GPS And GNSS Receivers In Aviation Market Size
|Market Size (2023)||USD 1.08 Billion|
|Market Size (2028)||USD 1.5 Billion|
|CAGR (2023 - 2028)||6.78 %|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia-Pacific|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
GPS And GNSS Receivers In Aviation Market Analysis
The GPS and GNSS Receivers in Aviation Market size is expected to grow from USD 1.08 billion in 2023 to USD 1.50 billion by 2028, at a CAGR of 6.78% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- The global positioning system (GPS) and global navigation satellite system (GNSS) receivers in the aviation market witnessed unprecedented challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The demand for commercial and military aircraft slumped due to low economic growth, a decrease in air traffic passengers, and a decline in aviation operations.
- Moreover, there had been a decrease in the growth rate of wide-body aircraft and narrow-body aircraft orders owing to the grounding of the Boeing 737 MAX aircraft. Nevertheless, the slump was temporary, and the market was anticipated to witness robust growth due to the demand for such equipment both from aircraft original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) service providers.
- Most of the GPS equipment designed for use in commercial aircraft is permanently installed in tested and approved locations with appropriate power supplies and is integrated with other flight systems. Air navigation systems usually have a moving map display and are often connected to the autopilot for en-route navigation. With the growth of the aviation industry and the introduction of new aircraft to the fleet, the demand for quick and hassle-free aircraft navigation will boost the demand for GPS and GNSS Receivers in the Aviation market during the forecast period.
GPS And GNSS Receivers In Aviation Market Trends
Military Aviation Segment is Anticipated to Grow with the Highest CAGR During the Forecast Period
- The military aviation segment is expected to show significant growth during the forecast period. The growth can be attributed to the increasing military expenditure by governments of all regions, rising demand for new military aircraft, and growing military modernization programs. Satellite navigation is very crucial for carrying out military missions for navigation purposes in enemy territories and is especially important in the absence of light in night missions. The military forces heavily rely on GNSS and GPS in order to obtain an accurate positioning of their own units, as well as the enemy force's positions.
- Several defense bodies also depend on GPS and GNSS technologies as it helps the forces to efficiently conduct their missions. The United States, China, India, the UK, Russia, and France are currently the world's largest military spenders, respectively. In August 2021, BAE Systems plc unveiled its ultra-small MicroGRAM-M global positioning system receiver compatible with next-generation M-Code military GPS that is resistant to jamming and spoofing. MicroGRAM-M is the world's smallest, lightest, and most power-efficient GPS receiver for size-constrained and other micro-applications.
- Countries are increasing their military budgets in order to modernize their military aircraft fleet. With the rise in military aircraft, the demand for GPS and GNSS receivers will also increase during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia Pacific Will Showcase Remarkable Growth During the Forecast Period
- Asia-Pacific is projected to show the highest growth during the forecast period. Growing expenditure on the aviation sector and growing demand for new aircraft, especially from China and India, boost the market growth across the region. According to the International Air Transport Association (IATA), China surpassed the United States and became the largest aviation market in the world in 2022. Furthermore, China is expected to reach a total of 1.5 billion aviation passengers by 2036.
- Also, the Indian civil aviation ministry announced that India would become the third-largest domestic aviation market in 2021. Furthermore, the procurement of next-generation fighter jets from India, China, and Japan will propel the growth of the market. As the aircraft fleet commercial and military increases, the demand for navigation devices, particularly GPS and GNSS, will also increase, leading to the growth of the market.
- For instance, in December 2021, Russian space agency Roscosmos and the Chinese Satellite Navigation System Commission signed an agreement for the development of navigation systems, Russia's GLONASS and China's BeiDou, and installing ground-based measuring sites on the territory of both states. Thus, the growing demand for commercial and military aircraft from Asian countries drives the growth of the market.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
GPS And GNSS Receivers In Aviation Industry Overview
The GPS and GNSS Receivers in the Aviation Market are moderately consolidated in nature, with few players holding significant shares in the market. Some prominent market players are Cobham Limited, Trimble Inc., Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., L3Harris Technologies, Inc., and Topcon Positioning Systems, Inc. These major players operating in this market have adopted various strategies comprising mergers and acquisitions, investment in R&D, collaborations, partnerships, regional business expansion, and new product launches.
For instance, in November 2020, Cobham Aerospace Connectivity was selected by the General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI) and the U.S. Army to provide the anti-jam GPS systems for the MQ-1C ER Gray Eagle Extended Range (GE-ER) Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) platform. In addition, L3 Harris is building the next-generation GPS III satellite constellation by developing and integrating advanced navigation and timing payload technologies.
GPS And GNSS Receivers In Aviation Market Leaders
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Topcon Positioning Systems, Inc.
L3Harris Technologies, Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
GPS And GNSS Receivers In Aviation Market News
August 2021: Honeywell and InfiniDome collaborated on the development and delivery of GPS signal protection systems for various vehicles, including commercial and military aircraft, urban air mobility (UAM) platforms, unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), and surface vehicles.
August 2021: Topcon was awarded a contract by DDK Positioning Ltd. to supply hardware components for the global navigation satellite system (GNSS).
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Commercial Aviation
5.1.2 Military Aviation
5.2.1 Wired Receivers
5.2.2 Wireless Receivers
5.3.1 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
5.3.3 Asia Pacific
18.104.22.168 South Korea
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia Pacific
5.3.4 Latin America
126.96.36.199 Rest of Latin America
5.3.5 Middle East and Africa
188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
184.108.40.206 United Arab Emirates
220.127.116.11 South Africa
18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Trimble Inc.
6.1.2 Topcon Positioning Systems, Inc.
6.1.3 Broadcom, Inc.
6.1.4 Hexagon AB
6.1.5 Garmin Ltd.
6.1.8 L3 Harris Technologies, Inc.
6.1.9 Cobham Limited
6.1.10 Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Frequently Asked Questions
How big is the GPS And GNSS Receivers In Aviation Market?
The GPS And GNSS Receivers In Aviation Market size is expected to reach USD 1.08 billion in 2023 and grow at a CAGR of 6.78% to reach USD 1.5 billion by 2028.
What is the current GPS And GNSS Receivers In Aviation Market size?
In 2023, the GPS And GNSS Receivers In Aviation Market size is expected to reach USD 1.08 billion.
Who are the key players in GPS And GNSS Receivers In Aviation Market?
Cobham Limited, Trimble, Inc., Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., Topcon Positioning Systems, Inc. and L3Harris Technologies, Inc. are the major companies operating in the GPS And GNSS Receivers In Aviation Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in GPS And GNSS Receivers In Aviation Market?
Asia-Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2028).
Which region has the biggest share in GPS And GNSS Receivers In Aviation Market?
In 2023, the Asia-Pacific accounts for the largest market share in GPS And GNSS Receivers In Aviation Market.
GPS And GNSS Receivers In Aviation Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 GPS And GNSS Receivers In Aviation market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. GPS And GNSS Receivers In Aviation analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2023 to (2023to2028) and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.