US Organic Skin Care Industry Overview
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
US Organic Skin Care Market Analysis
The United States organic skin care market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 3.22% over the next five years.
- With the increasing demand for organic ingredients and increasing awareness about the harmful effects of chemicals and synthetic products, consumers across the country are inclined toward organic personal care products, including skincare products. Some people have sensitive skin, and they cannot tolerate the constant use of synthetic skin care products on a daily basis. Increasing concerns regarding the adverse effects of chemicals on the skin, such as skin irritation, dryness, and dullness, have been the key factors fueling the market growth for organic skin care products in the United States.
- Furthermore, skin-related problems are increasing in the country due to environmental conditions, leading consumers to use skin care products like serums, moisturizers, and face creams daily. According to US Census Bureau data from 2021, the United States has about 50.3 million females population between the ages of 40-64. Because of this, demand for organic anti-aging creams is also increasing in the region.
- Additionally, the demand for face and sheet masks is gaining popularity among consumers as they are easy to use, disposable, and effective. Market players have been innovating facemasks with different ingredients and more hydrating power. For instance, in October 2022, SolaWave, a United States-based skincare brand, launched a new hydrating sheet mask. The mask is made from vegan sources and biodegradable paper that fits on your face perfectly. Due to an increase in pollution problems, a rise in disposable income, and industrialization, the market is expected to grow over the medium term.
US Organic Skin Care Industry Segments
Organic skin care products are made with ingredients that are grown without chemicals or pesticides. The United States organic skin care market is segmented by product type and distribution channel. Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into face care and body care products. Based on facial care, the market is segmented into cleansers, moisturizers and oils/serums, face masks and packs, and other facial care products. Based on body care, the market is segmented into body lotions, body wash, and other body care products. Based on distribution, the market is segmented into supermarkets/hypermarkets, specialty retail stores, online retail stores, and other distribution channels. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done based on value (in USD Million).
|Specialty Retail Stores|
|Online Retail Stores|
|Other Distribution Channels|
US Organic Skin Care Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the US Organic Skin Care Market according to our research experts:
Clean Beauty - A Skin Care Revolution
- With the ongoing clean beauty revolution in the country, the demand for natural extracts in skin care products is increasing. There has been significant growth for organic beauty and personal products among consumers across the country in the past few years due to rising awareness of the benefits of beauty and personal care products made from botanical extracts over their counterparts.
- Organic beauty products perfectly align with the ongoing sustainable and clean-labeled trend among consumers. This has forced domestic and global manufacturers to launch new products and focus on R&D.
- As a result, in recent years, the organic and natural beauty personal care industry has become an essential part of the cosmetic and health sector. In June 2021, SO'BiO étic, a French natural beauty care company, launched its organic beauty product line in the United States in response to the demand for natural and organic products in the United States. The products include hydrating day cream for a zero-defect mission, organic brightening moisturizing cream to plump up your skin, tone-correcting serum to correct skin texture, organic cleansing foam to clean your delicate skin, and many more.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Cleanser holds a Prominent Share
- Organic cleansers use the most potent herbs, clays, and fruit and vegetable extracts to deeply cleanse, heal, and nourish the skin without harsh chemicals. Natural cleansers are proving to be just as effective; some work better than their traditional chemical or synthetic skincare counterparts.
- These products are specifically launched for dry, sensitive, acne-prone, aging, oily, or normal skin. Companies are now developing an organic face wash for each type of skin concern, which boosts the sales of facial care products, including cleansers in the market studied.
- In September 2022, clinically proven, dermatologically tested brand Derma E launched its vitamin C, hydrating, and anti-wrinkle lines natural face care products at Walmart stores.
US Organic Skin Care Market Competitor Analysis
The United States organic skin care market is highly competitive and comprises regional and international competitors. An advanced distribution network gives an upper edge to the manufacturers to expand their range of products across the country. Moreover, it is crucial for players to continuously innovate to operate and grow in the market due to the rapidly changing consumer demands and preferences. Some of the major players in the market studied are L'Oréal S.A., Johnson & Johnson (Neutrogena), Starflower Essentials Organic Skin Care, and Botanic Organic LLC, among others.
US Organic Skin Care Market Top Players
Johnson & Johnson (Neutrogena)
Starflower Essentials Organic Skin Care
Botanic Organic LLC
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
US Organic Skin Care Market Recent Developments
- November 2022: Eminence Organic Skin Care launched cleansers for every skin type. charcoal exfoliating gel cleanser and stone crop cleansing oil were introduced for oily skin. Eminence also introduced products for sensitive and dry skin.
- January 2022: Filipina-owned natural beauty brand Pilli Ani, known for its facial oils and moisturizing creams, expanded its portfolio in the United States with the launch of a gentle facial cleanser and purifying toner.
- January 2021: Renee Cosmetics launched premium face oils. The product is FDA- approved and claims to be cruelty-free, paraben-free, and organic. The face oil includes natural oils like rosehip, cucumber, and sweet orange peel that help combat signs of aging and stress.
US Organic Skin Care Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definitions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Degree Of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Product Type
5.1.1 Facial Care
126.96.36.199 Cleansers (including Exfoliators/Facial Scrubs)
188.8.131.52 Moisturizers and Oils/Serums
184.108.40.206 Face Masks and Packs
220.127.116.11 Other Facial Care Products
5.1.2 Body Care
18.104.22.168 Body Lotions
22.214.171.124 Body Wash
126.96.36.199 Other Body Care Products
5.2 Distribution Channel
5.2.2 Specialty Retail Stores
5.2.3 Online Retail Stores
5.2.4 Other Distribution Channels
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Market Share Analysis
6.2 Strategies Adopted by Key Players
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 L'Oreal SA
6.3.2 The Hain Celestial Group (Avalon Natural Products, Inc)
6.3.3 Johnson & Johnson (Neutrogena)
6.3.4 Starflower Essentials Organic Skin Care
6.3.5 Thesis Beauty
6.3.6 Eminence Organic Skin Care
6.3.7 Botanic Organic LLC
6.3.8 Phyt's USA
6.3.9 Sierra Sage Herbs (Green Goo)
6.3.10 Derma E
6.3.11 Pilli Ani
6.3.12 Renee Cosmetics
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
US Organic Skin Care Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The United States Organic Skin Care Market market is studied from 2017 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of United States Organic Skin Care Market ?
The United States Organic Skin Care Market is growing at a CAGR of 3.22% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in United States Organic Skin Care Market ?
L'Oréal SA, Johnson & Johnson (Neutrogena), Starflower Essentials Organic Skin Care, Thesis Beauty , Botanic Organic LLC are the major companies operating in United States Organic Skin Care Market .
United States Organic Skin Care Industry Reports
In-depth industry statistics and market share insights of the United States Organic Skin Care Market sector for 2020, 2021, and 2022. The United States Organic Skin Care Market research report provides a comprehensive outlook of the market size and an industry growth forecast for 2023 to 2028. Available to download is a free sample file of the United States Organic Skin Care Market report PDF.