France Hotel Restaurants & Institutional (HRI) Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
France Hotel Restaurants & Institutional (HRI) Market Analysis
The France HRI market is projected to register a CAGR of 2.01% during the forecast period.
- The market has witnessed a significant impact due to the COVID-19 impact. The country's government set various guidelines, including the closure of cafes, bars, fast food restaurants, hotels, cafeterias, and others, along with restrictions on social movements in the country to curb the situation, which in turn affected the industry.
- Moreover, the country has gone through multiple lockdowns, and only home delivery or takeaway was allowed, which furth impacted the market sales. Most players adapted quickly to offer takeaway, home delivery, and" click and collect" options to mitigate their losses and maintain the market's growth.
- The market is primarily driven by the increasing inclination and investment toward technological developments, such as robotics, the Internet of Things (IoT), blockchain, and others, and is simplifying the food industry in France. Market players are incorporating these technologies to enhance the operation of their kitchens.
- For instance, in January 2022, PAZZI, a kitchen software and robotics start-up based in France, launched a fully automated kitchen solution for the food and beverage industry. The new solution is based on fully automated procedures performed by robotics.
- Moreover, food service establishments are developing a customer-centric approach or strategies to increase the repetitive orders from them. Personalization, indulgence toward healthy eating habits, and reduced food wastage have become some of the major concentration points for restaurants and other foodservice organizations.
France Hotel Restaurants & Institutional (HRI) Industry Segmentation
The HRI (Hotel, Restaurant, and Institution) food service industry is responsible for offering meals to customers. The HRI industry depends on disposable income, leisure time, and complete customer satisfaction.
The France HRI market has been segmented by type and by structure. By type, the market is segmented into consumer foodservice, hotels, and institutional (catering), where the consumer foodservice segment is further bifurcated into cafes and bars, full-service restaurants, fast food restaurants, pizza consumer food service, self-service cafeterias, 100% home delivery/takeaway, and street stalls/kiosks. By structure, the market is segmented into independent and chained outlets.
For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done based on value (in USD million).
France Hotel Restaurants & Institutional (HRI) Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the France Hotel Restaurants & Institutional (HRI) Market according to our research experts:
100% Home Delivery/Takeaway to drive the Market
- The 100% home delivery/takeaway segment is projected to grow with a rising trend. The growing digital platforms developing delivery services for full-service restaurants and fast-food operators are supporting the segment's growth.
- Consumers demand delicious restaurant food in the comfort of their homes, thus benefiting the 100% home delivery food operators. For instance, 29% of French households ordered food at home regularly before the pandemic, which naturally increased due to the lockdown.
- Moreover, the country's growing preference for the cloud kitchen concept (a restaurant model free from front-of-house and serving the food-delivery market) drives the 100% home delivery/takeaway market growth during the forecast period. Furthermore, the increasing number of online food delivery services in the country, like Uber Eats, Deliveroo, Eat, and others, are boosting the food service market in France.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Rising Demand for Fast Food Among Younger Generation
- French people are very passionate about their food culture, and young consumers prefer to eat fast food such as pizza, sandwiches, burgers, and others. The rising preference of consumers towards fast food, the increased frequency of eating outside the home or dining out, and the hectic life schedule are boosting the market's growth.
- Consumers prefer food places that offer a diverse variety of food products with superior taste. Furthermore, changing lifestyle and eating habits and the strong presence of food service providers offering different cuisines and great dining or food delivery experience is further propelling the market's growth.
- Millennials and Gen Z consumers are slowly changing their traditional French eating habits and are opting for convenient, on-the-go, and fast food to adapt to a faster-paced lifestyle. The increasing population of millennials and the increasing number of consumers depending on food delivery apps to order food conveniently is likely to drive the market's growth.
France Hotel Restaurants & Institutional (HRI) Industry Overview
The France HRI market needs to be more cohesive owing to the presence of large international, regional, and domestic players. The players emphasize strategic developments such as expansion, partnership, mergers, acquisitions, and new product innovation to boost their brand presence among consumers. Furthermore, the emergence of new players in the country is creating stiff competition in the market. For instance, in January 2023, Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen, Inc. planned to open 300 restaurants by 2030 in France as a part of its expansion plan.
France Hotel Restaurants & Institutional (HRI) Market Leaders
Yum! Brands, Inc.
Groupe Le Duff
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
France Hotel Restaurants & Institutional (HRI) Market News
- December 2022: McDonald's Corporation announced the launch of a new sandwich McBaguettes. The new sandwich is launched in partnership with Netflix to promote the third season of a popular series called Emily in Paris. The new sandwich offers two beef patties, mustard sauce, and two slices of Swiss cheese.
- June 2022: Groupe Bertrand brand Burger King launched Veggie Cheese and Bacon, a meat-free burger, in partnership with La Vie, a French company. With the partnership, the company aimed to expand its product portfolio.
- September 2022: KFC, a brand of Yum! Brands, Inc. expanded its business in France by opening its 300th restaurant in Rouen, France. The company aimed to expand its presence in the country.
France Hotel Restaurants & Institutional (HRI) Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Deliverables and Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Consumer Foodservice
184.108.40.206 Cafes and Bars
220.127.116.11 Full-service Restaurants
18.104.22.168 Fast Food
22.214.171.124 Pizza Consumer Foodservice
126.96.36.199 Self-service Cafeterias
188.8.131.52 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway
184.108.40.206 Street Stalls/Kiosks
5.1.3 Institutional (Catering)
5.2.1 Independent Outlet
5.2.2 Chained Outlet
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Strategies Adopted by Key Players
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Buffalo Grill SA
6.3.3 Yum! Brands, Inc.
6.3.4 McDonald's Corporation
6.3.5 Agapes Restauration
6.3.6 Starbucks Corporation
6.3.8 Groupe Le Duff
6.3.9 Domino's Pizza, Inc.
6.3.10 Groupe Bertrand
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
8. IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON THE MARKET
France Hotel Restaurants & Institutional (HRI) Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The France HRI (Hotel Restaurants and Institutional) Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of France HRI (Hotel Restaurants and Institutional) Market?
The France HRI (Hotel Restaurants and Institutional) Market is growing at a CAGR of 2.01% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in France HRI (Hotel Restaurants and Institutional) Market?
Agapes Restauration, Yum! Brands, Inc., McDonald's Corporation, Groupe Bertrand, Groupe Le Duff are the major companies operating in France HRI (Hotel Restaurants and Institutional) Market.
France HRI Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 France HRI market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. France HRI analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.