Webcams Market Size
|2019 - 2029
|Market Size (2024)
|USD 9.17 Billion
|Market Size (2029)
|USD 13.32 Billion
|CAGR (2024 - 2029)
|Fastest Growing Market
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Webcams Market Analysis
The Webcams Market size is estimated at USD 9.17 billion in 2024, and is expected to reach USD 13.32 billion by 2029, growing at a CAGR of 7.75% during the forecast period (2024-2029).
The webcams industry is gaining prominence owing to the growing adoption of web cameras in security and surveillance, entertainment, video conferences, visual marketing, and live events.
- In the business sector, webcams are the most valuable business communication tools. Demand for webcams will rise during the projected period due to increased tendencies toward virtual office communication among professionals. The increasing use of webcams in the health industry for video conferencing and remote patient monitoring will likely drive market expansion.
- COVID-19 pushed most companies across the globe towards the hybrid work and work-from-home models. This WFH is now leveraged into a hybrid work culture after the pandemic, mandating the use of a webcam for daily meetings and activities. Furthermore, with the increased emphasis on remote working and hybrid work models post-COVID, the corporate environment is seeing a surge in demand for webcams. Video conferencing became the new norm for conducting business and client meetings. Webcam manufacturers are developing cameras with cutting-edge technology and features in response to changing client expectations and enhanced internet access.
- Additionally, the growing demand for surveillance systems for security and safety purposes and rising demand for automated guided vehicles (AGVs) and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) across industrial and private sectors worldwide are the principal factors expected to drive the growth of the webcams market over the forecast period. Also, owing to several characteristics offered by webcams, such as vision control, command direction process, and decreased overheads, the webcam market is anticipated to grow.
- According to Guru99, the US and European markets account for 70% of the world's e-learning services users. 63% of students in the United States use online learning resources daily. A blended learning model was implemented by 21% of colleges. Online training is used by 50% of K-12 instructors. The usage of webcams might observe significant growth over some time.
- Internet speed directly affects the quality of images and videos recorded and streamed. Minimum internet speed is needed to avoid video distortion. Deployment of webcams is expected to witness slow growth in remote or distant locations and regions with weak internet connectivity, as fluctuations in internet speed act as restraints to market growth.
- Some known manufacturers are adding USB streaming support to their DSLR and mirrorless cameras, giving tough competition to the webcam companies. Cannon and Fujifilm include apps that let users use their cameras as webcams over USB. Canon's app works for Mac and Windows, while Fujifilm's is Windows-only. Canon developed new software, the EOS Webcam Utility, which turns Canon EOS SLR, mirrorless camera, or PowerShot compact into a USB webcam.
Webcams Market Trends
External Webcam Expected to Gain Considerable Significance
- External cameras usually offer higher resolutions and sharper images, videos, and audio because they include more room for lenses and other components. A high-end external webcam will better meet customers' needs than a basic inside webcam if sound and image quality are important. The user can anticipate finding more expensive external cameras with extras like numerous microphones, wide-angle lenses, and sophisticated auto-focus features that aren't normally seen in integrated devices.
- The external webcams segment witnessed considerable growth in commercial applications for video-conferencing, e-learning, security, traffic management, and healthcare systems. The rise in demand for real-time monitoring devices in home, office, and logistical security settings, combined with video conferencing, is one of the major factors driving the webcams market. These external webcam cameras are additionally employed as momentary surveillance tools to record vandalism, antisocial conduct, and fly-tipping.
- The market is also impacted by government agencies' growing usage of surveillance technology. As part of their efforts to go digital, they use these devices. Many governments are implementing surveillance systems to safeguard important infrastructure and public areas. The webcam market is also aided by growing urbanization, changing lifestyles, increased investments, and rising consumer spending.
- For instance, in September 2023, Logitech introduced two new product lines, Brio 105, a 1080p webcam and M240 a compact silent mouse with enterprise-level security for business. This webcam makes easy and affordable to deploy a webcam for every employee for the meetings. It works with leading video calling platforms they use every day and is certified for Google Meet and Works with Chromebook.
- Further, considerable advances in external webcams are finding increasing demand from a new class of consumers, such as online streaming vendors and video bloggers (vloggers). In the current market scenario, several external webcams are purpose-built for vlogging and streaming activities, with several optimizations regarding low light visibility, resolution, and autofocus characteristics.
North America Holds a Substantial Market Share
- North America stands to be one of the highest revenue-generating regions due to the growing online learning and distance education activities. A US study by Distance for Education found that students who are more comfortable with technology and the online interface of the learning management system are more likely to be motivated, satisfied with the course, and learn more.
- According to We Are Social, around 311 million people in the United States accessed the Internet in January 2023, making it one of the largest online markets in the world. In recent years, the digital population in the United States steadily expanded. One of the most common explanations is the increasing availability of broadband internet. Therefore, in the coming future, the demand for webcams is expected to grow.
- The US businesses host more than 11 million video conferencing meetings daily, while 54% of the workforce in the United States take part in video conferences frequently. Furthermore, businesses in the United States hold approximately 55 million video conferences weekly. With such high usage of virtual meetings daily, the demand for webcams rises significantly, and the players are focused on innovating solutions and collaborations for more comfort and convenience. The demand for webcams is expected to rise.
- The demand for web cameras is continuously building in the region owing to an ease in selecting new technology that improves security and surveillance events, video conferencing at work, K-12 education, and visual marketing. Deployment of the product in multiple industries is supposed to witness the growth of the webcam market.
- After the 9/11 attack in the US, the demand for tracking real-time movements and surveillance grew and became compulsory. Considering North America's banking and finance sector, the induction of webcams on the premises for security objectives to control the records and documents became an essential part of surveillance.
Webcams Industry Overview
The Webcam market is highly competitive and consists of several major players. In terms of market share, few of the major players currently dominate the market. These major players with a prominent market share are focusing on expanding their customer base across foreign countries. These companies are leveraging strategic collaborative initiatives to increase their market share and profitability.
- June 2023: Sky introduced a new camera to enhance its smart TVs' social, health, and gaming capabilities. Sky Live camera magnetically attaches to the top of Sky Glass smart TVs and connects through USB-C and HDMI. It allows you to watch TV with other families simultaneously, makes video chats using Zoom, tracks home exercises, and includes Kinect-style motion-controlled games.
- September 2022: Insta360 released the Insta360 Link, an AI-powered 4K webcam. Insta360 Link provides a potent combination of superior image quality and a seamless user experience for business executives, educators, and live streamers. Link's 4K resolution and an industry-leading 1/2" sensor give life-like image clarity, detail, and a wide dynamic range in every lighting scenario. The webcam can always keep the user in the frame and respond to gesture commands thanks to a 3-axis gimbal and built-in AI algorithms.
Webcams Market Leaders
Logitech International S.A.
Lenovo Group Limited
Creative Technology Ltd
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Webcams Market News
- June 2023: BenQ introduced two new webcams for professionals seeking high-quality video conferencing solutions: the Ideacam S1 Pro and Ideacam S1 Plus. These cameras include numerous shooting modes and an 8MP Sony CMOS sensor. The Ideacam S1 series boasts a resolution of up to 3264x2448 p and a 15X macro lens that can zoom in on any surface or material to provide detailed photos.
- April 2023: Microsoft announced that it will no longer manufacture mice, keyboards, and webcams under the Microsoft brand, instead it will develop surface-branded PC accessories, which include mice, keyboards, pens, and more. With this move, the company is focusing on its Windows PC portfolio under the surface brand.
Webcams Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Assessment of Impact of Covid-19 on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Growing Penetration of Teleconferencing and Virtual Meetings
5.1.2 Steep Decline in Average Selling Price of Webcams
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Poor Internet Penetration in Developing Countries
5.2.2 Increasing Cases of Webcam Hacking (Privacy Concerns)
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Webcam Type
6.1.1 External Webcam
6.1.2 Embedded Webcam
6.2 By Geography
6.2.1 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
6.2.3 Asia Pacific
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia Pacific
6.2.4 Latin America
6.2.5 Middle East and Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Logitech International S.A.
7.1.2 Microsoft Corporation
7.1.3 Lenovo Group Limited
7.1.4 Razer Inc.
7.1.5 Creative Technology Ltd.
7.1.6 Ausdom Global
7.1.7 Vivitar Corporation
7.1.8 Shenzhen Teng Wei Video Technology Co. Ltd.
7.1.9 A4Tech Co. Ltd.
7.1.10 KYE Systems Corp. (Genius)
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OUTLOOK OF THE MARKET
Webcams Market Research FAQs
How big is the Webcams Market?
The Webcams Market size is expected to reach USD 9.17 billion in 2024 and grow at a CAGR of 7.75% to reach USD 13.32 billion by 2029.
What is the current Webcams Market size?
In 2024, the Webcams Market size is expected to reach USD 9.17 billion.
Who are the key players in Webcams Market?
Logitech International S.A., Microsoft Corporation, Lenovo Group Limited, Razer Inc. and Creative Technology Ltd are the major companies operating in the Webcams Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Webcams Market?
Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2024-2029).
Which region has the biggest share in Webcams Market?
In 2024, the North America accounts for the largest market share in Webcams Market.
What years does this Webcams Market cover, and what was the market size in 2023?
In 2023, the Webcams Market size was estimated at USD 8.46 billion. The report covers the Webcams Market historical market size for years: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the Webcams Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029.
Webcam Industry Report
Statistics for the 2024 Webcam market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Webcam analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2029 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.