Baby Food Glass Packaging Market Size
|2019 - 2029
|Market Size (2024)
|USD 18.05 Million
|Market Size (2029)
|USD 21.97 Million
|CAGR (2024 - 2029)
|Fastest Growing Market
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Baby Food Glass Packaging Market Analysis
The Baby Food Glass Packaging Market size is estimated at USD 18.05 million in 2024, and is expected to reach USD 21.97 million by 2029, growing at a CAGR of 4.01% during the forecast period (2024-2029).
The market for baby food is rising due to the convenience in the demand for food safety. Due to this, there is a preference given to the hygiene and easy-to-carry factor. The increasing birth rate in countries like India and China and the consciousness of consumers are the aspects that drive the baby food packaging market.
- Consumer propensity for healthier food choices, whether organic, natural, or even functionally improved, has transformed the market’s environment, spreading to the baby nutrition business. The demand for natural baby food products is driven by the need to give newborns adequate nutrition to support healthy growth and development. As a result, the products must be supplemented with naturally present nutrients that assist in healthy growth and development.
- One of the primary factors that is expected to drive the growth of the baby food market is the growing population and the growing number of working women, and the problems regarding nutrition in infants and young children are also driving the demand for baby food. According to the International Monetary Fund, the population of China was 1400.11 million in 2017, and it reached 1411.75 million in 2022. Such population growth would leverage the baby food glass packaging market.
- According to a study conducted by Baby Center LLC in April 2022, when buying baby food, consumers can choose glass jars, plastic containers, and pouches. Glass jars are recyclable and do not drain chemicals, but they are heavy and prone to breaking. Plastic containers are light and recyclable but may drain chemicals into food if not made from BPA-free material. Pouches are convenient and do not break but may delay developmental skills in children if overused. Glass jars are recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) for sorting or preparing food. Glass jars eradicate the risk of harmful chemicals found in some plastics that can contaminate baby food and are also recyclable.
- The market also encounters challenges with the dynamic and strict regulations and standards that have to be followed for making baby food and packaging it in different types of materials such as glass, metal, plastic, and paper.
- The market developed significantly during the COVID-19 pandemic and caused people to switch to internet shopping and panic stocking, raising demand for essential foods like milk, baby food, and vegetables. Aseptic packaging has also gained popularity due to concerns about food hygiene caused by COVID-19. Customers are anticipated to choose superior packaging in the upcoming years to prevent these diseases, forcing vendors to consider sustainable aseptic packaging (glass) for baby and toddler food.
Baby Food Glass Packaging Market Trends
Baby Food to be the Fastest Growing Application Segment
- Glass packaging with P/T seals proves highly effective for preserving pasteurized or sterilized baby food. This packaging ensures protection from microbial spoilage and oxidation, allowing it to remain unrefrigerated for extended periods while maintaining its valuable qualities.
- Moreover, glass packaging boasts minimal material migration to food and can be efficiently recycled alongside metal seals. Consequently, packaging waste poses no threat to the environment. According to scientists, bottle-fed infants are ingesting millions of microplastic particles daily. The recommended high-temperature procedure for sterilizing plastic bottles and preparing formula milk was found to cause the shedding of millions of microplastics and trillions of even smaller nanoplastics.
- The push for sustainable packaging is a significant trend across industries. Glass is a highly sustainable material as it is 100% recyclable and can be reused. This appeals to eco-conscious parents who seek eco-friendly options for their baby's food, as most parents are conscious of the safety and health of their infants. Glass containers are considered a safe and non-toxic option for storing baby food, as they do not leach harmful chemicals into the food, ensuring the purity of the contents.
- Glass containers allow consumers to see the product inside, reassuring them about the quality and freshness of the baby food. This transparency is a key selling point, particularly for organic and natural baby food products. Advanced packaging technologies, such as vacuum-sealing and airtight lids, are being used to extend the shelf life of baby food in glass containers. This ensures longer product freshness without the need for preservatives.
Europe to Register Significant Growth
- The demand for convenience, variety, and more nutritional baby food is a factor driving the increasing consumption of baby food. The growth of the middle class and the rising working female population are also factors boosting the market. Consumers are more conscious of their baby's health, which increases demand for natural, vegan, and organic baby food. In response to the growing demand for organic and vegan baby foods, manufacturers are developing new products to expand their market share. The demand for a variety of baby food products, including organic and vegan options, necessitates different types of packaging to cater for these products. Manufacturers may require specialized packaging solutions to maintain the quality and safety of these products. This drives the need for innovation in baby food packaging.
- In Germany, the combination of consumer preferences for healthier baby food options, the innovative approach of glass manufacturers, and a growing focus on sustainability within the industry is set to fuel the continued expansion of the baby food glass packaging market.
- The increase in glass bottle imports from the United Kingdom indicates a growing demand for glass containers. This increase in supply can benefit the baby food glass packaging market because it suggests that there may be more available glass packaging options, potentially leading to greater competition among glass bottle manufacturers. This competition can lead to better pricing and quality for businesses in the baby food packaging industry.
- In France, a significant breakthrough has been observed in the baby food market in recent years, with small-scale manufacturers gaining prominence. According to the financial newspaper Les Echos, local entrepreneurs are disrupting the industry and meeting the growing demand for organic and homemade products. Organic and homemade baby food products often command premium prices. Consumers who invest in these healthier options are more likely to prefer premium packaging options like glass. Glass containers are often associated with quality and safety, making them an attractive choice for products targeting health-conscious parents.Spanish consumers are increasingly demanding that their children be provided with organic foods. Hence, the baby food market has also taken off with the growing trend of consumer consumption of organic products. Consumer strict government regulation of the manufacture of infant foods has led to slower growth in the market. It benefits consumers, as these regulations ensure food safety and quality products are used. Strict government regulations for baby food production ensure that food safety is maintained and high-quality products are used. Glass containers are considered a safe and non-toxic packaging option. Strict quality and safety standards enforced by government regulations make glass packaging suitable for use as they help maintain the integrity and quality of baby food products.
- The baby food glass packaging market in the Rest of Europe is witnessing a significant focus on sustainability. Companies like Ardagh Glass Packaging are investing in innovative solutions to reduce emissions and minimize resource usage. This is crucial in the context of the baby food industry, as parents are increasingly looking for eco-friendly and sustainable packaging options for their children's food.
Baby Food Glass Packaging Industry Overview
The Baby Food Glass Packaging Market is fragmented with the presence of major players such as Ardagh Group, Gerresheimer AG, SGD Pharma, Pigeon India, and Evenflow Feeding. Players operating in the industry are focused on expanding their business through collaborations, acquisitions, and mergers.
- In October 2023, SGD Pharma announced the decommissioning of one of its two state-of-the-art furnaces at the company's production facility in Saint-Qentin-Lampotte, France. This project is part of the company's comprehensive decarbonization plan and will contribute to a two-thirds reduction in global carbon emissions by 2040.
- In May 2023, Ardagh Glass Packaging (AGP) - UK announced the building of a highly sustainable, efficient furnace that is set to minimize greenhouse gas emissions from the glass production process. The furnace, set to be installed at the AGP - Doncaster, UK Facility, employs the latest industrial technology to provide a more efficient melter with significantly reduced gas consumption and carbon emissions.
Baby Food Glass Packaging Market Leaders
O-I Glass Inc.
Vetropack Holding Ltd
Ardagh Group S.A.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Baby Food Glass Packaging Market News
- September 2023 - Ardagh Glass Packaging revealed its plan to build a highly sustainable furnace at its Obernkirchen facility to minimize greenhouse gas emissions. The NextGen furnace is expected to commence production of commercial glass containers by the end of 2023 with the capacity to produce up to 350 tonnes (t) of glass bottles per day.
- May 2023 - Ardagh Glass GmbH, part of Ardagh Glass Packaging (AGP), began building a groundbreaking hybrid furnace to facilitate a switch to renewable electricity at its glass production facility in Germany. The technology in the appropriately named 'NextGen' furnace significantly reduces CO2 emissions by as much as 60% in the furnace. The company considers this an essential step in gaining the emissions target of the company's 2030 Sustainability Strategy.
Baby Food Glass PackagingMarket Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3 Industry Ecosystem Analysis
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Plastics Continue to Record Stronger Growth Compared to Glass Containers
5.1.2 Overall Growth in Demand for Organic and Natural Baby Foods and Innovations in Baby Food Packaging
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Issues Related Material Regulations
5.3 Summary of Baby Food Industry with Geographical Trends
5.4 Industry Regulations and Standards
5.5 Relative Demand Analysis of Major Material Types Glass, Plastic, Paperboard and Metal
5.6 Role of Sustainability and Convenience in the Baby Food Packaging Industry
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Application
6.1.1 Baby Food
6.1.2 Other Applications
6.2 By Geography
6.2.1 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
6.2.3 Asia Pacific
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia Pacific
6.2.4 Middle East & Africa
6.2.5 Latin America
7. MARKET SEGMENTATION - BABY GLASS BOTTLES (NURSING/FEEDING)
7.1 By Geography
7.1.1 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
7.1.4 Rest of the World
8. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
8.1 Company Profiles*
8.1.1 O-I Glass Inc.
8.1.2 Gerreshmier AG
8.1.3 Vetropack Holding Ltd
8.1.4 Ardagh Group S.A.
8.1.5 Glassware Depot
8.1.6 SGD SA (SGD Pharma)
8.1.7 Pigeon Corporation
8.1.8 Mayborn Group Limited
8.1.9 Evenflo Feeding
8.1.10 Sundelight Infant Products Ltd
9. FUTURE OUTLOOK OF THE MARKET
Baby Food Glass PackagingMarket Research FAQs
How big is the Baby Food Glass Packaging Market?
The Baby Food Glass Packaging Market size is expected to reach USD 18.05 million in 2024 and grow at a CAGR of 4.01% to reach USD 21.97 million by 2029.
What is the current Baby Food Glass Packaging Market size?
In 2024, the Baby Food Glass Packaging Market size is expected to reach USD 18.05 million.
Who are the key players in Baby Food Glass Packaging Market?
O-I Glass Inc., Gerreshmier AG, Vetropack Holding Ltd, Glassware Depot and Ardagh Group S.A. are the major companies operating in the Baby Food Glass Packaging Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Baby Food Glass Packaging Market?
Europe is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2024-2029).
Which region has the biggest share in Baby Food Glass Packaging Market?
In 2024, the Asia Pacific accounts for the largest market share in Baby Food Glass Packaging Market.
What years does this Baby Food Glass Packaging Market cover, and what was the market size in 2023?
In 2023, the Baby Food Glass Packaging Market size was estimated at USD 17.35 million. The report covers the Baby Food Glass Packaging Market historical market size for years: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the Baby Food Glass Packaging Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029.
Baby Food Glass PackagingIndustry Report
Statistics for the 2024 Baby Food Glass Packaging market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Baby Food Glass Packaging analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2024 to 2029 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.