Water & Wastewater Valves Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Market Size (2023)||USD 7.20 Billion|
|Market Size (2028)||USD 8.74 Billion|
|CAGR (2023 - 2028)||3.94 %|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia-Pacific|
|Largest Market||Europe, Middle East, and Africa|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Water & Wastewater Valves Market Analysis
The Global Valves Market in Water and Wastewater Industry is estimated at USD 7.20 billion in 2023, and is expected to reach USD 8.74 billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 3.94% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
The growth in the Global Valves Market in Water and Wastewater Industry is attributed to the increasing automation in the water and wastewater industry. Moreover, the increasing adoption of 3D printing for valve manufacturing is further pushing the demand for Laser Transmitters globally.
- Valve are designed to ensure purity, reduce clogging, and increase reliability. The growth of 3D printing for valve manufacturing is one of the critical trends for water valves market. Manufacturers are focusing on 3D printing as it has the potential to modify the design of the product.
- The emergence of 3D printing technology is encouraging the manufacturers to design products that act as a finished product. This technology offers several benefits such as high attention to detail, time-saving process, assembly of parts, and trials. Moreover, the manufacturers using this technology reduce their cost of production. Consequently, the increasing automation coupled with 3D printing for valve manufacturing is driving the valves market growth in water and wastewater industry.
- Furthermore, with the emergence of smart devices and sensors, the option of cutting down on maintenance services has become a possibility for end-users. For instance, the emergence of maintenance-free valves. The maintenance-free valves have the built-in capability of preventive maintenance, which reduces the need for corrective maintenance services.
- Further, the COVID-19 pandemic has largely impacted the water, energy, ecology, and food industries. Labour shortfall, budget constraint, and supply chain problems have all hampered service the manufacturing and supply chain of the vales in the market globally.
- However, with the increasing technological innovation and advancement in the market the need to further optimize the performance of vales has been driving the Global Valves Market in Water and Wastewater Industry. Further, the need for enabling values for a wider range of applications in the downstream market has also contributed to the growth of the Global Valves Market in Water and Wastewater Industry.
Water & Wastewater Valves Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Water & Wastewater Valves Market according to our research experts:
Increasing Automation in the Water and Wastewater Industry
- The major aim of wastewater treatment is to remove as much of the suspended solids as possible before the remaining water, called effluent, is discharged back into the environment.
- According to estimates from the United States Environmental Protection Agency (US EPA), roughly 23,000 to 75,000 sanitary sewer overflows happen each year. Rising automation in the water and wastewater industry is one of the major factors driving the global valve market in the water and wastewater industry.
- The necessity to increase the efficiency of various processes and enhance productivity has led to automation in the water and wastewater industry. The increasing automation in the water and wastewater industry presents a perfect opportunity for the growth of the market.
- For instance, in October 2021, Schneider Electric, launched version 21.2 of EcoStruxure Automation Expert, for enhancing the capabilities of the world's first software-centric universal automation system. The new release would be focusing on future-proofing water and wastewater (WWW) plant operations.
- The automated control valves require minimum operator interference. Various benefits of automated control valves included enhanced safety of employees and pipelines, reduced manual interference, and reduced cost of water wastage in the water and wastewater treatment facilities.
- Moreover, an increase in the volume of wastewater treated daily by water utility companies such as Yorkshire Water, Anglian Water, Wessex Water, and Southern Water, among others in the United Kingdom is also expected to increase the demand for vales in the water and wastewater industry.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) region is expected to hold the largest market share
- The EU's water policy over the past 30 years is focused on the protection of water resources. The EU's water policy aims at ensuring that good quality water, in sufficient quantity, is available for all legitimate uses. The vast pipeline network and the widespread water treatment industry in EMEA is a key reasons for the high requirement for valves in the region.
- The UN-Water aims to improve water quality by eliminating dumping, reducing pollution, minimizing the release of hazardous chemicals and materials, halving the proportion of untreated wastewater, and substantially increasing recycling and safe reuse globally by 2030. Such initiative by the organizations led to the increased applications of values in the Water and Wastewater Industry.
- Similarly, about USD 80 billion of water and wastewater projects are currently planned or in work-in-progress across the GCC region. Such initiatives by the governments are supporting large-scale strategic investment programs to expand wastewater and sewage treatment capacity, increase water production and storage capacity, and modernize dilapidated water transmission and distribution networks in the GCC regions.
- For instance, in September 2021, the Bahr-Al-Baqar wastewater treatment plant project was launched in Egypt. The Bahr Al-Baqar wastewater treatment plant is the largest-of-its-kind in the world and wold be having a production capacity of approximately 5.6 million cubic meters of water per day.
- Such initiatives by the companies and governments are promoting the adoption of vales along with contrbuting to the growth of the Global Valves Market in Water and Wastewater Industry. Similarly, with the increasing number of wastewater treatment plants in the region is expected to increase the demand for valves market in waste and wastewater industry.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Water & Wastewater Valves Industry Overview
The Global Valves Market in Water and Wastewater Industry is highly competitive with the presence of diverse firms of different sizes. This market is anticipated to encounter a number of partnerships, mergers, and acquisitions as organizations continue to invest strategically in offsetting the present slowdowns that they are experiencing. The market comprises key solutions and service providers, such as Emerson Electric Co., Schlumberger Limited, Alfa Laval Corporate AB, Flowserve Corporation, and Crane Co., among others.
- May 2022 - Flowserve Corporation was awarded a contract to provide control and ball valves to OMV's chemical recycling demonstration plant in the city of Schwechat, Austria. The OMV demonstration plant would be deploying Flowserve's patented ReOil technology to convert plastic waste into synthetic feedstock. The initiative would be supporting Flowserve's aim to support its customers in driving decarbonization along with supporting its growth strategy.
Water & Wastewater Valves Market Leaders
Emerson Electric Co.
Alfa Laval Corporate AB
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Water & Wastewater Valves Market News
- March 2022 - Flowserve Corporation entered into a non-exclusive partnership agreement with Gradiant to accelerate its growth in the water technology market. The partnership would be combining Flowserve's flow control solutions and product with Gradiant's innovative tailored water treatment technology to provide unparalleled total water treatment solutions for its customers.
- March 2022 - DXP Enterprises, Inc. completed the acquisitions of Drydon Equipment, Inc., a distributor and manufacturer representative of pumps, valves, controls, and process equipment focused on serving the water and wastewater industry, and Burglingame Engineers, a provider of water and wastewater equipment in the industrial and municipal sectors. With the acquisition, DXP Enterprises would be strengthening its position in the water and wastewater treatment markets along with enhancing its product portfolio.
Water & Wastewater Valves Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHT
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3.5 Threat of Substitutes
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Introduction to Market Dynamics
5.2 Market Drivers
5.2.1 Rising automation in the water and wastewater industry
5.2.2 Proactive defect detection with the use of simulation software
5.3 Market Challenges
5.3.1 Stringent Government Regulations
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Type
6.1.6 Other Types
6.2 By Region
6.2.1 North America
6.2.4 Latin America
6.2.5 Middle East and Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Emerson Electric Co.
7.1.2 Schlumberger Limited
7.1.3 Alfa Laval Corporate AB
7.1.4 Flowserve Corporation
7.1.5 Crane Co.
7.1.6 Rotork Plc
7.1.7 Metso Oyj
7.1.8 KITZ Corporation
7.1.9 IMI Critical Engineering
7.1.10 Samson Controls Inc.
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OUTLOOK AND OPPURTUNITIES OF THE MARKET
Water & Wastewater Valves Market Research FAQs
How big is the Global Valves Market in Water and Wastewater Industry?
The Global Valves Market in Water and Wastewater Industry size is expected to reach USD 7.20 billion in 2023 and grow at a CAGR of 3.94% to reach USD 8.74 billion by 2028.
What is the current Global Valves Market in Water and Wastewater Industry size?
In 2023, the Global Valves Market in Water and Wastewater Industry size is expected to reach USD 7.20 billion.
Who are the key players in Global Valves Market in Water and Wastewater Industry?
Emerson Electric Co., Schlumberger Limited, Alfa Laval Corporate AB, Flowserve Corporation and Crane Holdings are the major companies operating in the Global Valves Market in Water and Wastewater Industry.
Which is the fastest growing region in Global Valves Market in Water and Wastewater Industry?
Asia-Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2028).
Which region has the biggest share in Global Valves Market in Water and Wastewater Industry?
In 2023, the Europe, Middle East, and Africa accounts for the largest market share in the Global Valves Market in Water and Wastewater Industry.
Global Valves in Water and Wastewater Industry Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Global Valves in Water and Wastewater Industry market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Global Valves in Water and Wastewater Industry analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.