Date Industry Overview
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||Middle-East and Africa|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Date Market Analysis
The date market is projected to register a CAGR of 5.1% over the forecast period.
- Dates are one of the oldest fruits cultured in the Arabian region, followed by the Middle East. The emerging trend of healthy snacking is increasing the consumption of dates in other parts of the world. They contain anti-inflammatory and vital nutrients and a large amount of crude fiber.
- The consumption of dates worldwide increased with the rising awareness about their health benefits and demand from the processing industries, which are expected to drive the market’s growth over the study period. Fresh dates offer a variety of health benefits. They are a good source of vitamins and minerals such as calcium, iron, phosphorus, sodium, potassium, magnesium, and zinc. They also contribute fiber to the diet and help prevent abdominal cancer. Hence, the increased awareness of the health benefits of date consumption boosted their imports worldwide.
- Moreover, government initiatives to meet the international demands for dates also increased. For instance, in 2022, Saudi Arabia launched a digital initiative to encourage dates globally. The National Center for Palms and Date officially launched the Saudi dates innovative platform, a convenient and efficient business-to-business electronic market buyers from anywhere in the world can buy dates in bulk from sellers in the Kingdom.
- However, factors such as stringent regulations, risk of pests and diseases, and political uncertainties in the Middle Eastern regionare expected to restrain the market’s growth during the forecast period.
Date Industry Segments
Dates are fruits from the date palm tree, which grows in many tropical regions. Dates have a long shelf life and may be eaten fresh or dried. There are hundreds of date varieties in the market. The market analyzes the production (volume), consumption (value and volume), and trade in terms of import (value and volume), export (value and volume), and price trend analysis across the world. The market is segmented by geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa. The report offers the market size and forecasts in terms of volume in metric ton and value in USD thousand for all the above segments.
|By Geography (Production Analysis by Volume, Consumption Analysis by Volume and Value, Import Market Analysis by Volume and Value, Export Market Analysis by Volume and Value, and Price Trend Analysis)|
Date Market Trends
Rising Awareness of Health Benefits of Dates is Driving the Market
Dates have an excellent nutrition profile. They are a rich source of vitamins and minerals, including iron, potassium, vitamin B, copper, magnesium, and fiber. Dates are also a good source of antioxidants, mainly carotenoids and phenolics. Dates are a popular food across the Middle East. They are a sign of hospitability, served in greeting and post-meal.
Further, with the emerging trend of healthy snacking, consumption is rising in other parts of the world. According to a database published by the ITC Trade map, India was the most extensive dates importing country in the year 2021, with an import volume of 475 thousand metric ton and USD 240,350 thousand in terms of import value. Trinidad and Tobago ranked second in date imports with an import of about 177 thousand metric ton. Indonesia is another major importer of dates in the Asia-Pacific region.
Furthermore, consumption is rising in European countries, including France, Germany, the United Kingdom, and the Netherlands. European consumers are searching for healthier alternatives to snacks between meals or snacks that can replace meals. Younger consumers are switching from sweets such as candies and chocolate snacks to low-sugar options. Thus, considering these factors, the date market is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Middle East and Africa Dominate the Market
Middle East and Africa are the largest markets for dates globally. Tunisia, Iran, Israel, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Iraq, and Egypt dominate the Middle East and North African (MENA) region based on the volume of dates consumption and production. Saudi Arabia is the global leader in date production. There is great potential for increasing production area under date palms to fulfill local dates demand and produce date fruits for export. This will likely drive date market growth in the coming year.
Dates are collected for their sweetness and remain a staple food for thousands of years worldwide, particularly in the Middle East and African regions. Date fruit is unique in Islamic countries. Dates are traditionally served at iftar tables to break the fast during the holy month of Ramadan. They are also served at greetings, funerals, and post-meals. The demand for dates peaks during the holy season of Ramadan, resulting in high imports.
The popularity of festivals is boosting the intake of fruits even more. The Al Qassim date festival is celebrated annually in the Al Qassim region of Saudi Arabia, where approximately 300,000 metric ton of dates are sold. The growing popularity of this festival and heritage activities attracts tourists from neighboring countries, leading to increased date consumption. Factors that make date fruit so crucial in the desert environment are that they are easily digested, allowing the body to use its nutrients fully. Dates are known to be high in calcium, and a single serving can provide around 20% of the dietary fiber needs. These are available throughout the year in Saudi and are often used to make smoothies. Therefore, these factors fuel the market during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Date Market Recent Developments
- October 2022: Morocco aims to double its dates production by 2030 to reach 300,000 tons per year, against 149,000 tons in 2021, according to data from the Ministry of Agriculture, Maritime Fisheries, Rural Development and Water and Forests. This goal will be achieved through the implementation of the new strategy Generation Green 2020-2030 for the development of the sector of date palm aims to continue the rehabilitation of the traditional palm grove and the extension of plantations outside the palm grove.
- April 2022: The National Center for Palms and Dates has officially launched the “Saudidates” platform, an innovative, convenient and efficient business-to-business electronic market where buyers across the globe can buy dates in bulk from sellers in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Date Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.4 Value Chain Analysis
4.4.1 Value Chain Overview
4.4.2 Price Markups in the Value Chain
4.4.3 Stakeholders in the Value Chain
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Geography (Production Analysis by Volume, Consumption Analysis by Volume and Value, Import Market Analysis by Volume and Value, Export Market Analysis by Volume and Value, and Price Trend Analysis)
5.1.1 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
5.1.4 South America
5.1.5 Middle East and Africa
126.96.36.199 Unites Arab Emirates
188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
6. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Date Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Date Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Date Market?
The Date Market is growing at a CAGR of 5.1% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Date Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Date Market?
Middle-East and Africa holds highest share in 2021.
Date Industry Reports
In-depth industry statistics and market share insights of the Date sector for 2020, 2021, and 2022. The Date research report provides a comprehensive outlook of the market size and an industry growth forecast for 2023 to 2028. Available to download is a free sample file of the Date report PDF.