The adoption of advanced driver assistance systems coupled and the increasing levels of electrification in vehicles are transforming the dashboard of both passenger and commercial vehicles. The role of infotainment systems will become primary for the smooth operation of the vehicle and ensuring safety, security and comfort of the passenger. With the evolution of technology, dashboards will undergo significant changes in the near future provisioning an enormous scope for market expansion. Digitization of dashboard has emerged as one of the significant trend in the market as these systems give greater control over the vehicle to the passenger, making it an attractive feature. The trends in the automotive industry such as the connected vehicles, autonomous vehicles and electric vehicles will shift the focus of automakers to interiors for product differentiation to attract customers.
Increasing Vehicle Sales coupled with Adoption of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems is driving the Automotive Dashboard Market
Infotainment systems will play a major role in advanced automobiles such as connected cars and autonomous vehicles for navigation, connectivity, safety and comfort. The market for infotainment systems will be further strengthened by investment being made by automakers and tech companies. For example, Samsung Electronics co, ltd. has announced a strategic partnership with TTTech and has promised to invest around USD 90 million for the development of autonomous and ADAS technologies in which the primary components will be infotainment systems. Dashboards are expected to play a vital role in connected cars such navigation, driving assist systems and autonomous emergency braking systems.
Digital Dashboards will be Limited to Premium and Luxury Vehicles
Digital dashboards demand will be largely dependent on sales of premium and luxury vehicles as these new products are expected to be pricey and hence inclusion of these systems in vehicles other premium and luxury variants is not financially feasible. This is expected to be a major restraining factor as most of the price sensitive customers in high growth region such as Asia-Pacific do not prefer expensive vehicles.
Major Players: Johnson Controls, Faurecia, Visteon Corporation, ABB, and Toyoda Gosei Co., Ltd amongst others.
Key Developments in the Market:
- February 2018: Samsung Electronics has launched its digital cockpit for connected cars in collaboration with HARMAN. The platform combines 5G and IoT technology to enhance safety, comfort and improve connectivity between vehicles and other technologies.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Provides latest insights into the Global Automotive Dashboard Market.
- Gives a detailed analysis of the competitive landscape in the automotive dashboard market.
- Analyzes the market scenario with the help of Porter’s Five Forces Analysis.
- Forecasts the market value by assessing the impact of the market drivers and constraints.
- Answers questions like
- How the increasing penetration of electronics in automotive change the automotive dashboard market?
- How are new technologies such as connected cars and autonomous cars going to transform the automotive dashboard market?
- 3-months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate Sheet in excel.
Customization and Benefits:
This report can be customized to meet the desired requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Scope of the Market
1.2 Executive Summary
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1 Study Deliverables
2.2 Study Assumptions
2.3 Research Methodology
3. MARKET OVERVIEW
3.1 Current Market Scenario
3.2 Technology Trends
3.3 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.3.5 Competitive Rivalry Within the Industry
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Advancements in the Technologies
4.1.2 Other Drivers
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION AND ANALYSIS (MARKET SIZE, GROWTH, AND FORECAST)
5.1 By Type
5.1.1 LCD Dashboard
5.1.2 Conventional Dashboard
5.2 By Vehicle Type
5.2.1 Passenger Cars
5.2.2 Commercial Vehicles
5.3 By Sales Channel
6. REGIONAL MARKET ANALYSIS (MARKET SIZE, GROWTH, AND FORECAST)
6.1 North America
6.1.1 United States
6.1.4 Rest of North America
6.2.2 United Kingdom
6.2.6 Rest of Europe
6.3.5 South Korea
6.3.7 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.4 South America
6.4.3 Rest of South America
6.5 Middle East and Africa
6.5.1 Saudi Arabia
6.5.3 South Africa
6.5.5 Rest of Middle East and Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.2 Market Share Analysis
8. COMPANY PROFILES (OVERVIEW, FINANCIALS**, PRODUCTS & SERVICES, SWOT ANALYSIS, AND RECENT DEVELOPMENTS)
8.1 ABB Group
8.2 Visteon Corporation
8.4 Johnson Controls International Plc
8.5 Huayu Automotive Systems Co., Ltd.
8.6 Hainan Drinda Automotive Trim Co., Ltd
8.8 Dongfeng Electronic
8.9 Toyoda Gosei
*List No Exhaustive
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
** Subject to Availability on Public Domain