The United States form the largest market for engineering plastics in North America, accounting for an estimated share of over 80% in 2015, with an envisaged CAGR of about 6% between 2015 and 2020. Styrene copolymers (ABS & SAN) constitute the largest segment while, consumer goods & appliances feature as the largest application area for engineering plastics in the region. In terms of growth, however, demand for engineering plastics in the United States is expected to be fastest for automotive & transportation applications.
Engineering plastics typically possess superior properties, such as high dimensional stability, enhanced resistance to heat and chemicals and greater mechanical strength. Since each category of engineering plastics offers unique properties, their application in the range of end-use industries has been growing significantly. Increased demand for light-weight, flexibility and durability of the materials have enabled the penetration of engineering plastics into sectors that were hitherto, unexplored or not thought viable, including automotive & transportation, building & construction, consumer goods & appliances, electrical & electronics and industrial machinery and packaging, among others. In these industries, engineering plastics are being increasingly utilized as substitutes for conventional materials, such as metal and wood.
Companies have been engaged in extensive research and development activities focused on developing improved grades of engineering plastics, which is anticipated to increase the scope of their utilization to a greater extent. Innovation in products has become the standard strategy adopted by major players in this sector, who are also engaging in mergers and acquisitions, collaborations and expansions into unexplored markets.
What the Report Offers:
1) A key insight into the market size, share and forecast for engineering plastics
2) Product Analysis by Fluoropolymers (PTFE & Others), Polyacetal/Polyoxymethylene, Polyamides, Polycarbonates, Polymethyl Methacrylate (PMMA), Polyphenylene Oxide (PPO/PPE Blends), Polyphenylene Sulfide (PPS), Styrene Copolymers (ABS & SAN), Thermoplastic Polyesters (PET & PBT) and other engineering plastics
3) Application analysis by Automotive & Transportation, Building & Construction, Consumer Goods & Appliances, Electrical & Electronics, Industrial & Machinery, Packaging and other applications
4) Factors instrumental in changing market scenarios and prospective opportunities
5) Extensively researched competitive landscape section
Reasons for Buying this Report:
1) It helps in gaining an exhaustive understanding of the worldwide engineering plastics market
2) This report will be of assistance in providing a comprehensive analysis of the major trends and associated prospects for market growth over the coming half a decade
3) It is an ideal opportunity for industry consultants, engineering plastic producers and other interested and allied parties to gain a critical insight into the factors driving and restraining the market, in addition to opportunities offered
4) The wide-ranging information provided about the leading market players and the major strategies adopted by them is also provided in this highly resourceful report.