Burberry Group PLC
6.3.6 Prada Holding SpA
6.3.7 Estée Lauder Companies Inc.
6.3.8 Ralph Lauren Corporation
6.3.9 Compagnie Financiere Richemont SA
6.3.10 LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Luxury Perfume Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Luxury Perfume Market market is studied from 2016 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Luxury Perfume Market?
The Luxury Perfume Market is growing at a CAGR of 6.2% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Luxury Perfume Market?
Asia-Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Luxury Perfume Market?
North America holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Luxury Perfume Market?
Compagnie Financière Richemont SA, Hermès International S.A., Kering SA, Chanel SA, LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton are the major companies operating in Luxury Perfume Market.
Luxury Perfume Industry Reports
In-depth industry statistics and market share insights of the Luxury Perfume sector for 2020, 2021, and 2022. The Luxury Perfume research report provides a comprehensive outlook of the market size and an industry growth forecast for 2023 to 2028. Available to download is a free sample file of the Luxury Perfume report PDF.