Europe Hair Colorants Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Forecast Data Period||2023 - 2028|
|Historical Data Period||2018 - 2021|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Europe Hair Colorants Market Analysis
- During the time frame of the forecast, the Europe Hair Colorants Market is expected to register a CAGR of 5.1%.
- The market is driven by the increasing number of fashionable trends, changing lifestyles in emerging economies, and rising urbanization, which is boosting the adoption rate of hair colors across the region. Moreover, the rising penetration rate of professional salons and spa services is expected to fuel the growth of the European hair color market. Furthermore, extensive research and development in the field to meet the customer's need for a chemical-free coloring product have further fueled the market's growth. Thus, the new product offerings focused on herbal and natural ingredients, promoting hair growth. Also, other players, such as Kao Corporation, offer a new hair coloring product, Pure Pigments, which uses "HD3 Dye Technology" based on new nonreactive hair dye developed through joint research with FUJIFILM Corporation and the Dresden University of Technology in Germany.
- One of the key factors driving growth in the hair color market is innovation in product formulation and format. Hair color is available in pre-measured sachets that are convenient to use. Presently, most hair color manufacturers produce hair colors that help brighten the hair, contributing to the popularity of the product among consumers. This is followed by hair color variants that claim to be long-lasting, easy to use, and herbal. These innovations have led to an increase in customer acquisition, product visibility, and adoption rate, driving the price quotient of the market. Moreover, companies are making innovations in hair color products by carefully opting for ingredients that are gentle on hair and provide results in a shorter period of time.
Europe Hair Colorants Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Europe Hair Colorants Market according to our research experts:
Rise in Spending on Hair Dressing Salons
The growth in the hair color segment in Europe is driven by the modern and changing lifestyles of consumers, with rising consumer spending on hairdressing, salons, and personal grooming to enhance their appearance while experimenting with new and different products, which drives the hair colorants market in the country. COVID-19 significantly impacted the spending on hairdressing salons and personal grooming establishments in 2020 due to lockdown restrictions and the closure of such stores. Still, in 2021, it gained pace again and is expected to gain a significant market share in the coming years.
Moreover, companies are introducing new hair color products using developed technologies and expanding their presence to gain a competitive advantage and garner a more extensive consumer base. For instance, in October 2022, Henkel launched the first B2B2C hyper-personalized professional hair care brand, SalonLab&Me. Henkel followed the megatrend of personalization by combining the expertise of a hairdresser with a digital experience. It provided hyper-personalized hair care recommendations, matching the exact hair type, and offered customers customized label colors and their preferred fragrance.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Rising Demand for Permanent Hair Colorants in the Region
Permanent hair colorants account for the most significant share of the hair colorant market. This market is driven by an aging population that prefers to use a dye that has a long-lasting effect. These permanent hair colorants are mostly achieved through the use of oxidation dyes. However, for several years, concerns have been raised about the safety of oxidative hair dyes, or "permanent hair dyes." Therefore, companies are launching hair colorants that contain permitted ingredients, such as PPD (paraphenylenediamine or p-phenylenediamine), eventually resulting in the purity of the hair colorants. Rising disposable income, coupled with the increasing popularity of the product segment and growing awareness about personal grooming among both men and women, is boosting segment growth. People prefer to return to their natural appearances by using permanent hair dyes. Many vendors are offering permanent hair colors that are fade-resistant and require minimal color maintenance. Such application-based hair colors available in the market are expected to drive the growth of the permanent hair color segment of the market in focus during the forecast period. Loreal, Clairol, Revlon, Herbatint, and Bigen are a few of the permanent hair colorants from various brands that are accessible in different regions and that customers can use on their own or with the help of hair professionals.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Europe Hair Colorants Industry Overview
The European hair colorants market is highly competitive, with many domestic and multinational players competing for market share. Key players dominating the regional market include L'Oréal S.A., Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Revlon, Inc., Coty, Inc., and Kao Corporation. Emphasis is given to the companies' mergers, expansions, acquisitions, partnerships, and new product developments as strategic approaches adopted by the leading companies to boost their brand presence among consumers. Apart from product innovations and mergers and acquisitions, considering global environmental and human health issues, the players are also adopting sustainable initiatives to accelerate the hair care and coloring industry's progress in addressing plastic waste. For instance, Umberto Giannini relaunched its packaging. The company switched to more sustainable packaging and made its packaging 100% recyclable.
Europe Hair Colorants Market Leaders
Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Europe Hair Colorants Market News
- October 2022: Material science company The Unseen Beauty launched a color-changing hair product. Color Alchemy was available in five iridescent shades that morphed into molten colors according to temperature and sunlight. The product was suitable for even very dark hair, and the color range for each was kaleidoscopic, with shades such as Borealis, which transforms from clover green to flame orange to imperial violet, and Phoenix, which transitions from burnt orange to pollen yellow to ultraviolet.
- May 2022: Henkel's hair colorant brand Schwarzkopf Professional, in collaboration with alchemists from The Unseen, launched a prismatic, holographic hair color that's reactive to temperature, Color Alchemy. The palette was inspired by colors and effects found in nature, like peacock feathers or a scarab beetle shell, and included five prismatic, color-changing hair dyes. Each shade scattered light in a kaleidoscopic array of hues that transformed and shifted in response to temperature. The effects do not require pre-lightening or bleaching treatments, even on the darkest hair base.
- February 2021: Henkel's hair colorant brand Schwarzkopf Professional introduced a new range of color-enabling products. The new range of colors included Bond Enforcing Color Remover, the FIBREPLEX System, and IGORA Expert Kit products. Customers have different hair and skin needs, from porous hair to color build-up, skin damage to delicate skin, and everything in between. All of these factors were taken into consideration while offering the products.
Europe Hair Colorants Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Product Type
5.1.3 Permanent Colorants
5.1.4 Semi-Permanent Colorants
5.1.5 Other Product Types
5.2 Distribution Channel
5.2.2 Convenience Stores
5.2.3 Specialist Retailers
5.2.4 Online Retail Stores
5.2.5 Other Distribution Channels
5.3.1 United Kingdom
5.3.7 Rest of Europe
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 L'Oréal S.A.
6.3.2 Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
6.3.3 Revlon, Inc.
6.3.4 Coty Inc.
6.3.5 Kao Corporation
6.3.6 Core Equity Holdings (Provalliance)
6.3.7 Eugène Perma Professional
6.3.8 The Gypsy Shrine Ltd
6.3.9 Umberto Giannini Hair Cosmetics Ltd
6.3.10 Crazy Color Ltd.
6.3.11 The Unseen Beauty
6.3.12 Laboratorios Phergal S.A.
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Europe Hair Colorants Market Research FAQs
What is the current Europe Hair Colorants Market size?
The Europe Hair Colorants Market is projected to register a CAGR of 5.1% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Who are the key players in Europe Hair Colorants Market?
L'Oréal S.A., Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Revlon, Inc., Coty Inc. and Kao Corporation are the major companies operating in the Europe Hair Colorants Market.
Europe Hair Colorants Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Europe Hair Colorants market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Europe Hair Colorants analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.