Indonesia is one of the rapidly emerging South-Asian economies, a growth that is being compared with the yesteryear tiger economies. The growth is fuelled by the rapidly increasing urbanization and industrial rates. This demographic change is very crucial to the future growth of the pet food market. Humanization of pets has become the new trend among the nuclear Indonesian household. This was further boosted by increasing single-populations who preferred to have a pet companion along with them. Larger low and middle income group Indonesian populations are favoring the growth of economic pet foods. The major constrain offered by the region is that owning a dog is considered a taboo among the Muslim populations of Indonesia. Further, even touching a canine is considered ‘haram’. This can be witnessed from larger cat population in the country compared to the dogs. The rise in internet sales and growth of e-commerce is important in the convenience oriented pet food markets.
The Indonesia pet food market has been segmented by product, pricing, animals and sales channel type. Pet Meal and Treats together accounted for over 90% of the market share in terms of volume. The market for organic products is on the rise, due to higher demand for diets with natural ingredients from the health aware consumers. This market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.1% for the next 5 years. Cats are preferred more as a pet companion to dogs due to the religious constraints in the country. Dogs account to around 30% of the Indonesia pet population while around 2million cats are petted in the country. Economic pet food was the major and matured segment in terms of value in 2014, due to large number of lower and middle class populations.
International brands accounted to over 95% of the Indonesia Pet food market while that of local brands summed up the remaining 5%. Nestle Purina with its dominant presence in both cat and dog food segment is the leader in the Indonesia Pet food market with around 29% market share. Mars Indonesia closely followed Nestle with 26% market share. Other manufacturers registered 36% of the pet food market share. These include international companies such as Holistic select, Ecotrition, Total ailments, Wellness pet food, Natural life, Nutro choice, Nutrisource. Local products such as Feli Cat, Vittamax and My dear cat are slowly gaining prominence due to their higher discounts on online retail channels.
In this report we offer,
- Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the Indonesia Pet Food Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies, which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
- Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the Indonesia Pet Food Market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Why should you buy this report?
- For getting a comprehensive overview of the Indonesia Pet Food Market
- To gain wide-ranging information about the major players in this industry and the strategies adopted by them.
- To gain an insight about the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and also identify the regions, which are untapped.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 General Study Assumptions
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.2 Analysis Methodology
2.3 Study Phases
2.4 Econometric Forecast Model
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. POTERS FIVE FORCE ANALYSIS
4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Product (Market Volume, Market Value)
6.1.1 Dry Pet Foods
6.1.2 Wet Pet Foods
6.1.3 Treats and Snacks
6.1.4 Others(Organic Products, Veterinary diets)
6.2 By Pricing
6.2.1 Economic Segment
6.2.2 Mid-price Segment
6.2.3 Premium Segment
6.3 By Animal Type
6.4 By Sales Channels
6.4.1 Specialized Pet Shops
6.4.2 Internet Sales
6.4.4 Others (Grocery, Non-Grocery Stores)
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.2 Market Share Analysis
8. COMPANY PROFILES
8.1 Mars Inc
8.2 Hill's Pet Nutrition
8.3 Uni-Charm Corp
8.4 InVivo NSA
8.5 Eagle Pack Natural Pet Food