MEA Surface Treatment Chemicals Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|CAGR:||< 5 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
MEA Surface Treatment Chemicals Market Analysis
The Middle East and Africa surface treatment chemicals market is projected to register a CAGR of over 5% during the forecast period.
The market was negatively impacted during the COVID-19 pandemic, as all the construction activities and automotive production, which are the largest end-user industries for the market studied, were put on hold, thereby negatively affecting the market. However, the market witnessed a steady growth rate in 2021 and 2022, owing to increased building and construction activities and automotive production.
- Over the short term, the demand from the industrial and residential Infrastructures in the Middle East region is the major factor driving the growth of the market studied.
- However, VOC content and health hazards associated with chemicals used are the key factors anticipated to restrain the growth of the market studied over the forecast period.
- Nevertheless, the development of effective eco-friendly chemicals for surface treatment is likely to act as an opportunity for the market in coming years.
- South Africa is estimated to witness significnat growth over the forecast period due to the increasing construction activities in the country.
MEA Surface Treatment Chemicals Industry Segmentation
Surface treatment is an additional process used for applying chemicals to the surface of a material in order to enhance its properties and add functions, such as rust and wear resistance, or to enhance its appearance.
The Middle East and Africa surface treatment chemicals market is segmented by chemical type, base material, end-user industry, and geography. By chemical type, the market is segmented into plating chemicals, cleaners, conversion coatings, and other chemical types. By base material, the market is segmented into metals, plastics, and other base materials. By end-user industry, the market is segmented into automotive and transportation, construction, electronics, industrial machinery, and other end-user industries. By geography, the market is segmented into Saudi Arabia, South Africa, United Arab Emirates, and Rest of Middle East and Africa. The report covers the market size and forecast for the surface treatment chemicals market in three countries across the Middle East and Africa region. For each segment, the market sizing and forecast have been provided on the basis of value (USD million).
|By Chemical Type|
|Other Chemical Types|
|By Base Material|
|Other Base Materials|
|By End-user Industry|
|Automotive and Transportation|
|Other End-user Industries|
|United Arab Emirates|
|Rest of Middle East and Africa|
MEA Surface Treatment Chemicals Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the MEA Surface Treatment Chemicals Market according to our research experts:
Increasing Demand from Automotive Industry
- The automotive industry utilizes surface treatment for treating surfaces of automotive bodies as well as the surface of parts and components.
- Moreover, surface treatment of automotive bodies, parts, and components also imparts various significant properties to automobiles, which are among the necessary properties for modern automobiles, such as increased loads (mechanical, thermal, etc.), longer lifetime, weight reduction, friction reduction, and corrosion resistance.
- In the Middle East and Africa region, the major automotive producer includes Iran, South Africa, Morocco, Algeria, and Egypt.
- As per the OICA, Iran is among the major automotive producer in the Middle East region and produced 894,298 vehicles in 2021, 9% more than that of 2020.
- Moreover, the total automotive production in South Africa in 2021 was 499,087, registering an increase of 12% as compared to 2020.
- Similarly, in Morocco, the automotive production in 2021 stood at 403,007, registering an increase of 23% as compared to 2020.
- Furthermore, in Saudi Arabia Under Vision 2030, the Saudi Arabian government aims for OEMs to produce more than 300,000 vehicles in the country between 2020 and 2030.
- The increasing trends in automotive production in some of the major African countries and increased automotive sales in the Middle East countries are anticipated to propel the growth of the market studied in the region over the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
South Africa to Dominate the Market
- South Africa is among the major automotive producers and has witnessed significant growth in its construction industry in the region studied.
- Owing to crucial surface treatment applications in these industries, the demand for the market studied is expected to witness significant growth in the coming years.
- In 2021, 499,087 units of vehicles were produced in the country, which resulted in a rise of about 12% compared to that of 2020. Moreover, according to the Department of Transport 2035 Masterplan, the government plans to increase the rate of vehicle production from the current 6,00,000 units to 1.4 million units a year.
- The construction industry in the country has observed a significant fall over the past years due to economic instability, fluctuations in the country's economy, and also the significant impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the country. However, construction is expected to recover in the coming and significantly register growth in the construction sector of the country.
- As per the experts, the construction sector in South Africa can act as a revival for the dip in the economy with investments and various activities in the pipeline for which the South African government has announced for investments and schemes.
- The government of South Africa is implementing various support schemes like i12 financial assistance and incentive scheme among others to attract foreign investments, which can consequently enhance the industrial sector of the country in the coming years.
- South Africa’s President in 2020 announced pipeline potential investments of over ZAR 700 billion (USD 42.77 billion) over the next 10 years, including both government and non-government contributions.
- In the 2021 budget, the South African Government announced plans to enhance the economy with approximately USD 45.3 billion for infrastructure development, including the advancement in energy, agriculture, transport, housing, water and sanitation, and digital infrastructure, thus boosting the demand for equipment and machinery, and consequently, the lubricants utilized in them.
- Increasing trends in the automotive and construction industry in South Africa are expected to favour the growth of the market studied over the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
MEA Surface Treatment Chemicals Industry Overview
The Middle East and Africa surface treatment chemicals market is partially fragmented in nature. Some of the major players in the market include SurTec International GmbH, Akzo Nobel N.V., PPG Industries, DuPont, BASF SE, and others.
MEA Surface Treatment Chemicals Market Leaders
SurTec International GmbH
Akzo Nobel N.V.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
MEA Surface Treatment Chemicals Market News
- November 2022: Bodycote entered into a partnership with Mathevon Group for the expansion of its surface treatment operations in the Middle East by expanding its thermal spray coatings capability in the region, especially in Saudi Arabia.
- June 2022: Tantec, a Danish surface technology company, through GREENTECH Plastics Machinery, started offering a range of high-quality surface treatment systems for customers across the Southern and East African region.
MEA Surface Treatment Chemicals Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Demand from Industrial and Residential Infrastructures in Middle East Countries
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.2.1 VOC Content and Health Hazards Associated with Chemicals
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size in Value)
5.1 By Chemical Type
5.1.1 Plating Chemicals
5.1.3 Conversion Coatings
5.1.4 Other Chemical Types
5.2 By Base Material
5.2.3 Other Base Materials
5.3 By End-user Industry
5.3.1 Automotive and Transportation
5.3.4 Industrial Machinery
5.3.5 Other End-user Industries
5.4 By Geography
5.4.1 Saudi Arabia
5.4.2 South Africa
5.4.3 United Arab Emirates
5.4.4 Rest of Middle East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%) Analysis**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Akzo Nobel N.V.
6.4.2 Anuj Chemicals
6.4.3 ASCO Ltd.
6.4.4 Axalta Coating Systems
6.4.5 BASF SE (Chemetall)
6.4.7 COVENTYA International
6.4.10 DynaChem South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
6.4.11 Henkel Jebel Ali FZCO
6.4.12 PPG Industries
6.4.13 SurTec International GmbH
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Development of Effective Eco-friendly Chemicals for Surface Treatments
MEA Surface Treatment Chemicals Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Middle-East and Africa Surface Treatment Chemicals Market is studied from 2017 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Middle-East and Africa Surface Treatment Chemicals Market?
The Middle-East and Africa Surface Treatment Chemicals Market is growing at a CAGR of <5% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Middle-East and Africa Surface Treatment Chemicals Market?
SurTec International GmbH, Akzo Nobel N.V., PPG Industries, DuPont, BASF SE are the major companies operating in Middle-East and Africa Surface Treatment Chemicals Market.
Middle-East and Africa Surface Treatment Chemicals Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Middle-East and Africa Surface Treatment Chemicals market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Middle-East and Africa Surface Treatment Chemicals analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.