Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Middle-East paints and coatings market was estimated to be valued at over USD 3 billion in 2021, and the market is projected to register a CAGR of over 3% during the forecast period 2022-2027.
Paints and coatings are used in construction, automobile and transportation, and the wood industry. They play an important role in the building and construction industry, as they are utilized to protect structures from natural elements. In 2021, the market developed because of an increase in infrastructural items in various nations across the region. Over the following years, the industry is expected to grow as governments increase public investments to fund new projects.
· Over the short term, construction of hotels and restaurants, re-painting historic hotels, and maintaining architectural and ornamental infrastructure (to attract visitors) are likely to strengthen the market studied.
· The growing demand for eco-friendly products is expected to offer various opportunities for the market's growth over the forecast period.
· These concerns have encouraged the emergence of bio-based paints and coatings, which are eco-friendly.
Scope of the Report
The market is segmented by resin type, technologies, end-user industries, and geography. By resin type, the market is segmented into acrylic, alkyd, polyurethane, epoxy, polyester, and other resin types. By technology, the market is segmented into water-borne, solvent-borne, radiation cure, and other technologies. By end-user industry, the market is segmented into architectural, automotive, wood, industrial, transportation, and packaging. The report also covers the size and forecasts for the Middle-East paints and coatings market in major countries across the region. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done on the basis of revenue (USD million).
|Other Resin Types|
|General Industrial Coating|
|Other End-user Industries|
|Rest of the Middle-East|
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand from the Architectural Sector
· Paints and coatings are extensively used for both interior and exterior applications in the architectural sector as well as domestic houses and other construction projects. They are applied on the house’s exterior to give it a new look and protect it from blistering summers, freezing winters, soaking rain, and daily exposure to UV radiation (without fading, peeling away, and cracking the exteriors).
· In Qatar, the number of building permits issued increased dramatically in the fourth quarter of 2021, indicating a strong comeback in the construction industry. A total of 9,500 construction permits were issued in 2021.
· In the fourth quarter, the number of building permits issued grew by around 15% over the third quarter. According to Qatar's Planning and Statistics Authority, 2,159 building licenses were issued in the fourth quarter of last year compared to 1,894 issued in the third quarter.
· Kuwait has some of the world's most beautiful structures, many of which have classical facades. With Kuwait Vision 2035 in mind, the necessity to develop environmentally friendly and sustainable buildings with high performance and energy-efficient façades is becoming more apparent. There is a strong focus on cutting-edge façades that are structurally, aesthetically, thermally, technologically, and acoustically efficient, secure, and, most importantly, long-lasting.
· All the aforementioned factors are expected to drive the Middle-East paints and coatings market in the architectural industry during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Saudi Arabia to Dominate the Market
· Saudi Arabia is the Middle-East's largest national market, accounting for roughly half of the region's total demand for paints and coatings. According to the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the country has declared a strong reform agenda as part of its Vision 2030, which is likely to result in robust growth over the medium term as structural changes are completed.
· The kingdom offers the region's largest pipeline of future construction opportunities, driven by Riyadh's Vision 2030 national development agenda for the diversification and privatization of the giant Saudi economy, which includes a slew of massive megaprojects like the USD 500 billion Neom future cities, Qiddiya entertainment city, and the Red Sea Project.
· Saudi Arabia's GDP from construction grew to SAR 29004 million in the third quarter of 2021, up from SAR 28079 million in the second quarter of 2021, according to the Central Department of Statistics and Information.
· Saudi Arabia's vehicle market grew by 24.6% in 2021, with 585,351 sales, indicating a very robust growth throughout the year, except a flat Q1 in 2021. Chevrolet is the only brand in the top ten to lose ground, with a 16.2% drop.
· All such developments are expected to drive the paints and coatings market in the country during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The Middle-East paints and coatings market is highly consolidated, with the top six players holding about 70% of the market share. Key players in the market include Akzo Nobel NV, Jazeera Paints, Jotun, PPG Industries Inc., and National Paints Factories Co. Ltd, among others.
Akzo Nobel N.V.
NATIONAL PAINTS FACTORIES CO. LTD.
- · In February 2022, the long-standing cooperation between McLaren Racing and AkzoNobel was extended and enhanced. McLaren Racing's only official partner, AkzoNobel Coatings Solutions, offers advanced paints to the McLaren Formula 1 vehicle in racing. This agreement is projected to improve AkzoNobel's brand image, resulting in increased sales of paints and coatings goods.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increased Focus on Tourism and Construction in the Middle-East
4.1.2 Booming Commercial Construction Activities
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Resin Type
5.1.6 Other Resin Types
5.2.3 Radiation Cure
5.2.4 Other Technologies
5.3 End-user Industry
5.3.4 General Industrial Coating
5.3.6 Other End-user Industries
5.4.1 Saudi Arabia
5.4.9 Rest of the Middle-East
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Akzo Nobel NV
6.4.2 Asian Paints Berger
6.4.3 Beckers Group
6.4.4 Jazeera Paints
6.4.5 Caparol Paints
6.4.6 Hempel AS
6.4.7 Jazeera Paints
6.4.9 National Paints Factories Co. Ltd
6.4.10 PPG Industries Inc.
6.4.11 Premier Paints Company Limited (The Sherwin-Williams Company)
6.4.12 Ritver Paints & Coatings
6.4.13 RPM International Inc.
6.4.15 Terraco UAE Ltd
6.4.16 Thermalite Middle East
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Middle-East Paints and Coatings Market market is studied from 2017 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Middle-East Paints and Coatings Market?
The Middle-East Paints and Coatings Market is growing at a CAGR of >3% over the next 5 years.
What is Middle-East Paints and Coatings Market size in 2017?
The Middle-East Paints and Coatings Market is valued at 3 Billion USD in 2017.
Who are the key players in Middle-East Paints and Coatings Market?
Akzo Nobel N.V., Jotun, Jazeera Paints, Hempel A/S, NATIONAL PAINTS FACTORIES CO. LTD. are the major companies operating in Middle-East Paints and Coatings Market.