Webcams Market Snapshot
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||Asia Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Webcams Market is expected to register a CAGR of 8.7% over the forecast period (2022 - 2027). The webcam industry has been getting prominence owing to the growing adoption of web cameras in security and surveillance, entertainment, video conferences, visual marketing, and live events, among others.
- Growing demand for surveillance systems for security and safety purposes, rising demand for automated guided vehicles (AGVs) and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) across industrial and private sectors globally, are the principal factors expected to drive the growth of the global webcams market over the forecast period. Also, owing to several characteristics offered by webcams such as vision control, command direction process, and decreased overheads, the webcam market is anticipated to grow.
- According to Guru99, the US and European markets account for 70% of the world's e-learning services market's users. 63% of students in the United States use online learning resources on a daily basis. A blended learning model was implemented by 21% of colleges. Online training is used by 50% of K-12 instructors. The usage of the webcams might observe significant growth over a period of time.
- In June 2021, following Windows 11, Microsoft revealed the operating system's minimal hardware requirements, including features like 4GB of RAM, a 64-bit processor, and an HD display. However, one need is particularly intriguing, even though it has not yet been implemented. Starting 2023, Microsoft will require all Windows 11 PCs, except desktops, to include a front-facing webcam.
- Vendors are involved in product innovations, helping them remain competitive in the market. For instance, in June 2021, PAPALOOK, a webcam expert, announced the release of the PA930 live streaming camera, the newest affordable choice in PAPALOOK's studio-grade webcam family, which is packed with all the capabilities that streamers, gamers, and office workers adore. PA930 is a plug-and-play webcam with 2K resolution, High-Dynamic Range (HDR) image, and noise-reduction built-in Dual Omni-Directional Mics.
- Some of the known manufacturers are adding USB streaming support to their DSLR and mirrorless cameras, giving tough competition to the webcam companies. For instance, In May 2022, i-PRO, in collaboration with its regional distributor Panasonic in the Middle East and Africa, announced the addition of the world's most intelligent 360° fisheye cameras with inbuilt AI capabilities to its S-Series portfolio. These new S-Series cameras are the first to support up to three deep learning applications, setting a new milestone in the conventional security camera range.
- Cannon and Fujifilm also have apps that let the user use their cameras as webcams over USB. Canon’s app works for both Mac and Windows, while Fujifilm’s is Windows-only. Canon developed new software, the EOS Webcam Utility, which turns Canon EOS SLR, mirrorless camera, or PowerShot compact into a USB webcam.
- Internet speed directly affects the quality of images and videos recorded and streamed. Minimum internet speed is needed to avoid video distortion. Deployment of webcams is expected to witness slow growth in remote or distant locations and regions with weak internet connectivity, as fluctuations in internet speed act as restraints to market growth.
- The COVID-19 pandemic led to the closure of schools, compelling educators and students to adjust to the new ways of teaching, learning, and engaging. Even after the post-pandemic situation, many colleges, schools, and institutes continue with online classes by leveraging it into hybrid-mode classes that necessitate webcams. Also, COVID-19 forces every firm across the globe to allow their employees to do work from home. And this WFH has now been leveraged into a hybrid work culture after the pandemic, mandating using a webcam for daily meetings and activities.
Scope of the Report
The scope of the study focuses on the market analysis of webcam sales across the globe, and market sizing encompasses the revenue generated by the Webcam Type sold by various market players. The study also tracks the key market parameters, underlying growth influencers, and major vendors operating in the industry, which supports the market estimations and growth rates over the forecast period. The study further analyzes the overall impact of COVID-19 on the ecosystem. The report's scope encompasses market sizing and forecast for segmentation by Webcam Type and geography.
|By Webcam Type|
|Middle East and Africa|
Key Market Trends
External Webcams Expected to Gain Considerable Significance
- The external webcams segment has been witnessing considerable growth in commercial applications for video-conferencing purposes, e-Learning, security, traffic management, and healthcare systems.
- For instance, In September 2022, Logitech introduced two new product lines, Brio 500 cameras and Zone Vibe headphones, to satisfy the changing needs of hybrid employees. Brio 500 series (Brio 500 and Brio 505) is a new webcam class that solves the most frequent video conferencing difficulties. It was designed for customers who desire enterprise-grade audio and visual quality, personalization, and more engaging experiences in video conversations.
- Further, considerable advances in the external webcams are finding increasing demand form a new class of consumers, such as online streaming vendors and video bloggers (vloggers). In the current market scenario, there are several external webcams that are purpose-built for vlogging and streaming activities, with several optimizations in terms of low light visibility, resolution, and autofocus characteristics.
- Vendors are involved in product innovations, which is helping them remain competitive in the market. For instance, In September 2022, Insta360 released the Insta360 Link, an AI-powered 4K webcam. Insta360 Link provides a potent combination of superior image quality and a seamless user experience for business executives, educators, and live streamers. Link's 4K resolution and an industry-leading 1/2" sensor give life-like image clarity, detail, and a wide dynamic range in every lighting scenario. The webcam can always keep the user in the frame and respond to gesture commands thanks to a 3-axis gimbal and built-in AI algorithms. With modes such as DeskView and others, Insta360 Link is equipped for any type of remote work.
- Some of the key players in the market are updating their existing products withh new features, which increases its capability to sustain in the market. For instance, In September 2022, Dell added a new webcam and hybrid work peripheral to its lineup. The new Dell Pro Webcam (model WB5023) follows in the footsteps of the Dell UltraSharp 4K Webcam from last year, with a small, barrel-shaped design and intelligent cropping algorithms to keep the client-centered in the frame. Instead of 4K resolution, the Pro Webcam records and broadcasts at up to QHD 2560 x 1440.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America Holds a Substantial Market Share
- North America stands to be one of the highest revenue-generating regions due to the growing online learning and distance education activities. A recent US study by Distance for Education found that students who are more comfortable with technology and the online interface of the learning management system are more likely to be motivated, satisfied with the course, and learn more.
- There were 298.8 million internet users in the United States in January 2021. The number of internet users in the nation increased by 11 million (+3.7%) between 2020 and 2021, and internet penetration stood at 90.0% in January 2021.
- The US businesses host more than 11 million video conferencing meetings a day, while 54% of the workforce in the United States take part in video conferences frequently. Furthermore, businesses in the United States hold approximately 55 million video conferences on average each week.
- With such high usage of virtual meetings daily, the demand for webcams rises significantly, and the players are focused on innovating solutions and collabrations for more comfort and convenience.
- For instance, In April 2021, Cisco, a US-based networking hardware firm that makes webcams, and NEC Corporation, a Japan-based information technology, and electronics corporation, strengthened their relationship by signing a Global System Integrator Agreement to speed the global implementation of the revolutionary 5G IP transport network solutions. This collaboration across the network solution ecosystem will boost and sustain the companies' success in satisfying diverse customer requirements.
- Moreover, In March 2022, The Surface Hub 2 Smart Camera1, unveiled by Microsoft, promises to bring remote participants into the meeting like never before. Clients will be able to view their colleagues interacting with content on the screen with everyone else in the room - fluidly and at the same time - regardless of where they are located.
- The demand for web cameras is continuously building in the region owing to an ease in the selection of new technology that improves the security and surveillance events, video conferencing at work, K-12 education, and visual marketing. Deployment of the product in multiple industries is supposed to witness the growth of the webcams market.
- After the 9/11 attack in the U.S., the demand for tracking real-time movements and surveillance has grown and has become compulsory. Considering the banking and finance sector in North America, the induction of webcams on the premises for security objectives to control the records and documents has become an essential part of surveillance.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Webcams Market is highly competitive and consists of several major players. In terms of market share, few of the major players currently dominate the market. These major players with a prominent share in the market are focusing on expanding their customer base across foreign countries. These companies are leveraging strategic collaborative initiatives to increase their market share and increase their profitability.
- January 2022 - Canon U.S.A., Inc., a significant provider of digital imaging solutions, unveils an outstanding collaborative work tool in development, AMLOS (Activate My Line of Sight), a hybrid meeting software solution that can harness the power of Canon's image processing technology and is being built to assist create an immersive hybrid work experience.
- September 2021 - D-Link, a significant pioneer in security and surveillance technologies, has announced the addition of the 2K QHD Pan & Zoom Outdoor Wi-Fi Camera to its line of mydlink smart cameras. The company's newest surveillance camera, which is packed with Artificial Intelligence (AI), takes footage in real-time with exceptional resolution and 360-degree coverage, all of which can be centrally monitored with the mydlink app from anywhere, at any time.
- September 2022 - Canon Canada has introduced the CR-N700i, a 4K 60P 4:2:2 10-bit PTZ camera with a 1.0-inch Type CMOS Sensor and 12G-SDI interface ideal for professional broadcast, studio, and live event productions.
- August 2022 - Hikvision has announced the launch of its new AI-powered webcam. This camera inherits features from Hikvision's previous Live Series devices, including ultra-high 2K resolution, precise autofocus, and a built-in microphone. The business created this new series with AI-powered features to improve human portrait imaging, bringing out more natural looks while keeping users in the appropriate area in the picture.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Growing Penetration of Teleconferencing and Virtual Meetings
4.2.2 Steep Decline in Average Selling Price of Webcams
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Poor Internet Penetration in Developing Countries
4.3.2 Increasing Cases of Webcam Hacking (Privacy Concerns)
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Assessment of Impact of Covid-19 on the Market
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Webcam Type
5.1.1 External Webcam
5.1.2 Embedded Webcam
5.2.1 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
5.2.3 Asia Pacific
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia Pacific
5.2.4 Latin America
5.2.5 Middle East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Logitech International S.A.
6.1.2 Microsoft Corporation
6.1.3 Lenovo Group Limited
6.1.4 Razer Inc.
6.1.5 Creative Technology Ltd.
6.1.6 Ausdom Global
6.1.7 Vivitar Corporation
6.1.8 Shenzhen Teng Wei Video Technology Co. Ltd.
6.1.9 A4Tech Co. Ltd.
6.1.10 KYE Systems Corp. (Genius)
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Webcams Market market is studied from 2020 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Webcams Market?
The Webcams Market is growing at a CAGR of 9% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Webcams Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Webcams Market?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Webcams Market?
Logitech International S.A., Microsoft Corporation, Lenovo Group Limited, Razer Inc., Creative Technology Ltd are the major companies operating in Webcams Market.