North America HVAC Equipment Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Market Size (2023)||USD 27.13 Billion|
|Market Size (2028)||USD 38.23 Billion|
|CAGR (2023 - 2028)||7.10 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
North America HVAC Equipment Market Analysis
The North America HVAC Equipment Market size is estimated at USD 27.13 billion in 2023, and is expected to reach USD 38.23 billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 7.10% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Increasing disposable income, rapidly expanding construction activity, and changing weather patterns are driving the growth of the market studied. North America is witnessing a significant increase in the implementation of smart home and smart city programs, driving the market's growth.
- Growing government support, in the form of higher budget allocations designed to increase sustainable community development, may contribute to the continually growing commercial and industrial construction sectors. Besides, increased construction activities, rapid urbanization, and infrastructural reforms result in an upsurge in HVAC unit replacements, thus driving the HVAC equipment market.
- The growth of the North American HVAC equipment market is driven by an increase in demand for smart systems and the integration of the Internet of Things (IoT), industrial automation systems, smart manufacturing, and industry 4.0. A significant portion of the market's above-average growth is anticipated from the uptick in green building construction activities. The smart home market, which is expanding rapidly, is projected to boost the HVAC system market's growth.
- Green building construction projects further support the empowerment of the HVAC equipment market in the region. For instance, in February 2022, Canada Green Building Council (CAGBC) announced that the country ranked second globally on the annual list of Top 10 Countries and Regions for LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design), a green building certification program used worldwide, in 2021. Installation of HVAC equipment with standards imposed by the governmental bodies for the rising awareness of occupants' health and energy consumption is becoming a vital criteria in green building designs.
- However, as per IEA and the U.S. Department of Energy, around 25-35% of electricity consumption is due to HVAC systems. According to the same source, a large part (20% - 60%) of this energy consumption is contributed by parasitic energy use (energy used to power fans and pumps used for the transfer of heating and cooling). Thus, centralized HVAC systems have burdened energy bills despite being more efficient (in terms of energy units' consumption per unit area of space conditioned) than unitary systems.
- There is a lack of employment in the whole manufacturing sector. Sadly, there is no exception in the heating and air conditioning industry Whether or not current workforce shortages are caused by these, they will likely be exacerbated might hamper the market gorwth
- The pandemic highlighted the importance of ventilation, which was a significant factor driving the demand for many HVAC systems in the region. Several studies suggested that COVID-19 transmission was particularly effective in crowded, confined indoor spaces such as workplaces (offices, factories) and other indoor settings, such as churches, restaurants, shopping centers, and vehicles.
North America HVAC Equipment Market Trends
Heat Pumps to Witness Significant Growth
- The market share that heat pumps are predicted to command is significant. Due to various factors, including climatic conditions, the convenience provided by the equipment, government tax credit benefits, regulations, etc., the use of heat pumps has steadily increased in the North American region.
- Owing to a paradigm shift toward adopting energy-efficient products and rising consumer spending, the residential heat pump market in the United States would continue to expand steadily. The business environment will be stimulated by the ongoing progress toward a decarbonized economy, which will be supported by legislative energy policies and incentives. As the number of old buildings that are being fixed up goes up, there will be more demand for flexibility and better comfort. This will make the industry more dynamic.
- The heat pumps are been categorized based on types, such as water source, air source, and ground source. The air-source heat pump (ASHP) takes in electricity, extracts heat from the surrounding air, and produces hot water up to 90 degrees Celsius. Due to the extraction of heat from the ambient air, it gets cooler. Thus, the requirement for both hot water and cold air is driving the growth of air-source heat pumps.
- Moreover, Cold climate heat pumps are becoming increasingly popular in many regions across North America, and this has been driving significant innovation in the space. Cold climate heat pumps are developed to work efficiently in conditions down to -25 degrees Celsius, with some systems maintaining an efficiency of over 200% at -18 degrees Celsius.
- In June 2022, the U.S (DOE) announced that Lennox International had became the first partner in the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE’s) Residential Cold Climate Heat Pump Technology has Challenge to develop an next-generation electric heat pump which woyuld that can more effectively heat homes in northern climates relative to current models.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
United States Holds Major Market Share
- The United States is one of the essential equipment markets, witnessing a steady growth rate. The growing construction activity, availability of high-efficiency systems, and extreme climatic conditions favour system installation across the facilities. Additionally, the presence of leading manufacturers, such as Carriers, Emerson Electric Co., and others, is complementing the growth of the North American market in the future.
- Additionally, with the Internet of Things (IoT) integration, several manufacturers have initiated smart heating, air conditioning, and ventilation system offers that, in turn, are propelling market growth across the United States.
- To ensure a sustainable future, the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) is heavily investing in improving energy efficiency standards throughout the country. The DOE wants to make sure that America is safe and doing well by finding science and technology solutions to its environmental, energy, and nuclear problems.
- Moreover, the Energy Information Administration's (EIA) Residential Energy Consumption Survey (RECS) estimates that 76 million primarily occupied US homes (64% of the total) use central air-conditioning equipment. About 13 million households (11%) use heat pumps for heating or cooling. By 2023, all new residential air-conditioning and air-source heat pump systems sold in the United States will require meeting the latest energy efficiency standards, fueling the growth of HVAC equipment.
- Furthermore, according to the US Census Bureau, new home construction in the United States in June 2022 was around 1.36 million. There were approximately 1.55 million new privately owned housing units in the United States in June 2022. This is further expected to create significant new demand for heat pumps in the country over the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
North America HVAC Equipment Industry Overview
The competitive rivalry in the North American HVAC equipment market is high, as the market studied is home to prominent vendors like Daikin, Carrier, and Lennox that command a major market share in different segments and have access to well-established distribution networks. Owing to the HVAC equipment industry being one of the largest markets, the existence of such a high number of major vendors without compromising on their market shares is sustainable. However, each vendor, especially in the heating and cooling segments, is fiercely competing to gain a larger share of the market studied.
- February 2023 - Lennox enhanced its comprehensive selection of With the introduction of the Enlight and Xion product lines, packaged rooftop units have been introduced. The company's Enlight product family aims to minimize environmental impact and maximize efficiency.
- October 2022 - Carrier Corporation declared that it had increased In North America, the AquaEdge 19DV watercooled Centrifugal chiller offers a range of capacities. The AquaEdge19DV is capable of supplying the customer with up to 1150 tonnes in order to meet their demand for larger capacities, as regards Commercial Highrise and mixed Use Building Applications, Large Manufacturing Establishments or Health Institutions.
North America HVAC Equipment Market Leaders
Johnson Controls International PLC
Daikin Industries Ltd
Lennox International Inc.
Emerson Electric Co.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
North America HVAC Equipment Market News
- February 2023 - LG Electronics USA showcased its robust 2023 lineup of commercial,residential HVAC and light commercial, and solutions at the 2023 AHR Expo in Atlanta. Throughout the show, the company demonstrated its Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) technology, energy-efficient heat pump options, indoor air quality solutions, along with flexible building automation and connectivity products.
- January 2023 - Carrier introduced the AquaSnap 30RC air-cooled scroll chiller with Greenspeed intelligence and R-32 refrigerant, which complies with January 1, 2024, low global warming potential (GWP) requirements that deliver quieter operation within a tiered design for a broader operating range and design flexibility.
North America HVAC Equipment Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumption and Market Defnition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 An Assessment of Impact of Macro Economic Trends on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Rise in Residential and Non-residential Users
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 High Energy Consumption of HVAC Equipment
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Equipment
6.1.1 Air Conditioning Equipment
6.1.2 Heating Equipment
6.1.3 Heat Pumps
6.1.4 Dehumidifiers and Humidifiers
6.2 By End User
6.3 By Country
6.3.1 United States
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Johnson Controls International PLC
7.1.2 Daikin Industries Ltd
7.1.3 Lennox International Inc.
7.1.4 Electrolux AB
7.1.5 Emerson Electric Co.
7.1.6 Carrier Corporation
7.1.7 Rheem Manufacturing Company Inc.
7.1.8 Uponor Corp.
7.1.9 Ingersoll Rand Inc. (Trane Inc.)
7.1.10 Nortek Global HVAC, LLC
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
North America HVAC Equipment Market Research Faqs
How big is the North America HVAC Equipment Market?
The North America HVAC Equipment Market size is expected to reach USD 27.13 billion in 2023 and grow at a CAGR of 7.10% to reach USD 38.23 billion by 2028.
What is the current North America HVAC Equipment Market size?
In 2023, the North America HVAC Equipment Market size is expected to reach USD 27.13 billion.
Who are the key players in North America HVAC Equipment Market?
Johnson Controls International PLC, Daikin Industries Ltd, Lennox International Inc., Electrolux AB and Emerson Electric Co. are the major companies operating in the North America HVAC Equipment Market.
North America HVAC Equipment Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 North America HVAC Equipment market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. North America HVAC Equipment analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2023 to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.