The North America fertilizer industry shall have a steady CAGR of 2.6% over the forecast period of 2017-2022, as the nutrient requirements and active ingredients usage are set to rise. Factors supporting the market are economic growth, potential for the agriculture sector, and input-output prices.
High population densities leading to food security concerns in the region, along with increasing need of better field productivity primarily drive the fertilizer market. Extensive use of biofuels and demand in animal feed sector will also sustain the growing demand for fertilizers in North America. While the potential of growth is comparatively high in small, agrarian countries like Mexico with the continuous product innovations, the demand would be restricted to the expanding application of organic fertilizers and regulatory constraints.
By type, the market is divided into nitrogen, phosphorus, potash and other macro fertilizers wherein nitrogen-based fertilizers account for the highest market share. By application, the market is explained by crop and non-crop usage.
In 2016, the US continued the first position in terms of fertilizer use, followed by Canada and Mexico, which has the highest CAGR among the North American countries.
Key Industry Players
Major global players accounting for substantial market share are:
- Yara International
- Koch Industries
- Bunge Ltd.
- Potash Corp
- CF Industries
Geographical expansion with country specific product innovations is the major strategy followed by the market players.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the North America market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the North America fertilizers market on both global and regional scales.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- Wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights into the major countries/regions in which this industry is growing and identifying the regions still untapped.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach & Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Key Findings of the Study
4. Market Overview
5. Market Dynamics
5.1.1 Demand in Animal Feed and Feed Products.
5.1.2 Extensive Use of Biofuels
5.1.3 Rising Demand for Food
5.2.1 Regulatory and Environmental Concerns
5.2.2 Growth of Organic Fertilizer Industry
5.3.1 Product Innovations and Multi-Functional Fertilizers
5.3.2 Growth Potential in Developing Countries
5.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
5.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
5.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
5.4.5 Degree of Competition
6. Market Segmentation
6.1 By Type
22.214.171.124 Calcium Ammonium Nitrate (CAN)
126.96.36.199 Ammonium Nitrate
188.8.131.52 Ammonium Sulfate
184.108.40.206 Other Nitrogenous Fertilizers
220.127.116.11 Mono-Ammonium Phosphate (MAP)
18.104.22.168 Di-Ammonium Phosphate (DAP)
22.214.171.124 Triple Superphosphate (TSP)
126.96.36.199 Other Phosphatic Fertilizers
6.2 By Application
188.8.131.52 Grains & Cereals
184.108.40.206 Oil Seeds
220.127.116.11 Fruits & Vegetables
18.104.22.168 Turf & Ornamental Grass
6.3 By Geography
6.3.1 North America
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
7.2 Joint Ventures
7.3 New Product Launches
7.4 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
7.5 Market Share Analysis
8. Company Profiles
8.1 Bayer Crop Science
8.3 Agrium Inc.
8.4 CF Industries Holdings
8.5 Potash Corporation
8.6 The Mosaic Company
8.7 Yara International
8.8 Bunge (BG)
8.9 Archer-Daniels-Midland (ADM)
8.11 Terra Nitrogen Company
8.12 Converted Organics
8.13 Monsanto Company
8.14 Mosaic Company
8.15 Intrepid Potash
8.16 E.I. Du Pont De Nemours & Company
8.17 Makhteshim Agan Industries Ltd.
8.18 Nufarm Ltd.
8.19 Dow Agrosciences Llc.
8.20 Syngenta AG.
8.21 K+S AG
8.24 CVR Partners
List of Tables
1. North America Fertilizer Market Revenues, by Country, 2014-2022 (USD million)
2. U.S. Fertilizer Market Revenue, by Type, 2014-2022 (USD million)
3. Canada Fertilizer Market Revenue, by Type, 2014-2022 (USD million)
4. Mexico Fertilizer Market Revenue, by Type, 2014-2022 (USD million)
5. Others Fertilizer Market Revenue, by Type, 2014-2022 (USD million)
6. North America Fertilizer Market Revenue, by Type, 2014-2022 (USD million)
7. North America Nitrogenous Fertilizer Market Revenue, by Type, 2014-2022 (USD million)
8. North America Phosphatic Fertilizer Market Revenue, by Country, 2014-2022 (USD million)
9. North America Phosphatic Fertilizer Market Revenue, by Type, 2014-2022 (USD million)
10. North America Potassic Fertilizer Market Revenue, by Country, 2014-2022 (USD million)
11. North America Other Fertilizers Market Revenue, by Country, 2014-2022 (USD million)
12. North America Fertilizer Market Revenue, by Type, 2014-2022 (USD million)
13. North America Fertilizer Market Revenues, by Crop Type, 2014-2022 (USD million)
14. US Fertilizer Market Revenues, by Crop Type, 2014-2022 (USD million)
15. Canada Fertilizer Market Revenues, by Crop Type, 2014-2022 (USD million)
16. Mexico Fertilizer Market Revenues, by Crop Type, 2014-2022 (USD million)
17. Others Fertilizer Market Revenues, by Crop Type, 2014-2022 (USD million)