2016 - 2026
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Global Textile Chemicals Market was valued at USD 24,308.38 million in 2020 and the market is projected to register a CAGR of around 4% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
The COVID-19 has a huge impact on the apparel industry globally, due to the lockdown in various countries thus impacting the textile chemicals industry. The global textile and apparel industry is hugely dependent on China as a manufacturing base, where the novel COVID-19 first struck, and the subsequent spread of the virus to other countries. This has led to store closures and dwindling demand for textiles, which had an overall impact on the industry. The viability of textiles, clothing, leather, and footwear industries is unraveling, as workers are instructed to stay at home, factories been close, and global supply chains grind to a halt. The cancellation of orders has hit thousands of firms and millions of workers very hard. Moreover, with the focus shifting toward health, hygiene, and essential supplies, the fashion and textile industries are on a pause mode. There have been fewer to none walk-ins at stores, and online orders too have slowed down, all of which have affected the apparel industry at present. Additionally, the home textile sector is widely considered a luxury sector and is sensitive to economic cycles. This crisis has left a serious impact on the demand for such products, especially in the mid, high, and premium segments. Even after the situation expected to recover, the industry may take some time to recover in the coming years. This may further impact the demand for textile chemicals at a significant pace.
- One of the major factors driving the market studied is the robust growth of the apparel market in developing economies.
- However, pollution problems caused by the textile dyeing and finishing industry are likely to restrain the market.
- Asia-Pacific is likely to dominate the market during the forecast period.
Scope of the Report
Textiles require a range of treatment processes before reaching the end user. Textile chemicals are specialty chemicals used during dyeing and processing of textiles to impart desired properties to the end product. The textile chemicals market is segmented by type, application, and geography. By type, the market is segmented by coating and sizing chemicals, colorants and auxiliaries, finishing agents, desizing agents, and other types. By application, the market is segmented into apparel, home furnishing, automotive textile, industrial textile, and other applications. The report also covers the market size and forecasts for the Textile Chemicals Market in 16 countries across major regions. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done on the basis of revenue (USD Million).
|Coating and Sizing Chemicals|
|Colorants and Auxiliaries|
Key Market Trends
Apparel Application to Dominate the Market
- Apparel is one of the fundamental needs of a human being and is also one of the fastest-growing businesses globally. Textiles and clothing are key exports, especially for low- to middle-income countries. Bangladesh has the highest total dependence on textiles and clothing as a total share of merchandise exports (83%), followed by Pakistan (66%) and Sri Lanka (45%). The top textile apparel exporters are China, India, Bangladesh, Turkey, Indonesia, and Vietnam, accounting for over 70% of the total world textile apparel exports.
- Increasing demand for textiles and apparel is expected to drive the demand for textile chemicals in these applications. Asia-Pacific, the largest market for woven fabrics, is witnessing healthy growth due to the increasing demand in countries, like India, China, etc.
- China’s textile and apparel industry is one of the major industries, and the country is the largest clothing exporter across the world.
- In India, the demand for apparel has increased with growing consumer preference, in response to growing foreign textile brands. The demand has been augmented by digitalization, social networking sites, and apps, which help in increasing the sale of garments. Some apparel manufacturers in India state that the growth rate in menswear brands is at 7-10%, while the growth rate of women and kids apparel is around 15-20%. Also, the growing number of working women has increased the demand for women's apparel.
- Small regions, such as Bangladesh, witnessed an increase in population and living standards, driving the demand for knitted fabrics.
- However, the COVID-19 has a huge impact on the apparel industry globally due to the lockdown in various countries. Moreover, the slowing down of manufacturing activities due to the economic slowdown and lockdowns due to the COVID-19 outbreak is expected to have a negative impact on the growth of the market studied but it is likely to recover by the end of 2021.
- The COVID-19 crisis is an unprecedented shock to this supply chain, creating a dramatic domino effect of revenue losses. In Germany, offline fashion retail sales in the first three weeks of March 2020 dropped by 42%, compared to the same period the year before, and in Bangladesh, orders cancelled in the first few days of May 2020, which represents a value of over EUR 2 billion.
- Overall, the demand for textile chemicals is likely to reboud and grow substantially globally during the forecast period, owing to the demand from the apparel’s segment.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
China to Dominate the Asia-Pacific Market
- In the Asia-Pacific region, China is the largest economy in terms of GDP. The country witnessed about 6.1% growth in its GDP during 2019, even after the trade disturbance caused due to its trade war with the United States. The economic growth rate of China in 2020 was increased by 2.3% compared to the previous year.
- The Chinese textile industry is the largest in the world, both in terms of production and exports. The textile industry in China is also booming with increasing investments and government support from the 13th Five Year Plan.
- Investment in the country’s textile industry has been increasing, owing to cheaper electricity rates, transportation subsidies, and lower raw cotton prices.
- Besides, through the Belt & Road initiative, the country saw an in-flow of huge investments, both domestic and foreign, mainly focusing on increasing production capacity in the country and further increase exports of textiles and apparel.
- Moreover, amid the recent COVID-19 outbreak, there has been an exponential increase in the production of masks and PPE kits, both domestically and internationally, which has enhanced the usage of textile chemicals significantly. As of May 2020, China produced around 116 million medical masks and millions of PPE kits daily.
- China is the largest market for automotive textile industry. The largest automobile maker General Motors (GM) said that it has delivered 771,400 vehicles in China in the third quarter of 2020 that followed a second-quarter fall of 5%. According to the GM report, with the rapid advancements in the field and the growing need for technologically-developed high-performing fabrics, many players will emerge to benefit from it. It is estimated that the growth of the automobile textile industry in the next few years will be seen at 15% in China.
- Hence, from the above-mentioned factors, the demand for textile chemicals in China is likely to be affected in the short run, and is estimated to recover and grow potentially over the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The global textile chemicals market is fragmented, with the presence of both multi-nationals and regional players. The top 5 players accounts for a noticeable share of the global's market demand. Key players in the market studied include Archroma, Huntsman International LLC, Dow, Wacker Chemie AG, and Evonik Industries AG, among others.
- In April 2020, Huntsman Textile Effects and Phong Phu International (PPJ) announced a partnership agreement, aiming to endorse the growth of Phong Phu International (PPJ) in Vietnam as a leading manufacturer of sustainable, high-performance textiles and garments for various leading brands and retailers, globally.
- In Jan 2020, Bozzetto Group and Asutex announced the finalization of an agreement deal to create a new leader in the specialty textile chemicals industry.
- In July 2019, Achitex Minerva successfully acquired the corporate assets of Minerva Color Columbiana to expand the market structure of Achitex Minerva Colombia LTD, placed in Bogota.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Robust Growth in the Apparel Market in Developing Economies
4.1.2 Growing Demand for Industrial Fabrics in North America
4.2.1 Pollution Problems Caused by the Textile Dyeing and Finishing Industry
4.2.2 Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Coating and Sizing Chemicals
5.1.2 Colorants and Auxiliaries
5.1.3 Finishing Agents
5.1.4 Desizing Agents
5.1.5 Other Types
5.2.2 Home Furnishing
5.2.3 Automotive Textile
5.2.4 Industrial Textile
5.2.5 Other Applications
220.127.116.11 South Korea
18.104.22.168 ASEAN Countries
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
184.108.40.206 Rest of the Europe
5.3.4 South America
220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
22.214.171.124 South Africa
126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share(%)/Ranking Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Achitex Minerva S.p.A.
6.4.3 Arkema Inc.
6.4.4 GIOVANNI BOZZETTO S.p.A.
6.4.5 Chemipol ( Kothari Group Of Industries)
6.4.6 CHT Group
6.4.7 Covestro AG
6.4.8 Croda International Plc
6.4.10 Evonik Industries AG
6.4.11 Formosa Organic Chemical Industry Co.,Ltd
6.4.12 Huntsman International LLC
6.4.14 K-TECH (INDIA) LIMITED
6.4.15 L. N. Chemical Industries
6.4.16 Kiri Industries Ltd
6.4.18 Rudolf GmbH
6.4.20 Tanatex Chemicals B.V.
6.4.21 The Lubrizol Corporation
6.4.22 Wacker Chemie AG
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Ongoing Research and Development in the Field of Smart Textile
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Textile Chemicals Market market is studied from 2016 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Textile Chemicals Market?
The Textile Chemicals Market is growing at a CAGR of 4% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Textile Chemicals Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Textile Chemicals Market?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Textile Chemicals Market?
- Huntsman International LLC
- Wacker Chemie AG
- Evonik Industries AG
Are the major companies operating in Textile Chemicals Market.