Europe is a big market for companies because of the high disposable income of the people. All the big companies have huge offices in various countries in Europe. London has one of the highest land rates for office space, which is above USD 250 per square foot. Other places like Paris and Moscow are no less for office rates. For companies to open offices in these places or open their branches is not easy because of the exorbitant rates. This is where smart office helps companies use their office space judiciously. This is the reason why the demand for smart office technology is increasing in this region.
Smart office is an application of Internet-of-Things domain which covers the work environment and helps make the usage of office space and resources more efficient and intelligent. Smart offices are both flexible and scalable while compared to the traditional workspaces which are inflexible.
Smart offices are made in such a way that the architecture is versatile and can be changed according to the needs and requirements. The offices have sensors, devices and information networked and connected to network infrastructure by suitable communication links, so that people can be mobile and work from anywhere. There are other devices and sensors used for maintaining the work environment like temperature, light intensity, etc. which help in reducing the power consumption.
The overall aim of smart office is the comfort of an individual user and other factors like energy savings, quality of work environment and meeting the scheduled deadlines. There are devices like Ava 500 from iRobot which helps people working from other offices also to participate in meetings and hold discussions on the move.
Major companies in the market like Siemens, Schneider Electric, ABB, Cisco, Honeywell, etc. are releasing more products and services for the smart offices market. These companies have been studied and their strategies have been analyzed in the report. The report is divided by geography where the market share of each region is analyzed and estimates are provided for the period of 2016 - 2021. The various applications of smart office have been discussed in detail in addition to a comprehensive overview of the market.
- Helping people in the office to be mobile and still be connected to network
- Increase in the sale of smart devices
- Security issues
- Cost of refurbishment of old office is high
What the Report Offers
- Market definition for the Europe smart office market, along with identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Market analysis for the Europe smart office market, with country-specific assessments and competition analysis in Europe.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies that can influence the market in Europe.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of the market.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the smart office market in Europe.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
1.5 Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Dynamics
3.1 Market Overview
3.2 Market Drivers
3.3 Market Restraints
3.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.6 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Model
3.6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.6.3 Threat from New Entrants
3.6.4 Threat from Substitute Product Types
3.6.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
4. Technology Overview
4.1 Technology Snapshot (ZigBee, Digital Addressable Lighting Interface (DALI), BACnet, Modbus, Lonworks et al.)
5. Europe Smart Office Market, by Product
5.1 Smart Lighting
5.2 Security & Access Control Systems
5.3 Energy Management Systems
5.4 Smart HVAC Control Systems
5.5 Audio – Video Conferencing Systems
5.6 Fire & Safety Control Systems
6. Europe Smart Office Market, by Building Types
6.2 New Buildings
7. Europe Smart Office Market, by Country
7.1 United Kingdom
8. Competitive Intelligence – Company Profiles (List Populated Globally)
8.1 Koninklijke Philips N.V
8.2 Honeywell International Inc.
8.3 ABB Ltd.
8.4 Schneider Electric SA
8.5 Siemens AG
8.6 United Technologies Corporation
8.7 Johnson Controls Inc.
8.8 Cisco Systems Inc.
8.9 Crestron Electronics Inc.
8.10 Lutron Electronics Co. Inc.
9. Vendor Market Share
10. Investment Analysis
10.1 Investment Outlook
10.2 Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
11. Future of Europe Smart Office Market