US Automotive Collision Avoidance Systems Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Forecast Data Period||2023 - 2028|
|Historical Data Period||2018 - 2021|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
US Automotive Collision Avoidance Systems Market Analysis
The United States automotive collision avoidance systems market size is expected to grow from USD 14.22 billion in 2023 to USD 18.37 billion by 2028, at a CAGR of 5.26% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- COVID-19 had a mild impact on the market. The automotive industry as a whole was severely impacted by the pandemic. However, the technology involved in developing the collision avoidance system could be built remotely, so it was not affected by the pandemic as much. The hardware setup and installation that needed to be performed on the cars, however, were hindered due to the stringent social distancing norms and lockdown restrictions all over the world.
- Post-pandemic, with an expected increase in demand and preference for individual mobility over public or common transport, vehicle sales were expected to increase. This was indirectly projected to increase the demand for collision avoidance systems and help in the growth of the industry.
- Many technology companies in the market are teaming up to solve the complexities of developing advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS). For instance, in August 2020, Veoneer Inc. and Qualcomm Technologies Inc. announced that they were collaborating to deliver scalable advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and collaborative and autonomous driving (AD) solutions.
- Tesla is already offering all its cars with automatic emergency breaking (AEB) features as standard. Other automakers like Daimler, BMW, and Ford are expected to provide AEB in all their upcoming models. Tesla cars are equipped with all the necessary hardware to achieve full autonomy.
- In October 2020, the self-driving car company Waymo in Phoenix, Arizona, announced that its autonomous vehicles are available for taxi service. The service is only available in a limited area because of the relatively permissive Arizona and cars' requirement for a detailed three-dimensional map. The service was shut down due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but now the company aims to increase availability in the coming years.
US Automotive Collision Avoidance Systems Market Trends
Warning Function Dominating the Market
- The warning function type system of the collision avoidance system has been consistently on top of usage in the United States since 2018, and it is expected to continue the same trend. The warning function type system is closely followed by the adaptive function type system.
- The blind-spot warning system detects and warns the drivers if they are unable to see alongside their vehicles. It has provided an impressive 23% decrease in lane-change collisions with injuries.
- Advanced forward-collision warning systems with automatic emergency braking systems (AEBS) can automatically stop a vehicle from forward collision or at least reduce collision impact force at high speeds. Forward collision warning with auto-emergency braking has provided a 20% reduction in front-to-rear crashes with injuries.
- With the advancement in technology and technological advancements in the advanced driver-assistance system (ADAS) segment, adaptive cruise control is expected to become more popular, as adaptive cruise control (ACC) will be an important and mandatory feature for autonomous vehicle technology in the future.
- The ACC is designed to help vehicles maintain a safe following distance and stay within the speed limit. This system adjusts a car's speed automatically, so drivers do not have to. Several premium car original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) include adaptive cruise control features in their latest models as a basic and mandatory feature, while other OEMs offer this feature as an optional feature at an additional cost.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
California Ranks First Among Other States in the US Market
- California is leading the market share as an individual state. Top-selling vehicles in California are Honda Civic, Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, Tesla Model 3, and Ford F Series. These models are either equipped with mandatory or optional collision avoidance systems.
- The state is also home to the luxury car market, which is expected to increase the demand for automotive collision avoidance systems. In September 2012, California became the third state to allow self-driving cars to operate on state roads. This has led to many companies investing in the development of safety technologies for autonomous driving.
- Texas is home to one of the largest original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) in the world, General Motors and Toyota. Texas is one of the nine states to allow autonomous driving. The state is also home to collision avoidance systems manufacturers like Continental AG and others, which is a major factor contributing to the market growth during the forecast period.
- Florida ranks second in the sale of luxury cars across the United States, which is expected to help the market growth as most of the luxury cars come with advanced collision avoidance systems. The state has passed a law that allows autonomous cars to operate on state roads, thus opening the market for autonomous vehicle manufacturers.
- In 2017, New York legalized testing autonomous vehicles, but only two companies, namely Audi and Cadillac, tested their AVs. Audi drove about 170 miles around Albany, while Cadillac tested its cars on a drive from New York City to New Jersey. The state recorded the third-highest sales of luxury cars. Mercedes-Benz S class was the most sold car in the New York state. This car features a lane assist, an automated emergency braking system, an active body control system, a hands-on steering wheel sensor, and night vision.
- In 2018, Ohio legalized autonomous vehicles. To attract AV researchers, developers, and manufacturers, the government created DriveOhio, a new division of the state Department of Transportation, which allows any company to test.
- In December 2020, with the increasing government emphasis and support, Waymo announced that it would be building a testing center in Ohio to test its next-generation autonomous cars and trucks. With government initiatives and companies setting up their testing facilities, the state is expected to witness a high growth rate during the forecasted period.
US Automotive Collision Avoidance Systems Industry Overview
The US automotive collision avoidance systems market is dominated by major players like Robert Bosch, Continental, ZF Friedrichshafen AG, and Mobileye. These companies combined account for the majority of the market share in the country.
In August 2020, Verizon announced its partnership with HERE Technologies to develop technologies for vehicle and pedestrian safety using high-definition mapping. By creating a vehicle-to-network (V2N) equipped with technology for high location accuracy, the system can precisely identify any obstacles and relay the data through the communication channel developed by Verizon.
US Automotive Collision Avoidance Systems Market Leaders
ZF Friedrichshafen AG
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
US Automotive Collision Avoidance Systems Market News
June 2020: Continental AG invested USD 120 million to establish a new ADAS system manufacturing plant in Texas. In September 2020, it collaborated with AEye to enhance its LiDAR technology-based product range.
November 2020: Robert Bosch GmbH joined forces with Hunter Engineering to offer advanced driver assistance systems in North America.
January 2021: Denso Corporation partnered with Aeva, a US-based LiDAR and perception systems company, to develop cutting-edge sensing and perception systems.
US Automotive Collision Avoidance Systems Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.1.1 Warning Function Dominating the Market
4.2 Market Restraints
4.2.1 Disturbances in Supply Chain due to Chip Shortage
4.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Function Type
5.2 Technology Type
5.3 Vehicle type
5.3.1 Passenger Cars
5.3.2 Commercial Vehicles
5.4.4 New York
5.4.6 Rest of the United States
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Vendor Market Share
6.2 Company Profiles*
6.2.1 Continental AG
6.2.2 Delphi Automotive (APTIV PLC)
6.2.3 Denso Corporation
6.2.4 Infineon Technologies
6.2.5 Panasonic Corporation
6.2.6 Robert Bosch GmbH
6.2.7 ZF Group
6.2.8 Autoliv Inc.
6.2.10 WABCO Vehicle Control Services
6.2.11 Magna International
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
US Automotive Collision Avoidance Systems Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The United States Automotive Collision Avoidance Systems Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of United States Automotive Collision Avoidance Systems Market?
The United States Automotive Collision Avoidance Systems Market is growing at a CAGR of 5.26% over the next 5 years.
What is United States Automotive Collision Avoidance Systems Market size in 2018?
The United States Automotive Collision Avoidance Systems Market is valued at 8 Billion USD in 2018.
What is United States Automotive Collision Avoidance Systems Market size in 2028?
The United States Automotive Collision Avoidance Systems Market is valued at 14 Billion USD in 2028.
Who are the key players in United States Automotive Collision Avoidance Systems Market?
Continental AG, Robert Bosch, ZF Friedrichshafen AG, Mobileye, Denso are the major companies operating in United States Automotive Collision Avoidance Systems Market.
United States Automotive Collision Avoidance Systems Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 United States Automotive Collision Avoidance Systems market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. United States Automotive Collision Avoidance Systems analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.