Qatar IoT Market Size
|2019 - 2029
|Base Year For Estimation
|Market Size (2024)
|USD 1.01 Billion
|Market Size (2029)
|USD 3.47 Billion
|CAGR (2024 - 2029)
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Qatar IoT Market Analysis
The Qatar Internet of Things Market size is estimated at USD 1.01 billion in 2024, and is expected to reach USD 3.47 billion by 2029, growing at a CAGR of 27.92% during the forecast period (2024-2029).
- Of all the Arab countries, Qatar is one of the few that can be termed technologically advanced. The country witnesses a high rate of innovation, starting from IoT, virtual reality, robotics, and the most recent, 5G. As part of its long-term vision and strategy, Qatar aims to become one of the smartest countries in the Middle East. Given the high internet and smartphone penetration levels, the country is poised to grow in technology readiness and is highly willing to adopt new technologies.
- The Ministry of Transportation and Communications (MOTC) in Qatar established Tasmu Digital Valley as an innovation cluster where multiple sectors can work together to achieve the goal of Smart Qatar. Tasmu Digital Valley is a smart platform that connects startups, entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, academics, students, multinational corporations, and institutions to innovate new digital solutions. IoT as a component is 40% of the Tasmu Smart Qatar use cases. Such factors are proliferating the IoT market in the country.
- Moreover, the Government is launching various initiatives for the growth of the IoT market in the country. For instance, The Qatar Mobility Innovations Center (QMIC), the first independent innovations center in the region with a focus on developing and deploying smart mobility services and systems, developed Labeeb IoT. QMIC's main goal is to use locally engineered innovations and knowledge to create technology-based industries that address regional challenges and grow with mega projects in Qatar and the region.
- Further, QMIC has been delivering IoT platforms and services across several vertical domains, including road safety, environment, logistics, telematics, and intelligent transport. In addition, QMIC is working with major global and national market players and stakeholders to create a market-focused innovation ecosystem in the region.
- Moreover, the increasing efforts from the market players in the country are further expected to drive the market at a rapid pace. For instance, Ooredoo is leveraging 5G to drive IoT innovation with two key technology elements: network traffic prioritization based on the priority of the industry vertical and lower latency for critical applications such as smart and connected transportation, retail, energy, healthcare, education, and entertainment.
- The increase in the elderly population results in an increasing burden of chronic health diseases. This results in a decrease in physical activity and loss of mobility. Also, the risk for severe illness from COVID-19 increases with age, with older adults at the highest risk. This significantly creates the need for Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE) tracking and response to support patients' mobility through sensors and provide immediate response in emergencies. This IoT application could provide rapid medical assistance, especially for the elderly, by developing sensors monitoring patient health and movement. The system is connected to caregivers and emergency response teams to provide assistance based on patient location.
Qatar IoT Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Qatar Internet of Things (IoT) Market according to our research experts:
Increase in Adoption of Smart Homes Projects
- The increasing adoption of smart home projects in the country is analyzed to positively impact the market's growth. Moreover, the growing efforts by market vendors in terms of 5G connectivity will significantly expand the horizon of smart homes in the country, thus positively impacting the market's growth.
- For instance, in December 2021, Vodafone Qatar announced the completion of Qatar's first successful millimeter wave (mmWave) spectrum experiment, marking the next milestone in building its world-class GigaNet 5G network. The trial reached system capabilities of 8.1 Gbps on the downlink (DL) and 734 Mbps on the uplink (UL) using new and sophisticated 5G technologies provided across the mmWave Spectrum.
- Further, cellular IoT deployments in the country are accelerating across connected cars, utilities, and home automation, and with 5G on the horizon, IoT adoption is likely to grow even faster. Network providers across Qatar are increasingly offering 5G connectivity and 5G-enabled devices. Such developments are further expected to drive the application of IoT in smart home projects over the forecast period.
- Qatar has emerged as one of the leading countries regarding 5G network coverage. Moreover, the country's high Internet and smartphone penetration are expected to drive major telecom players' 5G deployment efforts. 5G has enormous potential to significantly impact how IoT ecosystems are designed, specifically in reliability, scalability, latency, security, and the level of individual control on connectivity parameters. For instance, according to the data from GSMA Intelligence, mobile connections in Qatar were 151.8% of the total population in January last year.
Transportation and Logistics Expected to Hold Significant Share
- The transformation and logistics segment is expected to hold a significant share of the IoT market in Qatar. As Qatar's transportation infrastructure grows, an increase in traffic-related problems such as traffic congestion, safety, and pollution becomes inevitable. This will necessitate the implementation of sensory infrastructure to collect data about traffic conditions and make the appropriate changes. Other IoT use cases include connected transport networks, road-to-vehicle communication, and public transportation social listening.
- Vehicles in Qatar operate in silos despite being the major cause of traffic congestion and road incidents. There is a significant potential to decrease congestion and collisions by connecting vehicles to the infrastructure. With the usage of IoT, vehicles could receive real-time roadway information from central traffic management systems. The vehicles can recognize high-risk situations in advance, resulting in driver alerts and warnings through specific actions.
- Further, the drivers could also make aware of their surroundings, such as traffic lights, traffic signals, parking lots, and emergencies, to act accordingly. This could open significant opportunities in Connected Vehicles (V2V), Real-Time Crowd and Transportation Management, and Mobility Contextual Pre-Advice.
- Moreover, market vendors are focusing on innovative product launches for the transportation sector. For instance, in June last year, Vodafone launched an asset-tracking service in Qatar to help businesses improve the efficiency of their operations by using IoT technologies. The end-to-end IoT asset-tracking service facilitates the delivery of real-time information such as asset location and environmental conditions, can track multiple assets simultaneously, and deliver alerts and reports.
Qatar IoT Industry Overview
The Qatar Internet of Things (IoT) market appears to be moderately fragmented due to the presence of significant technological giants. Key strategies adopted by the major players in the market are product innovation and mergers and acquisitions. Some of the major players in the market are Labeeb IoT (Qatar Mobility Innovations Center), Ooredoo QPSC, Vodafone Qatar PQSC, Cisco Systems Inc., etc.
In January 2023, Ooredoo, a leading developer of the Internet of Things (IoT) in Qatar, announced the availability of two new IoT asset management packages, which will enable business customers to monitor company resources from a single, intuitive dashboard. Key solution features include real-time asset tracking, dashboard-based reporting, predictive and preventive maintenance, and analytics.
In April 2022, Ooredoo Qatar, a leading national provider of ICT, signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Microsoft and Siemens at a signing ceremony at the Smart City Expo, staged from 29-30 March 2022 in Msheireb. This MoU aims to develop digital, Internet of Things (IoT), and software analytics solutions and related use cases by leveraging the expertise and technologies of the signatories.
Qatar IoT Market Leaders
Labeeb IoT (Qatar Mobility Innovations Center)
Vodafone Qatar P.Q.S.C
Cisco Systems Inc.
Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Qatar IoT Market News
- January 2023: Qatar General Electricity and Water Corporation (Kahramaa) announced that it had installed 280,000 smart meters of electricity and water equipped with the Internet of Things (IoT). Smart Metering Infrastructure Project, one of the most prominent projects of Kahramaa for digital transformation, targets the installation of 600,000 advanced digital meters to read energy consumption more effectively and accurately and transmit the required information safely and quickly.
- March 2022: Ooredoo Announced Major Partnership with KDDI APAC to Provide IoT Connectivity for Lexus Cars in Qatar. Grounded in Ooredoo IoT Connect platform services, this solution includes specialized SIM technologies and an advanced management solution and support services.
Qatar IoT Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.2.5 Threat of Substitutes
4.3 Industry Ecosystem Analysis
4.4 Assessment of COVID-19 Impact on the Industry
4.5 Digital Readiness - Qatar
4.5.1 Analysis of Consumer and Enterprise Spending on ICT
4.5.2 Digitization Rate
4.5.3 Mobile and Internet Subscribers in Qatar
4.5.4 Comparison of Digital Readiness with Other Key GCC countries
4.5.5 Smart Home Industry in Qatar
4.6 Use Cases of IoT in Qatar
4.6.1 Wastewater Regeneration Facilities Using NEXUS Integra Platform
4.6.2 Industrial Metering Solution for Water Conservation by Ooredoo
4.6.3 Asset Management Solution for Facilities Management by Ooredoo
4.6.4 Fleet Management Services for Logistics Management by Vodafone Qatar
4.6.5 Smart City Initiatives Such as Tasmu Smart Qatar Program
4.6.6 Roll-out of Narrowband-IoT (NB-IoT) Network by Vodafone Qatar
4.7 Key Global and Regional Cues on IoT Adoption in Qatar
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increase in Adoption of Smart Home Projects
5.1.2 Roll-out of Government Initiatives in the form of Digital Government Strategies
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Availability of Competent Resources with Skills related to IoT, AI, and SD-WAN
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Component
6.1.3 Services (Managed and Professional)
6.2 By End-user Vertical
6.2.2 Transport and Logistics
6.2.3 Home and Building Automation
6.2.4 Power and Utilities
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Labeeb IoT (Qatar Mobility Innovations Center)
7.1.2 Ooredoo Q.P.S.C
7.1.3 Vodafone Qatar P.Q.S.C
7.1.4 Cisco Systems Inc.
7.1.5 Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd
7.1.6 Fusion Informatics Limited
7.1.7 Siemens AG
7.1.8 PTC Inc.
7.1.9 Honeywell International Inc.
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. MARKET ENTRY STRATEGIES FOR EMERGING VENDORS
9. MARKET OUTLOOK
Qatar IoT Market Research FAQs
How big is the Qatar Internet of Things (IoT) Market?
The Qatar Internet of Things (IoT) Market size is expected to reach USD 1.01 billion in 2024 and grow at a CAGR of 27.92% to reach USD 3.47 billion by 2029.
What is the current Qatar Internet of Things (IoT) Market size?
In 2024, the Qatar Internet of Things (IoT) Market size is expected to reach USD 1.01 billion.
Who are the key players in Qatar Internet of Things (IoT) Market?
Labeeb IoT (Qatar Mobility Innovations Center), Ooredoo Q.P.S.C, Vodafone Qatar P.Q.S.C, Cisco Systems Inc. and Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd are the major companies operating in the Qatar Internet of Things (IoT) Market.
What years does this Qatar Internet of Things (IoT) Market cover, and what was the market size in 2023?
In 2023, the Qatar Internet of Things (IoT) Market size was estimated at USD 0.79 billion. The report covers the Qatar Internet of Things (IoT) Market historical market size for years: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the Qatar Internet of Things (IoT) Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029.
Qatar Internet of Things Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Qatar Internet of Things market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Qatar Internet of Things analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2029 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.