The Middle East and Africa proximity sensors market is projected to reach USD 0.22 billion by 2018 growing at a consistent CAGR of 4.77% over the period 2014-2020. The Middle East and Africa accounted for 5% market share of the global proximity sensors market. Huge demand for proximity sensors in the automotive and industrial applications has fueled the growth of the market.
Material handling is one of the fastest growing application markets. The ever increasing smartphone business and strong growth in the capital investments are key drivers for the lucrative growth of the proximity sensors market. However, limited sensing capabilities and limited product variation among different manufacturing companies are the major hindrances to the growth of the market.
The proximity sensors market is segmented on the basis of type, technology, and end-user industry. While photoelectric proximity sensors, because of their extensive use in automotive and material handling applications, are part of the fastest growing technology segment of this market, capacitive proximity sensors are projected to record highest growth throughout the forecast period. Magnetic proximity sensors are the preferred choice for the detection of non-contact magnets. Other areas of application include automatic door units like garage doors, elevator doors, and doors inside railway coaches. High volumes of proximity sensors are used by the building and automotive sectors.
This report describes a detailed study of the Porter’s five forces analysis, market segments, and current market trends. All the five major factors in these markets have been quantified using the internal key parameters governing each of them. It also covers the market landscape of these players which includes the key growth strategies and competition analysis. The report also considers key trends that will impact the industry. Some of the leading suppliers of proximity sensors mentioned in the report are:
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Panasonic Corporation
- Fargo Controls
What the report offers
- Market definition for the Asia Pacific proximity sensors market along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the Asia Pacific proximity sensors market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Asia Pacific proximity sensors market on a regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Key Findings of The Study
1.3 Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Dynamics
3.1 Market Overview
3.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.5 Porters Five Force Analysis
3.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
3.5.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4. Technology Snapshot
5. Middle East and Africa Proximity Sensors Market Segmentation
5.1 By Type
5.2 By Technology
5.3 By Detection Range
5.3.1 1 <5mm
5.3.4 4 >20mm
5.4 By Distance
5.4.1 Fixed Distance
5.4.2 Adjustable Distance
5.5 By Industry
5.5.1 Aerospace & Defense
5.5.3 Elevators and escalators industry
5.5.4 Manufacturing Industry
5.5.5 Consumer Electronics
5.5.6 Food & Beverage
5.5.7 Metals and mining industry
5.6 By Region
5.6.1 Middle East and Africa
220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
18.104.22.168 South Africa
6. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
6.1 Panasonic Corporation
6.2 Turck Inc
6.3 Rockwell Automation, Inc.
6.4 Omron Corporation
6.5 Honeywell International Inc.
6.6 Avago Technologies Inc.
6.7 Fargo Controls Inc.
6.8 Omron Corporation
6.9 IFM Electronic GmbH
6.10 Pepperl + Fuchs GmbH
6.11 Fargo Controls
6.12 SICK AG
7. Investment Analysis
7.1 Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
7.2 Investment Scenario & Opportunities
8. Future of Proximity Sensors Market