Cosmetic Products Industry Overview
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Cosmetic Products Market Analysis
- The cosmetic products market is projected to register a CAGR of 4.94% during the forecasted period.
- The increasing number of working women and rising consciousness regarding physical appearance among millennial women are the key factors driving the market growth. In addition, the rising awareness about the harmful effect of chemical compounds such as paraben and aluminium in the products is stimulating the growth of natural and organic facial cosmetic products in the market.
- Thereby, the manufacturers were focused on innovating facial cosmetics with natural ingredients. Additionally, Heritage brands are losing their popularity. They need to be updated as new storytelling brands emphasizing vegan, cruelty-free, organic, and natural concepts are trying to capture the market by offering a product that matches evolving consumer preferences.
- There is an increasing demand for long-lasting and waterproof makeup, sun protection makeup with SPF, and vitamin enhancement makeup. This, in turn, offers a lucrative opportunity to the key players in the category to innovate in the facial make-up market. For instance, in 2021, Coty Inc. expanded the Gucci beauty product line by launching Gucci Poudre De Beauté Mat Naturel face powder in Asia-Pacific and European markets.
Cosmetic Products Industry Segments
Any product intended to maintain, enhance, or modify the appearance of the skin, hair, and nails is referred to as a "cosmetic."
The market studied is segmented by product type, category, distribution channel, and geography. Based on product type, the market studied is segmented into facial make-up products, eye make-up products, lip make-up products, and nail make-up products. Based on category, the market is segmented into mass and premium. Also, based on distribution channels, the market studied is segmented into specialty stores, supermarkets/hypermarkets, pharmacy/drug stores, online retail stores, and other distribution channels. The study also covers the global analysis of the major regions, such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, the Middle East, and Africa.
For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done on the basis of value (in USD million).
|Facial Make-up Products|
|Eye Make-up Products|
|Lip Make-up Products|
|Nail Make-up Products|
|Online Retail Stores|
|Pharmacies and Drug Stores|
|Other Distribution Channels|
Cosmetic Products Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Cosmetic Products Market according to our research experts:
Inclination Toward Organic, Vegan and Cruelty-Free Cosmetic Products
- In recent years organic, cruelty-free (no animal testing), vegetarian (no byproducts of animal slaughter), and vegan (no animal ingredients at all) cosmetics market have gained increasing popularity in developed countries, and it has been finding their space in the growing market such as India, China, Brazil, etc. market. Moreover, with the advancement of vegan products, consumers are paying extra attention to a particular shade of lipstick that suits them and its manufacturing process.
- Prolonged use of synthetic cosmetics may cause various health issues, such as irritation, hormonal imbalance, and toxicity. However, cosmetic products made of organic ingredients, such as plant extracts and natural oils, do not harm the skin. Consumers have preferred vegan and organic cosmetics, which drives the market.
- Animal-free alternatives may lead companies to produce lab-grown human skin samples for testing cosmetic products. The ability to create samples on demand reduces costs and increases the accuracy of results. Advancement in techniques means that samples can replicate different skin ages and colors. The increasing demand for vegan cosmetics among millennials and technological advancements drive the market's growth.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Increasing Usage of Cosmetic Products in Asia-Pacific
- The color cosmetics industry (including the eye, facial, and lip makeup categories) is the most prosperous in India, China, and others. Local companies, such as the Shahnaz Husain Group from India, are exclusively providing herbal/ayurvedic cosmetics products due to the prolonged health benefits it offers to the skin.
- Also, premium global brands register increased sales as Indian consumers move from functional items to more advanced and specialized cosmetic products. Many international brands, like Revlon, Elle18 MAC, Sephora, L’Oreal, and Oriflame, are increasing their presence further, by introducing more products in the Indian market, particularly with convenient and attractive packaging types and vegan ingredients, to attract the youth in the country.
- According to the World's Top Exporters, China was the third-largest importer of cosmetics in the world in 2021, with a total value of about USD 18.5 billion. Hong Kong, which imported skincare and cosmetics worth over USD 7.3 billion in 2021, was the next-largest cosmetics importer in Asia-Pacific.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Cosmetic Products Market Competitor Analysis
The cosmetics products market studied is highly competitive, with many regional small- to medium-scale players and key global players such as L’oreal SA, Estée Lauder Inc., LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, etc. Key players differentiate their offerings and compete on different factors, including product offerings, ingredients, packaging, price, functionality, and marketing activities, to gain a competitive advantage. Companies are increasing their investments in R&D and marketing, and they are expanding their distribution channels to maintain their position in the market. Moreover, companies are following strategies that include providing products through e-commerce (own website and third parties) websites to facilitate a larger targeted audience.
Cosmetic Products Market Top Players
The Estée Lauder Companies Inc.
Shiseido Company, Limited
LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Cosmetic Products Market Recent Developments
- May 2022: Estée Lauder with Shoppers Stop opened an exclusive SS Beauty store in Mumbai. With this establishment, the two companies have strengthened their partnership in India. The SS beauty store will offer only Estée Lauder brands like MAC Cosmetics, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, Jo Malone, Estee Lauder, Smashbox, and Tom Ford.
- May 2022: Estée Lauder's M.A.C Cosmetics and Netflix collaborated to launch an exclusive Stranger Things makeup collection. The new products have unique shade names and limited-edition packaging inspired by the iconic Real World Hawkins High and The Upside Down.
- May 2022: L'Oréal's Maybelline New York unveiled its newest product, Super Stay Vinyl Ink Liquid Lip Color. The no-budge vinyl color lasts up to 16 hours. Lippy, peachy, coy, red-hot, unrivaled, cheeky, witty, capricious, wicked, and royal, are among the ten colors of Super Stay Vinyl Ink Liquid Lipcolor.
Cosmetic Products Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Product Type
5.1.1 Facial Make-up Products
5.1.2 Eye Make-up Products
5.1.3 Lip Make-up Products
5.1.4 Nail Make-up Products
5.3 Distribution Channel
5.3.2 Specialty Stores
5.3.3 Online Retail Stores
5.3.4 Pharmacies and Drug Stores
5.3.5 Other Distribution Channels
5.4.1 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 Rest of North America
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.4 South America
220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
5.4.5 Middle East & Africa
18.104.22.168 United Arab Emirates
22.214.171.124 South Africa
126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Most Adopted Strategies
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 The Estée Lauder Companies Inc.
6.3.2 L'Oréal S.A.
6.3.3 Shiseido Company, Limited
6.3.4 Oriflame Holding AG
6.3.5 LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton
6.3.6 JAB Cosmetics B.V. (Coty, Inc.)
6.3.7 Natura & Co
6.3.8 Revlon, Inc.
6.3.9 Huda Beauty
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Cosmetic Products Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Cosmetic Products Market market is studied from 2017 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Cosmetic Products Market?
The Cosmetic Products Market is growing at a CAGR of 4.94% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Cosmetic Products Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Cosmetic Products Market?
North America holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Cosmetic Products Market?
The Estée Lauder Companies Inc., L'Oréal S.A., Shiseido Company, Limited, LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, Revlon, Inc. are the major companies operating in Cosmetic Products Market.
Cosmetic Products Industry Reports
In-depth industry statistics and market share insights of the Cosmetic Products sector for 2020, 2021, and 2022. The Cosmetic Products research report provides a comprehensive outlook of the market size and an industry growth forecast for 2023 to 2028. Available to download is a free sample file of the Cosmetic Products report PDF.