Pneumatic Tube System Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Pneumatic Tube System Market Analysis
The Pneumatic Tube System Market was valued at USD 2.36 billion last year and is expected to reach USD 3.08 billion by the end of the forecast period, at a CAGR of 4.43% over the forecast period. The pneumatic tube systems are increasingly finding a place in many internal logistic problems of the producers of various goods and services. As the costs involved with these systems are low, there has been a significant increase in their demand. The system’s offerings of high-level security, user-friendly operation, and low maintenance costs are the significant reasons behind its growth.
- Every autonomous pneumatic tube transfer incorporates carriers outfitted with transponders that communicate with the system using RFID-Technology to guarantee that everything reaches precisely where it is meant to (Radio Frequency Identification). In order to prevent congestion and lengthy waiting times during peak periods, it is equipped with uniquely designed software that can be used in every system.
- Priority shall be given to the safety of transport: the system shall be protected from unauthorized access and each transfer shall be recorded separately using the transponder ID of each carrier in the tracking and monitoring list of the control or monitoring system. It is always possible to follow the correct route and find out who ships what item when and where.
- Each day, millions of tons of goods are produced in large factories and industrial units. In order for them to comply with the timetable criteria, while also complying with quality standards, they must be very effective. In such regions, the integration of production and packaging facilities is essential. The link between production and the R&D unit, which carries out regular checks to guarantee quality control, must also be established. Nevertheless, all movements shall be performed most effectively by the pneumatic transport system.
- The industries, chemical plants and large sized enterprises have seen promising results in the implementation of Pneumatic Tube Technology. An important boost for any enterprise can be provided by a basic and simple pneumatic tube system.
- This concept is still used at a smaller scale. While the pneumatic tubes are no longer used for data transfer, it is customary to carry small goods where ease and efficiency in a given area need to be ensured. Drive-up banks in the United States extensively implemented pneumatic tubes to carry cash and papers between automobiles and tellers.
- However, in a healthcare sector where samples are being transported from COVID 19 infected patients without any further human contact to the laboratory within minutes, there is strong demand for well designed pneumatic tubes.In hospitals, it is possible to clean and disinfect the pneumatic tube carrier
Pneumatic Tube System Market Trends
Hospitals Expected to Have Significant Market Share
- The pneumatic tube systems in hospitals transport everything, including emergency samples, medicine, units of stored blood, laboratory samples, documents, x-rays, and others. Thus, it creates a direct connection between all hospital wards, such as nursing wards, blood banks, administration offices, and outpatient departments. The hospital segment application includes laboratories, blood banks, nursing pharmacies, emergency rooms, and other such applications.
- With a rise in health concerns and stable economic growth in certain regions, the global hospitality industry growth is accelerating, and the factors mentioned above help increase the demand for pneumatic tube systems in hospitals. Human intervention-free transportation also serves to minimize contamination risks and drives the vendors to offer unique solutions served in the market.
- Pneumatic tube systems are necessary inventory in hospitals because it is the most appropriate solution when lengthy distances need to be measured, for example in a surgical procedure where there are seconds that count and if blood products or samples require immediate response. The hospital tube system is designed for rapid, safe, shockless transport of items such as blood and urine samples or medicines when speed is important.
- Companies like Pevco Systems have products like Pevco Link Web App for tracking real-time data for pharmaceuticals, specimen, and blood products. They also have Pavco Smart Path to increase system performance, safety, and decrease delivery time.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America Expected to Have Significant Market Share
- Pneumatic tube systems are most prevalent in the North American region as it is used in drive-up banks to transport cash and documents between cars and tellers. North America is one of the largest markets for technology-based solutions. It is also expected to be a strong player in the global economy, especially in the development and implementation of new technologies.
- The healthcare and industrial sectors are increasing, along with the increasing influence on better and safe processes. This has increased the demand for automated systems across various end-user verticals. Latest technological breakthroughs have advanced new pneumatic tube systems that make the overall processes highly efficient and can significantly improve the accuracy of various applications.
- According to the National Health Expenditure Account (NHEA) official estimates, total healthcare spending in the United States grew 4.3% in 2022, reaching USD 4.3 trillion equivalent to USD 12,530 per person.
- The healthcare sector in North America is expected to grow at a faster rate as the spending in this sector has been witnessing growth over the last few years, which is supported by the increasing focus on better productivity, the safety of products and faster processes. The rise in the need for security and reduction of product loss drives the users to adopt these pneumatic tube systems, simultaneously, reducing the costs.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Pneumatic Tube System Industry Overview
The pneumatic tube system market is fragmented and has several manufacturers who strive to maintain a competitive edge in the market, thereby intensifying the competition in the market. Various innovations are taking place in the market, thus enhancing the growth of the market.
- Januray 2023 - Quirepace expnads and offers Intralogistics solutions for NHS are not just confined to Pneumatic Tube; part of the reconfiguration of NHS Pathology services, recently both NHS and external laboratory service providers have recognised the unique solution provided by Unicar ETV system which, with a payload up to 15kg, has the capability to transport products which are not suitable for PTS.
- May 2023 - KGMU Trauma Center has planned to install a pneumatic tube system for transporting pathology test samples from wards to the laboratory. By installing a pneumatic tube system, the movement of the nurse will be reduced because the attendant does not need to take samples into the laboratory. The nurse simply keeps the sample in a special box with the information required for the tests and the patient's details on the form and the box will be sent to the laboratory on its own by the tube system. Soon, the test reports will arrive in the ward.
Pneumatic Tube System Market Leaders
Swisslog Holding AG (KUKA)
Aerocom Systems Inc.
Eagle Pneumatic Inc.
Air-Log International GmbH
Hanter Ingenjörsteknik AB
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Pneumatic Tube System Market News
- October 2022 - After being endorsed by the University of Michigan's Board of Regents on September 22nd, the University of Michigan Hospital intends to extend a pneumatic tube system into its entire campus. It is expected that the project will be finished in spring 2024 at a cost of USD 6.5 million.
- September 2022 - Gunnebo is has to announced that many of their safe storage products comply with the new European (EN) T2 security standard, which of guaranteeing the highest level of protection against attack by burglars.
Pneumatic Tube System Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.2.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Growing Adoption of Cost-Effective Solutions
5.1.2 Growing Health and Safety Concerns
5.2 Market Restraints
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Systems & Services
6.1.1 Pneumatic Tube Systems
6.2 By End-user Industry
6.2.4 Waste Management
6.2.5 Other End-user Industries
6.3 By Geography
6.3.1 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
6.3.3 Asia Pacific
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia Pacific
6.3.4 Rest of the World
220.127.116.11 Latin America
18.104.22.168 Middle-East & Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Swisslog Holding AG (KUKA)
7.1.2 Aerocom Systems Inc.
7.1.3 Air Link International Ltd.
7.1.4 Eagle Pneumatic Inc.
7.1.5 Air-Log International GmbH
7.1.6 Colombo Pneumatic Tube Systems Inc.
7.1.7 Oppent S.p.A.
7.1.8 Ing. Sumetzberger GMBH
7.1.9 Hanter Ingenj rsteknik AB
7.1.10 Pevco Systems Inc.
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Pneumatic Tube System Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Pneumatic Tube System Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Pneumatic Tube System Market?
The Pneumatic Tube System Market is growing at a CAGR of 4.43% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Pneumatic Tube System Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in Pneumatic Tube System Market?
North America holds highest share in 2022.
Who are the key players in Pneumatic Tube System Market?
Swisslog Holding AG (KUKA), Aerocom Systems Inc., Eagle Pneumatic Inc., Air-Log International GmbH, Hanter Ingenjörsteknik AB are the major companies operating in Pneumatic Tube System Market.
Pneumatic Tube System Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Pneumatic Tube System market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Pneumatic Tube System analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2023 to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.