UK Skincare Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Market Size (2023)||USD 4.04 Billion|
|Market Size (2028)||USD 4.55 Billion|
|CAGR (2023 - 2028)||2.41 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
UK Skincare Market Analysis
The United Kingdom Skincare Market size is expected to grow from USD 4.04 billion in 2023 to USD 4.55 billion by 2028, at a CAGR of 2.41% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- The United Kingdom's skincare market is driven by consumers' inclination toward the consumption of premium skincare products. Consumers in the country are opting for the use of skincare products like moisturizers, cleansers, serums, and other products due to increasing skin problems.
- Young consumers in the country are using organic skincare products. Owing to this, the market players in the country are launching new and innovative products to cater to consumer demand. For instance, in April 2023, Unilever brand Dove reformulated a body wash with plant-based ingredients and a hypoallergic variant.
- Additionally, due to rising disposable income and an increasing working population of women, the demand for skincare products with UV protection and dust protection is increasing. Due to increasing pollution, skin problems like premature aging, blemishes, skin rashes, and many more are increasing. Owing to this, the demand for anti-aging creams is increasing. The market players are launching new anti-aging creams to cater to consumer demand.
- For instance, in September 2022, The Body Shop reformulated anti-aging skin care products with natural peptides and defense mechanisms. Over the medium term, the demand for skincare products is expected to increase owing to the increasing demand for natural and organic skincare products in the country.
UK Skincare Market Trends
Emerging Organic Skin Care Products Market
- The rising popularity of products containing natural ingredients like plant extracts and herbs, aromatherapies, and fruit extracts in the country, is driving the adoption of organic and natural personal care products. Thus, augmenting the skin care products market in the country. The market witnessed the growing popularity of premium skincare brands.
- With changing environment and increasing problems like UV rays and pollution, the demand for skin protection products is increasing in the country. Female consumers are opting for the use of organic and vegan skincare products like anti-aging creams, serums, moisturizers, and many more.
- Owing to this, the market players are expanding their product reach. For instance, in November 2021, Forest Essentials, an Indian skincare brand, launched its products on a London-based website, lookfantastic.com. The brand provides more than 600 premium beauty and skincare products.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Increasing Demand for Premium Skincare Products
- Due to rising disposable income and an increasing working population, consumer spending on premium beauty and personal care products is increasing. The female population in the country is opting for the use of anti-aging, sun protection moisturizers, and other products to keep their skin young and glowing for a longer time.
- The market players are also inventing products with high-quality ingredients like hyaluronic acid and collagen in them to remove wrinkles and fine lines on the skin. Furthermore, prominent brands have taken an array of measures to develop their online presence, such as introducing apps, redesigning sites, advertising, and introducing offers to attract customer attention.
- In April 2023, the No 7 brand launched a premium range of anti-aging skincare products that reduce skin damage in very few weeks. Over the medium term, the demand for premium skincare products is expected to increase owing to the increasing demand for high-quality products in the market.
UK Skincare Industry Overview
The United Kingdom Skincare market is consolidated, with some regional and global players dominating the market. The key players in the market include Clarins, Allergan (SkinMedica), L'Oréal S.A., Unilever Plc, and Procter & Gamble Company. The market players are innovating new and organic products due to increasing consumer consciousness and their demand for clean-label ingredients products.
The key players are adopting strategies like mergers, expansions, and many more to cater to market demand for premium skincare products.
For instance, in June 2021, Unilever Plc acquired skincare brand Paula's Choice. The brand produces premium skincare products and sells them on an e-commerce platform.
UK Skincare Market Leaders
Procter & Gamble Company
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
UK Skincare Market News
- February 2023: A United Kingdom brand Faace launched 'Stress Facce,' a moisturizer for stressed skin. The product is made with plant-based ingredients and essential oils. The moisturizer reduces the stress on the skin and soothes the skin.
- January 2022: Cult Beauty launched its brand Necessaire in the United Kingdom. The brand provides a wide range of body care products, including body wash, body lotion, body serums, and many more.
- December 2021: New skincare brand Cellular Goods launched in the United Kingdom. The brand provides unisex beauty and skincare products like moisturizers, face serums, and many more. The products are formulated using non-psychoactive cannabinoids that help in skin protection and balance.
UK Skincare Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definitions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.1.1 Increasing Demand for Organic Skincare Products
4.1.2 Growing Demand for Anti-Aging and Anti-Pollution Ranges
4.2 Market Restraints
4.2.1 Allergies and Side Effects of Synthetic Products
4.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Facial Care
126.96.36.199 Moisturizers, Creams, and Lotions
188.8.131.52 Serums and Essence
184.108.40.206 Face Masks and Packs
220.127.116.11 Other Facial Care Products
5.1.2 Lip Care
5.1.3 Body Care
18.104.22.168 Body Wash
22.214.171.124 Body Lotions
5.2.1 Premium Skincare Products
5.2.2 Mass Skincare Products
5.3 Distribution Channel
5.3.1 Specialist Retail Stores
5.3.3 Convenience Stores
5.3.4 Pharmacies/Drug Stores
5.3.5 Online Retail Channels
5.3.6 Other Distribution Channels
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Market Share Analysis
6.2 Most Adopted Strategies
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.2 Unilever Plc
6.3.3 Allergan (SkinMedica)
6.3.4 L'Oreal S.A.
6.3.5 Procter & Gamble Company
6.3.6 Environ Skin Care (Pty) Ltd.
6.3.7 PCA Skin
6.3.9 The Estee Lauder Companies Inc.
6.3.10 Cult Beauty
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
UK Skincare Market Research FAQs
What is the current United Kingdom Skincare Market size?
The United Kingdom Skincare Market is projected to register a CAGR of 2.41% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Who are the key players in United Kingdom Skincare Market?
Clarins, Allergan (SkinMedica), L'Oréal S.A., Unilever Plc and Procter & Gamble Company are the major companies operating in the United Kingdom Skincare Market.
UK Skincare Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 UK Skincare market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. UK Skincare analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2023 to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.