The global food stabilizers market is anticipated to register a CAGR of 4.2%, during the forecast period (2018-2023). In order to increase the market share companies are concentrating on development of innovative and multi-functional food stabilizers. The market is also observing new entrants who are investing in emerging markets.
The food stabilizer market is driven by increasing demand for convenience food and organic food and rising influence of westernized food consumption pattern. Growing preference for specialized and customized blends by F&B manufactures is another factor for the continuous market growth. With stability, shelf life, texture, visual appeal growing equally large in priority for packaged to sell, manufacturers are seeking for innovative food stabilizers, which caters to demand of consumers. However, limitations over usage of certain stabilizer blends, stringent government regulations on usage and quantity, and consumer preference for fresh food has become hurdle in the growth of the food stabilizer market.
Some of the major food stabilizers used in the food industry include carrageenan, pectin, xanthum gum, locust bean, lecithin, and gelatin. Gelatin is majorly used in the ice cream industry, but has been gradually replaced with polysaccharides of plant origin owing to increased effectiveness and reduced cost. Pectin has found major application in dairy industry, as well as for strengthening the gelling capacity of low-calorie jams. Food stabilizers are majorly used in dairy product market in order to increase the shelf life and stability followed by confectionary and bakery.
The food stabilizer market is led by Europe with 38% share in the global market. The increasing consumer preference for chemical ingredients is driving growth for food stabilizers in North America; while Asia-Pacific is anticipated to witness highest growth rate during the forecast period, owing to increasing demand for developing economies with rising population, changing life styles and investments from multi-national industries. The food stabilizer market in other regions, such as South America and Africa are also anticipated to flourish with improved economic stability and increasing demand for packaged food products.
- July 2016: Premium Ingredients has launched two new stabilizers for analogue pizza cheese, namely Premitex® XLK-15043 for analogue cheese and Premitex® XLK-15067 for making vegan high quality cheese without animal protein
- December 2015: DuPont announced the launch of new stabilizer technology for ready-to-serve fruit drinks in South Asia market
ajor Players - Archer Daniels Midland Company, Cargill, Ashland Inc., Kerry Group PLC, Tate & Lyle plc, Glanbia Nutritionals and E.I, Nexira, Palsgaard A/S, Advanced Food Systems Inc., Chemelco International BV, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come.
- Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs
1.1 Key Deliverables of the study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach & Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modeling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Increasing Demand for Convenience Foods and Organic Foods
3.1.2 Rising Preference for Specialized and Customized Blends
3.1.3 Influence of Westernization and Rising Disposable Income
3.2.1 Increasing Preference towards Fresh Food
3.2.2 Stringent Government Regulations on Usage and Quantity
3.3.1 Development of Innovative and Multi - Functional Food Stabilizers
3.4 Porter's Five Forces Analyses
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Type
4.2 By Application
4.2.3 Dairy Products
4.2.5 Jams and Jellies
4.2.6 Other Packaged Food
4.3 By Geography
4.3.1 North America
220.127.116.11 Rest of North America
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
4.3.4 South America
126.96.36.199 Rest of South America
188.8.131.52 South Africa
184.108.40.206 Rest of Africa
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Market Share Analysis
5.2 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
5.3 Strategies Adopted by Major Players
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Cargill, Inc.
6.3 Tate & Lyle plc.
6.4 Ash land
6.5 Kerry Group plc.
6.6 Ingredion Incorporated
6.8 Palsgaard A/S
6.9 Advanced Food Systems Inc.
6.10 Archer Daniels Midland Company
6.11 Chemelco International BV