Food Humectants Market Insight
The overall food humectants industry has seen significant growth in recent years. Increasing application of natural food humectants in beverages especially in fruit and vegetable juices is stimulating the growth of this market. The rising application of food humectant such as Polydextrose to replace sugar in confectionery products has contributed towards the growth of global food humectants market. Moreover, growing demand of dietetic or sugarless confectionery products will boost the market growth in upcoming years.
The global food humectants market is expected to register a CAGR of 6.5% during the forecast period, 2018 to 2023.
Food Humectants Market Dynamics
The food humectants market is expected to project a significant growth in the near future. Some of the key factors such as the inclination of consumers towards nutritional and functional food & beverages, along with sugarless food additives are driving the growth of the food humectant market. In recent years, the awareness about food additives used in beverages and confectionery products has increased; this has led to a significant increase in the use of natural and sugarless food humectants in beverages and confectionery products. Due to the rising disposable income of consumers, especially in developing regions, the consumers are willing to spend more on fruit & vegetable juices, the bakery & confectionary products such as biscuits, cookies along with functional & nutritional foods, health supplements, etc. which further influencing the demand for food humectants globally.
Food Humectants Market Segmentation
On the basis of application, the food humectants market is led by the bakery & confectionery application segment. Food humectants such as sodium hexametaphosphate are gaining popularity in various countries as good food additives because of the increase in nutritional value that they provide. Growing demand of nutritious and sugarless food humectants in fruit & vegetable juices will play key role in the growth of food humectants application in beverage industry. Furthermore, an increase in demand for products with high shelf especially Ready to Eat (RTE) meals is driving the use of food humectants in various food products. Also, increasing application of food humectants in cream centers, grained confections, chewing gum, gummy candies, and caramel is supporting the market growth in confectionery segment.
Food Humectants Market Regional Analysis
Globally, among all the regions, North America is expected to contribute the highest market share followed by European region over the forecast period due the FDA approval for using humectants in food & beverage products. In Europe, the application of humectants in food & beverages contributes major market share compare to application of humectants in cosmetics as prominence of government to use natural humectant in comparison to synthetic humectants due to harmful effects related with the natural humectants. However, Asia-Pacific will witness higher growth rate due to the growing demand of functional and nutritional food products coupled with changing lifestyle of consumers are adopting healthy lifestyle which supporting the market growth especially in countries like China and India.
Key Developments in the Food Humectants Market
- May 2018: Galactic a key player in food humectants developed the predictive modeling tool for food preservation which will allows manufacturers to prevent potential future risks with a minimum involvement of their R&D resources, while cutting consistent expenses and buying more time for market placement.
- Oct 2017: PepsiCo seeks label-friendly alternatives to glycerin as part of clean-label drive.
Food Humectant Market Compettive Landscape
Major Key Players are ARCHER DANIELS MIDLAND, CARGILL, INC., BASF SE, E. I. DU PONT DE NEMOURS AND COMPANY, THE DOW CHEMICAL COMPANY, BRENNTAG AG, ACME HARDESTY CO., GALACTIC, ROQUETTE FRÈRES, BARENTZ, CORBION N.V., AND ASHLAND GLOBAL HOLDINGS INC.
Reasons to Purchase the Food Humectants Market Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come.
- Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst supports, along with the Market Estimates sheet in excel
Customization of the Food Humectants Market Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Scope of Study
1.2 Study Deliverables
1.3 Study Assumptions
2. Market Insights
2.1 Market Overview
2.2 Market Trends
2.3 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
2.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
2.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
2.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
2.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
2.3.5 Degree of Competition
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Growing Consumption of Bakery Food Products with Better Shelf Life
3.1.2 Increasing Consumer Preference for Sugarless and Low Calorie Foods
3.2.1 Stringent Regulations for Food Humectant
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Source
184.108.40.206 Plant based
220.127.116.11 Animal based
4.2 By Product Type
4.2.1 Sugar Alcohol
4.3 By Application
4.3.1 Bakery Products
4.3.3 Functional & Nutritional Foods
4.3.4 Confectionery Products
4.3.5 Dairy Products
5. By Geography
5.1 North America
5.1.4 Rest of North America
5.2.7 Rest of Europe
5.3.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4 South America
5.4.3 Rest of South America
5.5 Middle East & South Africa
5.5.1 South Africa
5.5.2 Saudi Arabia
5.5.3 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Most Active Companies
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
7. Company Profiles
7.1 Archer Daniels Midland
7.2 Cargill, Inc.
7.3 BASF SE
7.5 Ingredion Incorporated
7.6 Brenntag AG
7.7 Acme Hardesty Co.
7.9 Roquette Frères
7.11 Corbion N.V.
7.12 Ashland Global Holdings Inc.