Industrial Vacuum Cleaner Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia-Pacific|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Industrial Vacuum Cleaner Market Analysis
The industrial vacuum cleaner market is expected to register a CAGR of 5.2% during the forecast period. The establishment of stringent safety and hygiene standards across industries is driving the demand for industrial vacuum cleaners in the market.
- Pneumatic technology is the fastest-growing segment in the market as these systems operate on compressed air-driven pumps that function on Bernoulli's principle. The wide availability of electrical vacuums of different types, such as canisters, upright, and backpacks for commercial and industrial purposes, is augmenting the growth of this segment in the global market.
- High labor costs and increasing complexity of operations in manufacturing stations and other industries constantly increasing the threat of injuries contribute to the increased adoption of industrial vacuum cleaners. However, high machinery costs, complex and significant structures of the machines, and lesser availability of spare parts would restrict the industrial vacuum cleaners market growth.
- Furthermore, the pharmaceutical industries require maximum control of suspended substances (vapors and DUST). In addition, a high degree of hygiene, sterilization, and cleaning is mandatory to prevent contamination in laboratories, clean rooms, and production sites. Therefore, industries depend on pneumatic industrial vacuum cleaners. One such example is the industrial vacuum cleaner offered by DU-PUY. The machine is designed with stainless steel, ATEX certification, absolute class H filtration, minimum sound level, and customized modifications on the machines.
- Moreover, according to the US Census Bureau, the value of US commercial building construction reached USD 91.03 billion in 2021 compared to USD 86.82 billion in 2020. Commercial construction recovery is expected to drive more demand for industrial vacuum cleaners that are likely to be used for cleaning the dust generated by cement, concrete, marble, wood, metal, aluminum, gypsum, and granite.
- The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic affected the market for vacuum technologies in the initial months due to supply chain and logistics disruption. However, these solutions started to gain traction as the manufacturing units reopened after the initial stages of the lockdown. According to AltasCopco, order volumes for equipment increased during the pandemic, mainly due to increased demand for vacuum equipment in the semiconductor industry. With such a change in the vacuum equipment market, the demand for vacuum cleaners increased.
Industrial Vacuum Cleaner Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Industrial Vacuum Cleaner Market according to our research experts:
Food and Beverages Industry to Witness Significant Growth
- The stringent government regulations regarding safety and hygiene in the food and beverage industry prove to be a significant driver for the growth of Industrial Vacuum Cleaners in the market.
- In the food and beverages industry, industrial vacuum cleaners are not only used for cleaning the production area, production lines, ovens, and laboratories but also for the transport of powders and granules (sugar, cocoa, coffee, etc.), the suction of food waste (liquid, solid, dusty), and suction of scraps and cut-outs from packaging machines.
- In 2021, consumer spending reached almost GBP 118 Billion (~USD 140 Billion) in the United Kingdom. According to gov.uk, the food industry also had a central role in the government's leveling up agenda in June 2022. It is present in every part of the country. It is the largest manufacturing sector in the United Kingdom, more significant than automotive and aerospace combined.
- Many market players are providing vacuum cleaners for automated cleaning processes. For instance, in February 2022, Piab launched a vacuum cleaner and gripper for food industry automation. The piSoftgrip100-4 has four gripping fingers and a vacuum cavity, allowing it to hold objects up to 100 mm wide for suction cleaning. It is made in one piece, producing a robust and straightforward product. The vacuum gripper can automate the handling and cleaning of fresh, unpackaged, and delicate food items without the risk of crushing them. The piSoftgripvacuum cleaner is a robust solution for sensitive and fragile objects.
- The highest risk for the food industry is food contamination. Preventing microbial and cross-contamination becomes crucial to avoid paying the heavy economic sanctions provided for those who do not abide by the rules of good manufacturing practices (GMP) or those who do not implement the HACCP protocol in the manufacturing process organization. Using industrial vacuums eliminates the possibility of food contamination; therefore, such regulations will boost the demand for vacuum cleaners.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific to be the Fastest Growing Market
- The rising adoption of modern technologies in industrial and commercial uses will drive the demand in the Asian-pacific industrial vacuum cleaner market. The increased demand from China, Japan, and India primarily drives the growth.
- Growing industrial automation and rising demand from industrial consumers are some of the significant factors contributing to the fastest growth of the industrial vacuum cleaners market in the Asia-Pacific.
- In March 2022, Dyson, the bagless vacuum cleaner inventor, announced investing SGD 1.5 billion (~USD 1.1 Billion) in Singapore over the next four years, the newest phase of an SGD 4.9 billion (~USD 3.5 billion) global investment plan.
- The negative impact of COVID-19 not only on APAC but also on the rest of the world would increase the emphasis on cleanliness in workspaces. This could positively impact the growth of industrial vacuum cleaners.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Industrial Vacuum Cleaner Industry Overview
The industrial vacuum cleaner market is very competitive. The market is fragmented due to various small and large players. Some of the significant players in the market are Quirepace Limited, Delfin Industrial Vacuums, Pullman Ermator Inc., Hoover Commercial, Polivac International Pty Ltd, VAC-U-MAX. The companies are increasing the market share by forming multiple partnerships and investing in introducing new products to earn a competitive edge during the forecast period.
- August 2021 - Alfred Kärcher SE & Co. KG partnered with European Customer Synergy. In the coming years, Kärcher and ECS aim to strengthen cooperation and focus on innovation, reducing operational costs for ECS and sustainability. For this purpose, Kärcher provides a comprehensive, coordinated offer of cleaning machines, digital products, cleaning agents, and manual equipment. Kärcher offers a software solution that digitally maps the processes relating to all tasks carried out by building service providers. Artificial intelligence enables the needs-oriented, efficient, and transparent organization of the daily cleaning sequences with vacuum cleaners and higher-level management processes.
- March 2021 - RGS Vacuum Systems collaborated with Energy Group-3D printing solutions to develop the Additive Manufacturing market for the world of plastic and metal. Energy Group, a leader in technology and printers and a key player in the additive manufacturing market, has chosen RGS VACUUM SYSTEMS, reliable and competent, with its range of vacuum cleaners.
Industrial Vacuum Cleaner Market Leaders
Alfred Kärcher GmbH & Co. KG
American Vacuum Company
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Industrial Vacuum Cleaner Market News
- September 2022 - Guardair Corporation launched the PulseAir Vacuum/Dust Extractor Line. It is powered by compressed air and powerful industrial vacuums with a proprietary, button-activated system that is engineered to clean the vacuum filter without opening the unit.
- April 2022 - Numatic announced that the company could be looking to construct a new base measuring around the same size as two football pitches designed to manufacture Henry Vacuums. Plans have been revealed for a massive new Henry Vacuum factory in Somerset. Due to the evolving production methods, the company needs to expand its commercial operations. It is seeking to invest in new purpose-built production facilities for its flagship product, the Henry Vacuum.
Industrial Vacuum Cleaner Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Impact of COVID-19 on the Industrial Vacuum Cleaner Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increasing Industrial Automation
5.1.2 Stringent Safety and Hygiene Standards
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 High Machinery Cost and Heavy Structure of Vacuums
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Product Type
6.2 By Power Source
6.3 By End-user Industry
6.3.1 Food and Beverages
6.3.2 Metal Working
6.3.5 Building and Construction
6.3.6 Other End-user Industries
6.4 By Geography
6.4.1 North America
6.4.4 Latin America
6.4.5 Middle East and Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Quirepace Limited
7.1.2 Delfin Industrial Vacuums
7.1.3 Pullman Ermator Inc.
7.1.4 Hoover Commercial
7.1.5 Polivac International Pty Ltd
7.1.7 Tennant Company
7.1.8 Robert Bosch GmbH
7.1.9 Numatic International Ltd
7.1.10 Nilfisk Inc.
7.1.11 Kerstar UK Ltd
7.1.12 Oreck Corporation
7.1.13 British Vacuum Company
7.1.14 American Vacuum Company
7.1.15 Alfred Karcher GmbH and Co. KG
7.1.16 RGS Vacuum Systems
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Industrial Vacuum Cleaner Market Research FAQs
What is the current Industrial Vacuum Cleaner Market size?
The Industrial Vacuum Cleaner Market is projected to register a CAGR of 5.2% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Who are the key players in Industrial Vacuum Cleaner Market?
Alfred Kärcher GmbH & Co. KG, Tennant Company, American Vacuum Company, Nilfisk, Inc. and Hoover Commercial are the major companies operating in the Industrial Vacuum Cleaner Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Industrial Vacuum Cleaner Market?
Asia-Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2028).
Which region has the biggest share in Industrial Vacuum Cleaner Market?
In 2023, the Europe accounts for the largest market share in the Industrial Vacuum Cleaner Market.
Industrial Vacuum Cleaner Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Industrial Vacuum Cleaner market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Industrial Vacuum Cleaner analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.