Aseptic Packaging Market Size
|Market Size (2023)||USD 63.95 Billion|
|Market Size (2028)||USD 105.21 Billion|
|CAGR (2023 - 2028)||10.47 %|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market||Asia Pacific|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Aseptic Packaging Market Analysis
The Aseptic Packaging Market size is expected to grow from USD 63.95 billion in 2023 to USD 105.21 billion by 2028, at a CAGR of 10.47% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Aseptic packaging is packaging a product at ultra-high temperature (UHT), sterilizing or sanitizing the packaging separately, and fusing and sealing under sterile atmospheric conditions to avoid viral and bacterial contamination. In addition, it maintains the quality of the package contents and does not require preservatives, benefiting the global aseptic packaging market.
- Sustainable packaging and longer shelf life are essential to consumers in the food and beverage industry. As a result, most food and beverage vendors are inclining toward aseptic packaging due to its cost and environmental benefits. Also, as aseptic packaging supports packaging through recyclable cartons and eco-friendly pouches and bags, which often target consumers that prefer small-quantity packaging and make purchases more frequently, the demand for such products is considerably high worldwide.
- Changing consumer eating habits lead to an increased preference for ready-to-eat meals and increased demand for convenient, high-quality food products, opening more doors for market growth. A gradual increase in global e-commerce sales and growth opportunities in emerging markets is anticipated to present significant opportunities for the sterile packaging market during the forecast period.
- Market players invest in R&D to stay ahead of developing industries. New product launches also support market demand. However, the pharmaceutical industry's demand for aseptic packaging is also increasing. Governments of various countries are increasingly spending on the healthcare sector to boost the growth of the aseptic packaging market.
- The increasing awareness regarding the ecological effect of single-use plastic and unsustainable business practices has encouraged consumers to demand a higher standard of products with less environmental impact. This has made many market players shift to high-cost sustainable packaging, which can hamper the growth of the market.
- During COVID-19, the market grew significantly. Due to the pandemic, customers shifted toward online retail and panic stocking, which increased demand for essential food items such as milk, baby food, and vegetables. The COVID-19 pandemic affected aseptic packaging materials in developing and developed countries. Moreover, the strong demand for sterilized packaged foods has encouraged investment in the landscape. Industry players expect the healthcare industry to show strong demand for packaging technology.
Aseptic Packaging Market Trends
Growing Demand for Beverages to Drive the Market
- The growing popularity of on-the-go beverages and the increasing number of outlets are expected to boost the market's growth in the beverage industry. The change in consumer needs provides packaging producers with several options for meeting innovative packaging needs in the beverage industry.
- Consumers frequently grab convenient and functional drinks, such as RTD coffee and tea, energy drinks, and other beverages that can be consumed whenever and wherever they need a boost. As such, non-alcoholic beverages that offer functional and practical benefits that are relatively healthy and natural can appeal to busy consumers. Leveraging the natural, energy-boosting characteristics of electrolytes, vitamins, minerals, and other natural ingredients in new product formulations can help brands target a specific consumer base.
- The increased demand for nutraceutical beverages and products due to several healthy ingredients such as vegetables and fruits and rising global demand for milk-based drinks are expected to boost global functional growth, presumed to be an essential factor for the beverage market during the forecast period.
- The increasing demand for instant energy drinks that provide mental and physical stimulation among fitness enthusiasts is projected to create significant growth opportunities for the functional beverage market during the forecast period.
- Consumers in the market are becoming increasingly conscious of health and wellness. From juice in the morning to energy drinks, they are spending more on products that provide refreshments and are well within the wellness trend. This trend has created a high demand for cost-effective packaging solutions in the beverage packaging segment. The increasing demand for aseptic cartons from the milk and other dairy beverages sectors may trigger additional activity in the market due to cartons' ability to offer benefits like easy stacking of products and longer shelf life.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific to Witness Fastest Growth
- China is one of the major consumers of aseptic packaging in the Asia-Pacific region. The growing consumption of food and beverages is anticipated to support the market's growth during the forecast period. The growing trend of packed meals, the increasing number of restaurants and supermarkets, and the increasing bottled water and beverage consumption are significant factors driving the market in the country.
- In India, the industry is driven by a growing population, increased income, and changing lifestyles. Growth prospects of end-user segments are leading to a rise in the demand for the rigid plastic packaging industry. In addition, the market's expansion products are being constrained by the increased use of alternative packaging options for a pouch packaging. Due to the rapidly growing demand for packaged food goods and increased disposable income, India is projected to hold a significant share of the Asia-Pacific aseptic packing market.
- Consumers increasingly use retort pouches in Japan, particularly for sauces and curries. Retort pouches can replace conventional cans since they are made of laminated plastic and aluminum, which can withstand the thermal processing used for sterilizing. Pouch packaging is more affordable than cans, especially in nations that import metal for canning, which is the key driver promoting acceptance in Japan.
- Australia is one of the Asia-Pacific region's fastest-growing packaging markets. The meat, fresh produce, and processed food industries are growing nationwide. Rising consumer ethical concerns and trends in health and well-being have sustained the demand for locally produced, fresh food. In addition, the use of single-serve and reusable packaging options such as pouches has increased along with the country's tendency to snack over the years. The demand for RTD pouches is also being fueled by the steadily rising demand for dairy products and fresh fruit juices.
- Under the Asia-Pacific region, other countries like South Korea, Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, Singapore, Bangladesh, Taiwan, Malaysia, etc., also have high potential scope for gaining a considerable share in the market studied.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Aseptic Packaging Industry Overview
The aseptic packaging market is highly competitive and consists of several major players dominating the market. With a prominent share in the market, these major players are focusing on expanding their customer bases across foreign countries. These companies are leveraging strategic collaborative initiatives to increase their market shares and strengthen their product capabilities through acquisitions, product launches, etc. Some of the major players in the market are Amcor Ltd, IPI SRL (Coesia Group), Tetra Pak International SA, Sealed Air Corporation, SIG Combibloc Group, and Schott AG.
- In February 2023, SIG will build its first aseptic carton facility in India, the world's largest milk market and one of the major juice producers. The facility will be in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. The investment will pay for cutting-edge manufacturing capabilities for aseptic carton packs that meet strict environmental criteria for printing and finishing.
- In November 2022, Amcor PLC unveiled its aim to make all its aseptic products recyclable. Amcor has made progress toward its goal of having all products recyclable, reusable, or compostable by 2025, with 74% of the company's total production weight already being designed to be a recyclable number of creative solutions with more eco-friendly features steadily increasing.
Aseptic Packaging Market Leaders
IPI SRL (Coesia Group)
Tetra Pak International SA
Sealed Air Corporation
SIG Combibloc Group
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Aseptic Packaging Market News
- February 2023 - NotCreme and NotMilk High Protein products are now available in SIG carton boxes owing to a partnership between NotCo and SIG. The relationship with SIG enhances the company's knowledge and adaptability in the field of plant-based foods. SIG will also provide NotMilk Original, zero-sugar, semi-sugar, and chocolate milk products in aseptic carton packs.
- November 2022 - Tetra Pak released India's first Tetra Stelo aseptic package. The leading nutrition brand in The Coca-Cola Company's portfolio in India, Minute Maid, now prefers Tetra Stelo packaging. This is the first Tetra Stelo Aseptic package for The Coca-Cola Company, which was introduced in the Asia-Pacific region.
Aseptic Packaging Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.4 Assessment of the Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
4.5 Beverage Industry Landscape
4.5.1 Beverage Industry Landscape - Alcoholic Beverages
4.5.2 Beverage Industry Landscape - Non-alcoholic Beverages
4.6 Aseptic Packaging for Beverages - Demand Insights
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Growing Demand for Beverages
5.1.2 Commodity Value of Glass Increased with Recyclability
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Volatility in the Raw Material Prices
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Product
6.1.1 Cartons (Tetrapak, Combibloc, Etc.)
6.1.2 Bags and Pouches
6.1.5 Other Products (Vials, Ampoules, Syringes, Cups, Etc)
6.2 By Application
126.96.36.199 Ready-to-drink Beverages
188.8.131.52 Dairy-based Beverages
184.108.40.206 Other Beverages
220.127.116.11 Processed Food
18.104.22.168 Fruits and Vegetables
22.214.171.124 Dairy Food
126.96.36.199 Other Foods
6.3 By Geography
6.3.1 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
18.104.22.168 Australia and New Zealand (Pacific)
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.3.4 Latin America
126.96.36.199 Rest of Latin America
6.3.5 Middle East and Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Amcor Ltd.
7.1.2 IPI SRL (Coesia Group)
7.1.3 Tetra Pak International SA
7.1.4 Sealed Air Corporation
7.1.5 SIG Combibloc Group
7.1.6 Schott AG
7.1.7 Coveris Holdings SA
7.1.8 DS Smith PLC
7.1.9 Uflex Limited
7.1.10 Elopak AS
7.1.11 BIBP SP ZOO
7.1.12 CDF Corporation
7.1.13 Smurfit Kappa
7.1.14 Becton, Dickinson & Co.
7.1.15 Mondi PLC
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Aseptic Packaging Market Research FAQs
How big is the Global Aseptic Packaging Market?
The Global Aseptic Packaging Market size is expected to reach USD 63.95 billion in 2023 and grow at a CAGR of 10.47% to reach USD 105.21 billion by 2028.
What is the current Global Aseptic Packaging Market size?
In 2023, the Global Aseptic Packaging Market size is expected to reach USD 63.95 billion.
Who are the key players in Global Aseptic Packaging Market?
Amcor Ltd., IPI SRL (Coesia Group), Tetra Pak International SA, Sealed Air Corporation and SIG Combibloc Group are the major companies operating in the Global Aseptic Packaging Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Global Aseptic Packaging Market?
Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2028).
Which region has the biggest share in Global Aseptic Packaging Market?
In 2023, the Asia Pacific accounts for the largest market share in the Global Aseptic Packaging Market.
Aseptic Packaging Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Aseptic Packaging market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Aseptic Packaging analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.