Cloud Identity & Access Management Software Market Size
|2019 - 2029
|Base Year For Estimation
|Fastest Growing Market
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Cloud Identity & Access Management Software Market Analysis
Over the next few years, the market for cloud identity and access management software is expected to register a CAGR of 18.6%. Cloud identity and access management (IAM) technology creates, captures, stores, and manages multiple user identities and access permissions. All users are checked out, given permission, and judged based on their roles and the company's rules.
- Due to cost savings and economies of scale, cloud technology is revolutionizing how businesses operate. However, the lack of proper security measures can undermine the benefits of cloud computing. This calls for a fundamental need for security solutions, including security for identity-related crimes, and hence drives the market for cloud identity and access management.
- The public cloud is the most popular type of cloud deployment on the market. This is because it is being used more and more in many different industries. However, hybrid cloud deployment is expected to register the highest CAGR over the forecast period because of growing adoption among small and medium-sized enterprises.
- As mobile phones and tablets become more popular, employees can connect their phones and laptops to the business network. Instead of using their old office desktops, employees like to use their own devices in enterprises, which increases the need for cloud identity and access management software and hence drives the market studied.
During the COVID-19 impact period, cloud identity and access management (IAM) software was expected to have a positive impact on the market and contribute significantly to its growth over the forecast period. IAM vendors came forward to assist the enterprises. For instance, during the pandemic, IBM announced that it would make critical technologies such as IBM Security MAss360 with Watson and IBM Cloud Identity available at no charge for new clients for 90 days.
Cloud Identity & Access Management Software Market Trends
Single Sign-on (SSO) and Federated Provisioning is Expected to Witness the Highest Growth
- Single sign-on (SSO) is the most recent innovation in identity access management. The compact and highly flexible nature of this solution is attracting a wide range of end-users, ranging from IT companies to the manufacturing sector.
- In the case of federated provisioning, the solution is a mix of two separate systems called federated identity and provisioning. Federated identity refers to the standards that allow different policy domains to share identity management responsibilities. Provisioning, on the other hand, is the automation of all the steps in the lifecycle that are needed to manage user or system access entitlements.
- The capability of retaining in-house control of user accounts while leveraging cloud applications and data is the significant advantage that federated provisioning solutions offer and is driving the immense growth of these solutions in the market.
- Furthermore, the increasing number of social engineering attacks and identity thefts is driving the growth of both single sign-on and federated provisioning, especially in the developed countries of North America and Europe.
- The Identity Theft Resource Center thinks that in the United States in 2022, there were 1802 times when data was stolen. In the same year, data intrusions such as data breaches, data leaks, and data exposure also had an impact on over 422 million people. Even though these are three distinct events, they all share a similar trait. All three instances result in an unauthorized threat actor accessing the sensitive data.
North America Occupies the Largest Market Share
- Most of the cloud-advanced organizations in the world are from the North American region, along with a high number of startups whose most preferred mode of solution deployment is in the cloud.
- Along with the highest adoption of cloud-based software services, it is also reported by the ITU that the North American region is very proactive and committed to cybersecurity.
- Moreover, benefits like reduced CAPEX and faster rollouts of updates are some of the major reasons for the adoption of cloud-based identity management solutions in the North American region.
- Major adoption of cloud-based IAM in the region is seen in the BFSI sector, and it may continue to rise, as credit card frauds and breaches accounted for a major share of the total number of identity thefts, as reported by the US consumer sentinel network.
- The region is highly affected by cyberattacks and has one of the highest cybersecurity incidents in the world. Therefore, the region has also implemented its countermeasures and has become one of the most advanced regions with respect to cybersecurity, technology, and its adoption. Therefore, rising cybersecurity needs will also drive the cloud identity and access management software market in the region.
Cloud Identity & Access Management Software Industry Overview
The cloud identity and access management market comprises several global and regional players and is a moderately contested market space. However, the market is shifting toward the consolidation of various smaller players. Several market players are gaining a sustainable competitive advantage in the market through innovations. Some of the major players in the market are IBM Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, and Oracle Corporation, among others.
CloudIBN announced the introduction of Identity and Access Management services in December 2022. With the help of this IAM solution suite, businesses can effectively manage user access control across their whole organization and keep their data safe.
Cloud Identity & Access Management Software Market Leaders
Broadcom Inc. (CA Technologies)
Dell Technologies Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Cloud Identity & Access Management Software Market News
- November 2022 : The identity threat detection and response (ITDR) Platform, made available by cloud identity and access security provider Authomize, enables users to get rid of identity threats in all of their cloud settings. It acknowledges that identity is the new perimeter and needs security in the face of escalating threats experienced over the past few years, just as every infrastructure surface, whether it be an endpoint, network, or cloud, requires a protective layer to monitor and safeguard it against exploitation.
- May 2022 : Entra, a new product family of identity and access management solutions, was introduced by Microsoft. The family contains two new product categories, Cloud Infrastructure Entitlement Management (CIEM) and Decentralized Identity, in addition to well-known solutions like Azure AD.
Cloud Identity & Access Management Software Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing Number of Security Breaches and Related Costs
4.2.2 Increasing Trend of Using BYODs in Enterprises
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Vulnerability of Cloud-based Applications to Cyber Risks
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.5 Technology Snapshot
4.6 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Size of Organization
5.1.2 Large Organization
5.2 By Type of Solution
5.2.1 Audit, Compliance, and Governance
5.2.2 Single Sign-on (SSO) and Federated Provisioning
5.2.3 Privileged Access Management
5.2.4 Directory Service
5.2.5 Other Types of Solutions
5.3 By Deployment Type
5.4 By End-User Vertical
5.4.1 IT and Telecommunication
5.4.4 Entertainment and Media
5.4.7 Other End-User Verticals
5.5.1 North America
5.5.4 Latin America
5.5.5 Middle East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles*
6.1.1 Cyberark Software Ltd.
6.1.2 Broadcom Inc. (CA Technologies)
6.1.3 IBM Corporation
6.1.4 Microsoft Corporation
6.1.5 Oracle Corporation
6.1.6 Okta Inc.
6.1.7 Centrify Corporation
6.1.8 Sailpoint Technologies Holdings Inc.
6.1.9 Auth0 Inc.
6.1.10 Dell Technologies Inc.
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Cloud Identity & Access Management Software Market Research FAQs
What is the current Cloud Identity and Access Management Software Market size?
The Cloud Identity and Access Management Software Market is projected to register a CAGR of 18.60% during the forecast period (2024-2029)
Who are the key players in Cloud Identity and Access Management Software Market?
Broadcom Inc. (CA Technologies), IBM Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, Oracle Corporation and Dell Technologies Inc. are the major companies operating in the Cloud Identity and Access Management Software Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Cloud Identity and Access Management Software Market?
Asia-Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2024-2029).
Which region has the biggest share in Cloud Identity and Access Management Software Market?
In 2024, the North America accounts for the largest market share in Cloud Identity and Access Management Software Market.
What years does this Cloud Identity and Access Management Software Market cover?
The report covers the Cloud Identity and Access Management Software Market historical market size for years: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the Cloud Identity and Access Management Software Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029.
Cloud Identity and Access Management Software Industry Report
Statistics for the 2024 Cloud Identity and Access Management Software market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Cloud Identity and Access Management Software analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2029 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.