|Study Period:||2016 - 2026|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||Asia Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The non-woven fabric market was valued at USD 43,883 million in 2020, and the market is expected to register a CAGR of more than 6% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
The outbreak of COVID-19 resulted in the shutdown of businesses and manufacturing facilities, resulting in no economic activity. As the governments are planning to provide economic packages for SMEs and other benefits, consumers worldwide are now focussing on essential commodities and personal protective equipment. Hence, the negative impact of COVID-19 is expected to be minimal to the growth of the non-woven fabric market.
- Over the short term, the growing application base in the healthcare and personal care industry, along with increasing demand for electric vehicles, is expected to drive the market studied.
- The spun-bond segment dominated the market by technology, and it is also likely to witness the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
- Asia-Pacific dominated the market across the world, where the demand for non-woven fabric is majorly driven by the increasing application and demand from industries, such as construction, healthcare, etc.
Scope of the Report
Non-woven fabrics are broadly defined as sheet or web structures bonded together by entangling fiber or filaments mechanically, thermally, or chemically. They are flat, porous sheets made directly from separate fibers or molten plastic or plastic film. The non-woven fabric market is segmented by technology, material, end-user industry, and region. The non-woven fabric market is segmented by technology into spun-bond, wet-laid, dry-laid, and other technologies. The non-woven fabric market is segmented by material that contains polyester, polypropylene, polyethylene, rayon, and other materials. By end-user industry, the market is segmented into construction, textiles, healthcare, automotive, and other end-user industries. The report also covers the market size and forecasts for the non-woven fabric market in 15 countries across major regions. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done on the basis of value (USD million).
|Other End-user Industries|
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand from the Healthcare Industry
- Nonwoven fabric is used to make various products in the healthcare industry, such as surgical gowns, aprons, drapes, face mask components, and wound dressings. They are also used in hygiene products, such as sanitary towels, sanitary napkins, tampons, baby diapers, and napkin liners.
- The demand for new and better-performing products is propelling the nonwoven industry. There is a significant demand for nonwoven fabric from the healthcare industry. Increasing surgeries and the construction of new medical facilities are the primary driving forces for this market.
- Additionally, owing to the COVID-19 outbreak, there has been an astronomical increase in the demand for nonwoven face masks to prevent the spreading of the virus. This has resulted in an increase in demand for nonwoven fabrics across the world at an exponential rate.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to witness a significant increase in hygiene products, over the forecast period, due to the increasing adoption of female hygiene products in countries like India and China.
- In India, according to BCH (Indian nonwovens industry association), the market penetration rate of a sanitary napkin has increased by 18% from 2014. It is currently estimated that over ~60% of Indian women do not use sanitary care products. This is majorly due to the high amount of population residing in rural areas. With the increase in the penetration rate of sanitary care products, owing to the increasing hygiene precautions, the market for nonwovens in the country is expected to rapidly increase.
- In China, the market for feminine products and baby diapers has been growing at a rapid rate, owing to the increase in hygiene-related concerns. The leading diaper manufacturers in the country include Quanzhou Diaborn Hygiene Products Co. Ltd, Chiaus, BBG Sanitary Commodity Limited, AAB China Co. Ltd, InSoft, Yamaza, and Baron China Co. Ltd.
- Other factors, like population growth, increasing aging population, and the COVID-19 outbreak across the world, are driving the demand for nonwoven fabrics in the healthcare industry.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific is expected to be the largest consumer globally, owing to the commissioning of additional capacities, as well as an increase in the production of non-woven fabric in the region.
- In terms of consumption and production of non-woven fabric, China held the largest share globally.
- The textile industry in China is booming, with increasing investments and government support from the 13th Five Year Plan. Textile and apparel makers in the country are going through painful industrial restructuring. While the country, with enormous production capacity, is still the world's largest clothing exporter, oversupply at home, high labor costs, and rising global protectionism have all eroded its competitiveness.
- The Chinese government is planning Xinjiang as the hotbed for textile and apparel manufacturing, and it has invested USD 8 billion. China's northwest region is expected to become the country's largest textile production base by 2030.
- As the construction industry is dominated by state-owned and private enterprises, increased government and private spending, in this regard, is pushing the industry to the peak position in the world. The housing authorities of Hong Kong have launched several measures to push-start the construction of low-cost housing in the country.
- Moreover, healthcare has become one of India’s largest sectors. The country’s healthcare spending as a percentage of GDP is growing rapidly, owing to the government’s focus on improving healthcare. India is also one of the famous destinations of medical tourism owing to its cheap and quality healthcare, and it is also experiencing high growth.
- All the aforementioned factors, in turn, are projected to increase market at high rates in the Asia-Pacific region, owing to the rapid growth of end-user industries.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The market studied is fragmented, comprising several large and small players; the top six players accounted for over 22% of the global market. The market is extremely competitive, with various leading manufacturers engaging in strategic partnerships to expand their market share. Major players in the market include Berry Global Inc., Freudenberg Group, Ahlstrom-Munksjö, KCWW, and DuPont, among others.
- In February 2020, Fitesa acquired the South American Hygiene non-woven business of Freudenberg. This acquisition increases Fitesa’s production facility count to 16 globally and four within South America.
- In September 2019, Freudenberg announced the acquisition of Low & Bonar. The company received phase one clearance for approval under the EU Merger Regulation (EUMR) from the European Commission in April 2020.
- In July 2019, Berry Global Inc. announced the completion of its acquisition of RPC group PLC for a purchase price of approximately USD 6.5 billion. This acquisition will allow the company to serve its customers in key geographic regions.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Applications in the Healthcare Industry
4.1.2 Increasing Demand for Electric Vehicles
4.2.1 Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.5 Technological Snapshot
4.6 Regulatory Policy Analysis
4.7 Patent Analysis
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.4 Other Technologies
5.2.5 Other Materials
5.3 End-user Industry
5.3.5 Other End-user Industries
126.96.36.199 South Korea
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.2 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
5.4.4 South America
22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
188.8.131.52 South Africa
184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 Autotech Nonwovens Pvt. Ltd
6.4.3 Berry Global Inc.
6.4.4 Cygnus Group
6.4.6 Eximius Incorporation
6.4.8 Freudenberg Performance Materials
6.4.10 Global Nonwovens
6.4.11 Johns Manville
6.4.12 KCWW (Kimberly-Clark Corporation)
6.4.13 Paramount Tech Fab Industries
6.4.14 PFNonwovens Czech SRO
6.4.15 Suominen Corporation
6.4.16 Toray Industries Inc.
6.4.17 TWE Group
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Increasing Construction Activities in the Asia-Pacific Region and United States
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Non-woven Fabric Market market is studied from 2016 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Non-woven Fabric Market?
The Non-woven Fabric Market is growing at a CAGR of >6% over the next 5 years.
What is Non-woven Fabric Market size in 2016?
The Non-woven Fabric Market is valued at 43883 Million USD in 2016.
Which region has highest growth rate in Non-woven Fabric Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Non-woven Fabric Market?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Non-woven Fabric Market?
Berry Global Inc., Freudenberg Group, KCWW, DuPont, Ahlstrom-Munksjö are the major companies operating in Non-woven Fabric Market.