Plasterboard Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|CAGR||> 5.00 %|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia-Pacific|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Plasterboard Market Analysis
During the time frame of the forecast, the global plasterboard market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 5%.
The outbreak of COVID-19 impacted plasterboard market growth in 2020 due to slowed construction industry growth. Because the income of a relatively large part of society was affected, it had a negative effect on the liquidity of money, which in turn had a negative effect on the performance of the construction sector. Also, problems with getting raw materials and workers were some of the biggest things that slowed down construction in 2020.But the increase in building projects after the pandemic has made more people want plasterboard.
- Most of the growth in the plasterboard industry can be attributed to the rise in residential construction and the need for more fire-resistant building materials.
- Lack of awareness among residential end-users and a lack of places to get rid of waste plasterboard are likely to slow the growth of the market.
- In the future, it is expected that new lightweight plasterboards will give the market a chance to grow.
- Asia-Pacific was the biggest market for plasterboard because the building industry in developing countries like China, India, and Indonesia was growing so quickly.
Plasterboard Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Plasterboard Market according to our research experts:
Increasing Demand from Residential Construction
- The number of people in the middle class is growing, and their disposable income is also going up. This has helped the middle-class housing market grow, which will increase the use of plasterboard over the next few years.
- Even though there is more demand, there is still a big shortage of housing around the world.This gives investors and developers a big chance to use different ways of building and make new partnerships to move development forward.
- The Asia-Pacific region is expected to have the most growth because the housing construction market in China and India is growing. China, India, and Southeast Asian nations are in charge of the largest low-cost housing construction segment in Asia-Pacific.
- In 2021, the floor space of new residential real estate construction will amount to around 1.46 trillion square meters in China. Residential buildings accounted for the largest share of completed construction in China in 2021. Almost 67 percent of the completed floor space belonged to buildings designated for housing.
- Furthermore, in the United States, privately owned single-family housing that had finished construction had more than 1 million units in January 2021, as compared to 942 thousand units in January 2020. Moreover, privately owned housing units authorized by building permits were at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 1.33 million units in December 2022. This is 1.6 percent below the revised November rate of 1.35 million units and 29.9 percent below the December 2021 rate of 1.9 million units.
- In India, the government initiated a project called "Housing for All by 2022," which is expected to immensely drive the low-cost residential construction segment in the country throughout the forecast period.
- Due to the increasing middle-class population and residential building construction, coupled with government initiatives and investments, the demand for plasterboard in the residential sector across all regions is expected to increase during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
The Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- In Asia-Pacific, China is the largest economy in terms of GDP. The growth rate in the country remains high, but it is gradually diminishing as the population is aging and the economy is rebalancing from investment to consumption, manufacturing to services, and external to internal demand.
- China's construction industry grew quickly because the government pushed for investments in infrastructure to keep the economy growing. The value of new contracts signed by Chinese construction companies in 2021 was approximately CNY 34.5 trillion (USD 0.48 trillion), which is more than half of the total.
- Even though the growth of the real estate market is unpredictable, the Chinese government has put a lot of effort into building rail and road infrastructure to keep up with the growing industrial and service sectors. This has led to a lot of growth in the Chinese construction industry in recent years.Since most construction companies are owned by the government, the increase in government spending is helping the construction business in the country.
- China is becoming more and more urban, and by 2050, 255 million more people are expected to live in cities. started by the government to help migrants find social housing and to expand urban facilities in big cities.The government has also said it will spend more than USD 162 billion to fix up "shantytowns" in cities.
- India is likely to witness an investment of around USD 1.3 trillion in housing over the next few years, during which the country is likely to witness the construction of 60 million new homes. By 2024, the number of affordable homes in India is expected to have grown by about 70%.In June 2022, FDI in the construction and development of townships, housing, built-up infrastructure, and infrastructure development projects stood at USD 28.64 billion.
- Overall, the market that was looked at is expected to grow at high rates. This is because the construction industry in the country and region is growing quickly.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Plasterboard Industry Overview
There are only a few big players in the global plasterboard market. The top five players make up a big chunk of the market. Key players in the plasterboard market include Etex Group, National Gypsum Services Company, Saint-Gobain, Georgia-Pacific, and AWI Licensing LLC, among others (not in any particular order).
Plasterboard Market Leaders
AWI Licensing LLC
National Gypsum Services Company
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Plasterboard Market News
- June 2022: Saint-Gobain, through its building products subsidiary CertainTeed Canada Inc., announced plans to invest CAD 91 million (USD 73 million), including CAD 40 million (USD 32 million) in grant money from the government of Quebec through its EcoPerformance program, to upgrade equipment at its Montreal wallboard manufacturing facility and reduce its carbon emissions by up to 44,000 metric tonnes per year. This will make it the first zero-carbon drywall plant in North America.
- April 2022: Saint-Gobain and Dalsan signed a joint venture agreement that says their plaster and plasterboard businesses in Turkey will be combined. Saint-Gobain Rigips and Dalsan Alci made more than EUR 100 million (USD 117 million) in sales in 2021.When an investment project at the new plant in Turgutlu (Manisa) is finished in 2023, they will be in the lead with the ability to make 100 million square meters of plasterboard, 2 million tonnes of plaster, and 50 million meters of metal profiles each year.
- In January 2022, Etex acquired URSA, a pioneer in insulation solutions in Europe, to strengthen its portfolio in the sustainable business segment. Etex was able to offer more systems and solutions when it added insulation expertise to its plasterboard, fiber-cement, passive fire protection, and modular products.
Plasterboard Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Strong Demand for Dry Construction Methods over Wet Methods
4.1.2 Increasing Demand from Residential Construction
4.1.3 Rising Demand for Fire-resistant Construction Materials
4.2.1 Lack of Awareness
4.2.2 Lack of Availability of Plasterboard Waste Disposal Plants
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size in Volume)
5.2.1 Damp-roof Plasterboard
5.2.2 Fire-resistant Plasterboard
5.2.3 Impact-resistant Plasterboard
5.2.4 Insulated Plasterboard
5.2.5 Moisture-resistant Plasterboard
5.2.6 Sound-resistant Plasterboard
5.2.7 Standard Plasterboard
5.2.8 Thermal Plasterboard
5.3 End-use Sector
126.96.36.199 South Korea
188.8.131.52 ASEAN Countries
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.2 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 NORDIC Countries
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
5.4.4 South America
188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
220.127.116.11 South Africa
18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 AWI Licensing LLC
6.4.2 Ahmed Yousuf & Hassan Abdullah Co. (AYHACO GROUP)
6.4.3 ATISKAN STRUCTURE AND INDUSTRIAL GYPSUM PRODUCTS INDUSTRY. VE TIC. Inc.
6.4.4 Etex Group
6.4.5 Fletcher Building
6.4.9 Gyptec Iberica
6.4.10 Jason Plasterboard Co. Ltd.
6.4.12 Mada Gypsum
6.4.13 National Gypsum Services Company
6.4.14 ECPlaza Network Inc.
6.4.16 USG Boral
6.4.18 JN Linrose
6.4.19 American Gypsum
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Emerging Lightweight Plasterboards
7.2 Other Opportunities
Plasterboard Market Research FAQs
What is the current Plasterboard Market size?
The Plasterboard Market is projected to register a CAGR of greater than 5% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Who are the key players in Plasterboard Market?
Etex Group, Saint-Gobain, Georgia-Pacific, AWI Licensing LLC and National Gypsum Services Company are the major companies operating in the Plasterboard Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Plasterboard Market?
Asia-Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2028).
Which region has the biggest share in Plasterboard Market?
In 2023, the Asia-Pacific accounts for the largest market share in the Plasterboard Market.
Plasterboard Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Plasterboard market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Plasterboard analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.