The North America medical wearable electronics market has been estimated at USD 1.7 billion in 2016 and is projected to reach USD 5.6 billion by 2021 at a CAGR of 26.19% during the forecast period from 2016 to 2021. Wearable medical devices are defined as the devices with sensors attached to the body that detect and monitor changes in body signatures of various areas and organs. Wearable devices monitor physiological data usually with remote/wireless communication. Most wearable medical devices have been developed to monitor activities such as walking, jogging, muscle activity and calories burned, heart rate, etc. and exercise. Some even include GPS monitoring and tracking to enhance accurate measurement of distance.
Sports and fitness, remote patient monitoring and home healthcare are the key applications of medical wearable electronics. Home healthcare monitoring accounts for the largest share.
Large number of innovations and new technologies, increasing incidence of chronic pain and diabetes, emerging economies and increasing per capita income and ease of use and interpretation of medical devices are the factors driving medical wearable devices market. On other hand, high cost of wearable medical devices, unfavorable reimbursement policies, data security issues and strict government regulations are posing challenges to this market.
Wearable medical devices market is segmented based on the product type which includes diagnostic wearable devices and therapeutic wearable devices. Diagnostic wearable devices segment is further divided into wearable vital sign monitors (Wearable heart rate monitors, Wearable Activity monitors, Wearable electrocardiographs and others), wearable fetal monitors & obstetric devices and neuromonitoring devices (Electroencephalographs and Electromyographs). Therapeutic wearable devices segment is sub-segmented into wearable pain management medical devices, Glucose/Insulin monitoring devices and Wearable respiratory therapy devices.
Based on geography, market is segmented into US, Canada and Mexico.
Many players in this market are trying to expand their product portfolio in order to top the global market. While few companies are entering into the market by acquisitions, top companies are expanding their growth in this market by acquiring other companies. Few companies adopted product innovation and new product launches as its key business strategy to ensure its dominance in this market. The major players in this market are Basis Science, Corventis Inc., Draeger, Everist Genomics Inc., Fitbit Inc., Intelesens Ltd, Lifewatch AG, Nuubo, Omron Corporation, Philips Electronics, Polar Electro, Sotera wireless, Zephyr Technology Corporation and Withings.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the North America Wearable medical devices Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the North America Wearable medical devices Market on both global and regional scales
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market
- Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Overview: North America Wearable Technology Market
3.1 Definition of Market
3.2 Market Applications
3.3 Current and future trends in North America market
3.4 Impact of google glass in healthcare
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Drivers
4.1.1 Large number of innovators and new technologies
4.1.2 Increasing incidence of chronic pain and Diabetes patients
4.1.3 Emerging economies and increasing per capita income
4.1.4 Ease of use and interpretation of medical devices
4.2 Market constraints
4.2.1 Cost of devices
4.2.2 Reimbursement issue
4.3.1 Larger population of diabetic patients in Asia-Pacific
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 North America Diagnostic wearable device market
5.2 North America Therapeutic wearable device market
5.3 North America Diagnostic wearable device market, By Segment
5.3.1 Wearable vital sign monitors
188.8.131.52 Wearable heart rate monitors
184.108.40.206 Wearable Activity monitors
220.127.116.11 Wearable electrocardiographs
5.3.2 North America Wearable fetal monitors and obstetric devices
5.3.3 North America neuromonitoring devices
5.4 North America Therapeutic wearable device market,By segment
5.4.1 North America wearable pain management medical devices
5.4.2 Glucose/Insulin monitoring devices
5.4.3 Wearable respiratory therapy devices
5.5 North America wearable device market, By applications
5.5.1 Sports and Fitness
5.5.2 Remote patient monitoring
5.5.3 Home healthcare
5.6 North America wearable device market, By Geography
6. Competitive Landscape
6.2 Mergers and Acquisitons
6.3 New Product Launch
6.4 Strategic Competition
6.5 Market share analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.1 Basis Science, Inc.
7.2 Corventis, Inc
7.3 Everist Genomics, Inc.
7.4 Fitbit, Inc.
7.5 LifeWatch AG
7.6 Philips Electronics
7.7 Polar Electro
7.8 Sotera Wireless