Commercial Aircraft FADEC Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Fastest Growing Market||North America|
|Largest Market||Asia Pacific|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Commercial Aircraft FADEC Market Analysis
The commercial aircraft FADEC market was valued at USD 53.43 million in 2023 and is projected to reach USD 66.65 million by 2028 at a CAGR of 4.52% during the forecast period.
- The market is driven by the increased focus on fuel efficiency and emission reduction regulations that have been imposed on a global scale. The market for commercial aircraft FADEC systems is also driven by the demand for new-generation aircraft in the commercial aviation industry. Increasing adoption rates of new technologies that enhance the engine's performance by offering better fuel efficiencies and engine health monitoring and providing protection against engine failures in out-of-tolerance operations are generating demand to produce new FADEC systems.
- The advancements in FADEC technology also play a crucial role in enhancing aircraft performance and safety, further propelling the market growth. On the other hand, economic uncertainties, supply chain disruptions, and stringent regulatory requirements serve as restraints, influencing the market's path to recovery and expansion.
Commercial Aircraft FADEC Market Trends
The Turbofan Segment to Experience the Highest Growth During the Forecast Period
- Currently, the turbofan segment of the market accounts for the highest share, and it is expected to record the highest CAGR during the forecast period. This is mainly due to the increasing turbofan aircraft procurements by airlines, as they offer high efficiencies over long distances at high speeds.
- Turbofan engines are widely used in modern commercial aircraft due to their fuel efficiency and low noise levels. As airlines prioritize fuel savings and environmental sustainability, there will be greater demand for advanced FADEC systems to optimize turbofan engine performance. The increasing air travel, along with the need for fuel-efficient aircraft by airlines, is also expected to drive down the demand for this segment during the forecast period.
- For instance, in February 2022, Airbus and CFM International, a 50/50 joint venture between GE and Safran Aircraft Engines, signed a collaboration agreement to work together on a hydrogen demonstration program that will launch in the middle of this decade. The program's goal is to test a hydrogen-fueled direct-combustion engine in the air and on the ground in order to have a zero-emission aircraft in service by 2035. A380 flying testbed equipped with liquid hydrogen tanks that were made at Airbus sites in France and Germany will be used for the demonstration. Additionally, Airbus will specify the specifications for the hydrogen propulsion system, manage flight testing, and supply the A380 as a platform for the hydrogen combustion engine test throughout the cruise phase.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific is Expected to Experience the Highest Growth During the Forecast Period
- Asia-Pacific is anticipated to record the highest growth during the forecast period. The growth in the commercial aircraft FADEC market in this region is propelled by the fast-growing aviation industry in China and India. The growth can be attributed to other factors, such as the region's robust economic expansion, increasing air travel demand, rising disposable incomes, the ongoing development and modernization of airports, and the procurement of new aircraft by airlines.
- Additionally, countries like Indonesia, South Korea, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Australia, and Vietnam, are propelling this growth due to the ongoing investments in the aviation industry by public and private companies and the growth of tourism in this region. Moreover, the ever-growing commercial aviation is propelling the growth of the market in this region. For instance, according to Airbus, the Asia-Pacific area will need 17,620 new passenger and freighter aircraft over the next 20 years due to a 5.3% annual growth in passenger traffic and the faster retirement of older, less fuel-efficient aircraft. These will replace older, less fuel-efficient cars by about 30%. China, India, and rising economies like Vietnam and Indonesia will be the main drivers of growth in the Asia-Pacific region, which is home to 55% of the world's population. By 2040, GDP will have doubled in size, growing at a rate of 3.6% annually compared to the 2.5% global average. The middle class, which is more likely to travel, will grow by 1.1 billion to 3.2 billion, and the likelihood that people will travel is predicted to nearly double. Similarly, in May 2023, Air India placed orders for 70 widebody aircraft, including 20 787 Dreamliners and 10 777Xs from Boeing, as well as 34 A350-1000s and six A350-900s from Airbus. Additionally, it has 190 Boeing 737 MAX narrowbody aircraft, 140 Airbus A320neo, 70 Airbus A321neo, and 70 Airbus A321neo. Boeing announced in a separate statement that the airline has also secured options to purchase an additional 70 aircraft from the US aircraft manufacturer, including 50 737 MAXs and 20 787 Dreamliners, making this Boeing's largest order in South Asia.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Commercial Aircraft FADEC Industry Overview
The commercial aircraft FADEC market is highly consolidated, with most of the shares held by FADEC International. Some of the other prominent players in the market are Honeywell International Inc., RTX Corporation, and Silver Atena GmbH. FADEC International is a joint venture between BAE Systems plc and Safran, which currently provides FADEC systems to the A320, A330, A380, B737 MAX, COMAC C919, and B777X aircraft. The company recently broadened its agreement with GE Aviation to develop, produce, and support FADEC systems for future GE Aviation engines, including LEAP, Passport, GE9X, and ATP engines. With such developments and partnerships with MRO services, FADEC International is continuing its domination over the market.
For instance, FADEC Alliance, a joint venture that includes GE, BAE Systems, and Safran Electronics & Defense (Safran), will design and develop the electronic control system architecture for the CFM International (CFM) Revolutionary Innovation for Sustainable Engines (RISE) demonstrator engine program. As part of the advanced technology program, FADEC Alliance supports the maturation of new technologies for future engines to reduce fuel consumption and emissions.
Commercial Aircraft FADEC Market Leaders
Honeywell International Inc.
Silver Atena GmbH
Triumph Group, Inc.
BAE Systems plc
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Commercial Aircraft FADEC Market News
December 2022: As part of a six-year project run by ONERA under the EU's Clean Sky 2 initiative, engineers from various European aerospace research institutes and firms designed and constructed the first iteration of a test aircraft named the Scaled Flight Demonstrator (SFD) to demonstrate advancements in aircraft control systems. The Scaled Flight Demonstrator (SFD) aircraft was outfitted with sensors and instruments that could track 150 different aspects of its movement and condition while in flight. The SFD took six years to create and has a USD 2.1 million insurance policy.
April 2022: The French manufacturer Daher unveiled the most recent iteration of their TBM line of single turboprops. The 960 is powered by a single Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6E-66XT turboprop, as well as a five-blade Hartzell propeller, a "fully digital e-throttle," and a "digitally controlled cabin." The PT6E is connected to the Hartzell via a "dual-channel digital engine and propeller electronic control system." According to the airframer, the aircraft has a new Garmin GWX 8000 weather radar and G3000 avionics. European Union Aviation Safety Agency approval for Daher's 960 is already in place.
Commercial Aircraft FADEC Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Engine Type
5.2.1 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
126.96.36.199 South Korea
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.2.4 Latin America
184.108.40.206 Rest of Latin America
5.2.5 Middle East & Africa
220.127.116.11 United Arab Emirates
18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
22.214.171.124 South Africa
126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Market Share Analysis
6.2 Company Profiles
6.2.1 BAE Systems plc
6.2.2 Honeywell International Inc.
6.2.3 Silver Atena GmbH
6.2.5 Triumph Group, Inc.
6.2.6 Electronic Concepts & Engineering, Inc.
6.2.7 Continental Aerospace Technologies, Inc.
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Commercial Aircraft FADEC Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Commercial Aircraft FADEC Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Commercial Aircraft FADEC Market?
The Commercial Aircraft FADEC Market is growing at a CAGR of 4.52% over the next 5 years.
What is Commercial Aircraft FADEC Market size in 2018?
The Commercial Aircraft FADEC Market is valued at 53 Million USD in 2018.
What is Commercial Aircraft FADEC Market size in 2028?
The Commercial Aircraft FADEC Market is valued at 66 Million USD in 2028.
Which region has highest growth rate in Commercial Aircraft FADEC Market?
North America is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in Commercial Aircraft FADEC Market?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2022.
Who are the key players in Commercial Aircraft FADEC Market?
Honeywell International Inc., Silver Atena GmbH , Triumph Group, Inc., BAE Systems plc, Safran are the major companies operating in Commercial Aircraft FADEC Market.
Commercial Aircraft Fadec Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Commercial Aircraft FADEC market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Commercial Aircraft FADEC analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2023 to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.