Government Cloud Market Size
|Fastest Growing Market:||Europe|
|Largest Market:||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Government Cloud Market Analysis
The Government Cloud Market will register at a CAGR of 17.4% over the forecast period. Government cloud refers to virtualization and cloud computing systems explicitly created for governmental entities. This global program aims to identify and develop cloud solutions supporting global federal governments' operational, financial, strategic, and IT goals.
- Government data generation is increasing due to growing census data (constant population growth), new policies and initiatives, cooperation with other regions, and increased GDP due to the mushrooming of new businesses. Physical hardware-based legacy systems are inefficient and may run out of room. Government cloud is therefore required.
- Moreover, governments may create more swiftly and scalable applications and services for citizens by utilizing cloud capabilities. Agencies can use cloud-native security services to improve security, modernize and secure their deployment, and achieve higher resilience through cloud-native auto-scaling capabilities.
- Based on their national and local laws, policies, and tactics, government clouds are emerging in numerous nations. For instance, the GovCloud initiative in the US supports the adoption of cloud computing systems following established standards, with a particular emphasis on security. This program has produced several guidelines, including the Federal Cloud Computing Strategy and the NIST Cloud Computing Technology Roadmap.
- Government policies across different regions have been a major restraining factor for the market. The governments in the EU, US, Singapore, and India have mandated that the data from government agencies be saved in local data centers. These regulations have benefitted the local players but have exerted additional financial strain on global companies.
- With the outbreak of COVID-19, the government cloud market is expected to witness significant growth as cloud-based services and tools are increasingly adapted due to government organizations deploying remote work access and rising awareness of security issues amid lockdowns in various countries.
Government Cloud Industry Segmentation
Cloud for government is becoming the next big thing as vendors provide public, private, or hybrid cloud solutions for government data related to its management, security, backup, or compliance. The offerings can be categorized by delivery modes, such as Infrastructure-as-a-Service, Platform-as-a-Service, or Software-as-a-Service.
The Government Cloud Market can be segmented by Deployment Model (Private Cloud, Public Cloud, Hybrid Cloud), Delivery Mode (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), Application (Server and Storage, Disaster Recovery/Data Backup, Security and Compliance, Analytics, Content Management), and Geography.
The market sizes and forecasts are provided in terms of value (USD billion) for all the above segments.
|By Deployment model|
|By Delivery Mode|
|Server and Storage|
|Disaster Recovery/Data Backup|
|Security and Compliance|
|Middle East and Africa|
Government Cloud Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Government Cloud Market according to our research experts:
Need for Greater Cloud Storage Capabilities to witness growth
- Digital data of all kinds are constantly growing dramatically on a global scale. The requirement for governments worldwide to manage such data effectively is posing challenges to their capacity to foster innovation and make provisions for the welfare and happiness of their citizens. According to Global Datasphere, 175 zettabytes of digital data will exist by 2025. Government agencies are producing large amounts of data, increasing the demand for cloud-based storage.
- The need for and adoption rate of cloud storage are favored by the rise in the need for low-cost data backup, storage, and protection across all government sectors, as well as the requirement to manage the data produced by the increased use of mobile technologies.
- Additionally, due to the growing number of data breaches in the banking industry, government banks are adopting cloud storage, which enables them to save data in a location that is either maintained and owned by the bank itself or by a third party, improving end-user security. Over the projected period, this is anticipated to enhance the adoption of cloud storage.
- Players in the cloud solutions market are currently compelled to develop inexpensive ways to store and handle the data due to the volume of data produced. The government cloud market will grow due to these factors in the future; for instance, In July last year, Tata Communications launched 'IZOTM Financial Cloud,' a community cloud platform tailored to fulfill Indian authorities' demanding data privacy, protection compliance, and security criteria for the banking, enterprises, and industries sectors.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Europea to Witness the Highest Growth
- The European Commission unveiled its first cloud computing strategy in 2012. The goal of the process was to accelerate and broaden the usage of cloud computing in all spheres of the economy. Currently, 36% of the continent’s companies use cloud services2, for an estimated €54 billion (USD 5636 Billion) of direct cloud spending in 2020, which is expected to double by next year.
- As the Increased density of edge and cloud facilities is needed to sustain the adoption of innovative and sovereign edge and cloud technologies across the continent, the European market is planning to adopt cloud native 5G and enable industrial local 5G networks, leveraging the global competitiveness of its network equipment providers and the worldwide footprint of its telecommunication operators to transform the mobile network into a global network of widely distributed cloud-edge nodes.
- Moreover, the European Union plans to invest EUR 10 billion(USD 10.44 Billion) over the next seven years to create a domestic cloud computing market that could compete with multinational companies like Amazon, Google, and Alibaba. These factors will boost the government cloud market during the forecast period.
- The widespread adoption of government cloud across various industrial verticals for accessing the excessive amount of citizen data regarding user logs, policies, and systems from remote endpoints is one of the key factors driving the market growth across the region.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Government Cloud Industry Overview
The market for government cloud is concentrated with major giants, such as Microsoft, Oracle NEC, IBM, and Google, providing cloud solutions and services for the government. This market's entry barrier is high since the existing vendors have a strong foothold.
In September 2022 - Amazon Web Services Inc announced that it has joined the government of Telangana for the project to transform its citizen service delivery by advancing its cloud adoption framework as the Telangana state government has decided to migrate its information technology (IT) workloads to the cloud to accelerate its eGovernance plans, and deliver faster and more reliable citizen services through its 33 departments and 289 organizations while achieving high-operational efficiency and reduced IT costs.
In January 2022 - Dell technologies sped Journey to Multi-Cloud with Portfolio Expansion with introduced multi-cloud capabilities that offer a consistent experience wherever applications and data reside, along with also expanding support for developer operations (DevOps) with new offers and resources to help choose the right cloud environment combined with the security, support and predictable cost of Dell infrastructure.
Government Cloud Market Leaders
Amazon Web Services Inc.
Cisco Systems Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Government Cloud Market News
- October 2022 - Oracle announced multi-cloud offerings for the Indian government as it doubles down on modernizing its infrastructure in the digital era; there is an excellent demand for multi-Cloud offerings among the government stakeholders, and by introducing the multi-cloud users can migrate or build new applications on Azure and then connect to high-performance and high-availability managed Oracle Database services such as Autonomous Database running on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI).
- August 2022 - Google Cloud announced its collaboration (MoU) with Singapore’s National AI to build artificial intelligence applications, train public sector officers on AI, and create test and scale AI applications in key areas such as finance, sustainability, and healthcare.
Government Cloud Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Definitions and Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter Five Forces
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
6. Market Drivers
6.1 Need for Greater Storage Capabilities is Driving the Market Demand
6.2 Need for Data Transparency are Expanding the Market
7. Market Restraints
7.1 Cloud Computing Skills Gap is Hindering the Market Growth
8. MARKET SEGMENTATION
8.1 By Deployment model
8.1.1 Public Cloud
8.1.2 Private Cloud
8.1.3 Hybrid Cloud
8.2 By Delivery Mode
8.3 By Application
8.3.1 Server and Storage
8.3.2 Disaster Recovery/Data Backup
8.3.3 Security and Compliance
8.3.5 Content Management
8.4 By Geography
8.4.1 North America
8.4.3 Asia Pacific
8.4.4 Latin America
8.4.5 Middle East and Africa
9. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
9.1 Company Profiles
9.1.1 Amazon Web Services Inc.
9.1.2 CGI Inc.
9.1.3 Cisco Systems Inc.
9.1.4 Dell Inc.
9.1.5 Google Inc.
9.1.6 IBM Corporation
9.1.7 Microsoft Corporation
9.1.8 NetApp Inc.
9.1.9 Oracle Corporation
9.1.10 Rackspace Inc.
9.1.11 Salesforce.com Inc.
9.1.12 VMWare Inc.
10. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
11. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Government Cloud Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Government Cloud Market market is studied from 2017 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Government Cloud Market?
The Government Cloud Market is growing at a CAGR of 17.4% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Government Cloud Market?
Europe is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Government Cloud Market?
North America holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Government Cloud Market?
Amazon Web Services Inc., CGI Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., Dell Inc., Google Inc. are the major companies operating in Government Cloud Market.
Government Cloud Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Government Cloud market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Government Cloud analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.