The Japan market for factory automation and industrial controls is expected to grow to USD 20.10 billion by 2021 from USD 13.11 billion in 2015, with an estimated CAGR of 8.92% over the forecasted period. With a regional market share of around 30% in 2015, Japan is the second largest market within the Asia-Pacific region.
Increased exports to emerging economies such as India, China and growing advancements in automation and robotic technologies are some of the key factors driving the market in the country. Severe competition from regional companies and technology leakage can be regarded as major reasons for the slowed down growth of factory automation and industrial control systems market in the country. Moreover, Japan with its highly developed robotic sector and automation technologies can be regarded as one of the global leaders in the employment of robotics and automation in the production processes.
Industrial robots contributed largely to the Japanese factory automation and industrial control systems market. Efficiency, safety, ergonomics, speed, reliability and cost-optimization are some of the factors that made the industrial robots propel the market for factory automation in the country. Remote terminal units, enabling the control of machines across an entire floor, and developments in the wireless technology, have opened new avenues for the factory automation market in Japan. The recovering automotive industry and spike in the food processing industry, due to the busy life styles, has been witnessed in Japan during the past five years. This resulted in an increased product demand from the consumers, in-turn, forcing the manufacturers to adopt automation and enhance their productivity.
The report analyses the market based on application segregated by the end-user industry. Detailed market shares are given and forecasts for the next five years are estimated. The major companies in the market like ABB, General Electric, Siemens, among others, are studied, and their strategies are analysed. Recent developments and their impact on the market are also analysed.
Key Deliverables of the Study
• Market analysis of the Japan factory automation and industrial controls market, with region-specific assessment and competition analysis on a regional scale.
• Market definition, along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
• Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a regional scale.
• Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies, along with their market share.
• Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Japan factory automation and industrial controls market on a regional scale.
• A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
• A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
• Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is growing and identify the regions that are still untapped.
1. KEY FINDINGS OF THE STUDY
2. Executive Summary
3. MARKET OVERVIEW
3.1 Market Segmentation
3.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
3.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.5 Industry Policies
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.2.1 Focus Towards Cost Cutting and Business Process Improvement
4.2.2 Internet-of-Things and Machine to Machine Technologies is Driving the Market Growth
4.3.1 High Installation Costs
4.3.2 Lack of Skilled Workforce is Preventing Enterprises to Go For Full-Scale Adoption of Factory Automation Solutions
5. Technology Overview
5.1 Technology Snapshot
5.2 Deployment Models
5.3 Ongoing Developments
5.4 Applications of Factory Automation Solutions
6. Japan Factory Automation Market by Products
7. Japan Factory Automation Market by End-User Industry
7.1.1 Market Size and Forecast
7.1.2 Analyst View
7.2.1 Market Size and Forecast
7.2.2 Analyst View
7.3.1 Market Size and Forecast
7.3.2 Analyst View
7.4.1 Market Size and Forecast
7.4.2 Analyst View
7.5.1 Market Size and Forecast
7.5.2 Analyst View
7.6 Food Processing
7.6.1 Market Size and Forecast
7.6.2 Analyst View
7.7.1 Market Size and Forecast
7.7.2 Analyst View
8. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
8.1 Rockwell Automation
8.1.2 Major Products and Services
8.1.4 Recent Developments
8.2.2 Major Products and Services
8.2.4 Recent Developments
8.3.2 Major Products and Services
8.3.4 Recent Developments
8.4.2 Major Products and Services
8.4.4 Recent Developments
8.5.2 Major Products and Services
8.5.4 Recent Developments
8.6 Dassault Systems
8.6.2 Major Products and Services
8.6.4 Recent Developments
8.7.2 Major Products and Services
8.7.4 Recent Developments
8.8.2 Major Products and Services
8.8.4 Recent Developments
8.9 Schneider Electric
8.9.2 Major Products and Services
8.9.4 Recent Developments
8.10.2 Major Products and Services
8.10.4 Recent Developments
8.11.2 Major Products and Services
8.11.4 Recent Developments
8.12.2 Major Products and Services
8.12.4 Recent Developments
8.13.2 Major Products and Services
8.13.4 Recent Developments
8.14 Texas Instruments
8.14.2 Major Products and Services
8.14.4 Recent Developments
8.15 Johnson Controls
8.15.2 Major Products and Services
8.15.4 Recent Developments
9. Investment Analysis
9.1 Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
9.2 Role of Business Accelerators
9.3 Investment Outlook
10. Future of Japan Factory Automation Market