Hair Colorants Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia Pacific|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Hair Colorants Market Analysis
The hair colorants market size is estimated at USD 14,081.75 million in 2023 and is expected to reach USD 18,386.84 million by 2028, registering a CAGR of 5.48% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- The increasing global aging population and the growing consciousness among older adults about their physical appearance drive market growth. Due to rising concerns among individuals about the negative health impact of toxic chemicals in hair colorants, companies are developing better solutions to tackle the issue, like using natural ingredients and refraining from using ammonia. Therefore, the increasing prevalence of skin allergies among consumers is anticipated to boost the demand for organic hair colorants in the coming years.
- In recent years, bleachers have gained immense popularity as hair bleaches lighten the color of the hair by alteration of the coloring components in the hair. Moreover, brands are launching hair bleachers in innovative formats to drive their overall sales. For instance, in 2022, the professional hair brand Alfaparf Milano launched a new line of bleaching powders featuring BB bleach formula to help restore hair resilience and protect hair against external aggressors.
Hair Colorants Market Trends
Enhanced Self-Grooming Focus Bolstered Market Growth
- The increasing consciousness among consumers about their personal wellness and physical appearance is inducing spending on hairdressing salons and personal grooming establishments. Salon services can be professional, attentive, and relaxing for consumers, thus placing higher demand.
- Moreover, the greater penetration of mobile phones and enhanced internet usage, coupled with the rising influence of social media platforms, drive the sales of hair colorants through e-commerce channels. Consumers today are highly well-informed regarding the chemical formulations in their hair products and considerably opt for professional services at salons.
- As a result, they are taking great interest in clean hair products that do not irritate the skin or have no allergic reactions. Safety is another factor considered while selecting hair colorants, along with ease of use and the long-lasting color that consumers prefer the most today.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia Pacific is the Fastest Growing Market Among All Regions
- The increasing population in the Asia-Pacific region, especially in emerging countries like China and India, coupled with rapidly changing lifestyles and urbanization, is generating higher demand for hair colorants. The increasing influence of celebrities on millennials to keep up with fashion trends bolstered market growth.
- Moreover, leading players operating in the industry are focusing on aggressive marketing campaigns and R&D to launch innovative products that meet customer demands. Due to the availability of customized solutions, like hair highlights, that meet the diverse demands of the entire demography, the market for hair colorants has experienced a tremendous expansion in recent years.
- According to the Ministry of Finance of the People's Republic of China, the total public spending on hygiene/personal care and health care in 2021 for China was estimated to be CNY 1.92 trillion (USD 295.68 billion).
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Hair Colorants Industry Overview
The hair colorants market is intensely centric toward the top players in the market. Some major players in the market are Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Revlon Inc., L'Oreal SA, Mandom Corp., and Wella Operations Us LLC. The key players are embarking on product innovation as their key strategy to capture the potential market and optimize offerings. They are also keen on launching single-color-centric products with sustainable and natural claims to attract consumers.
Hair Colorants Market Leaders
Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
Wella Operations Us LLC
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Hair Colorants Market News
- June 2022: L'Oréal introduced its first permanent hair color, L'Oréal Paris Men Expert One-Twist Hair Color, made especially for men.
- February 2022: Mamaearth, a direct-to-consumer (D2C) startup, acquired Mumbai-based BBlunt from Godrej Consumer Products Limited (GCPL).
- December 2021: L'Oréal signed an agreement to acquire Youth to the People, an American skincare company based in California. The brand's mission is to create skincare using vegan ingredients with practices that are good for the planet and suitable for the people.
Hair Colorants Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Product Type
5.1.3 Permanent Colorants
5.1.4 Semi-Permanent Colorants
5.1.5 Temporary Hair Colorants
5.2 Distribution Channel
5.2.2 Convenience/Grocery Stores
5.2.3 Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers
5.2.4 Online Retail Stores
5.2.5 Other Distribution Channels
5.3.1 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 Rest of North America
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 South America
220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle East and Africa
18.104.22.168 South Africa
22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
6.3.2 Revlon Inc.
6.3.3 Wella Operations Us LLC
6.3.4 L'Oreal SA
6.3.5 Kao Corporation
6.3.6 Mandom Corp.
6.3.7 Heena Industries Private Limited
6.3.8 Honasa Consumer Ltd
6.3.9 Unilever PLC
6.3.10 Natura & Co. Holding SA
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Hair Colorants Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Hair Colorants Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Hair Colorants Market?
The Hair Colorants Market is growing at a CAGR of 5.48% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Hair Colorants Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in Hair Colorants Market?
Europe holds highest share in 2022.
Who are the key players in Hair Colorants Market?
Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, L'Oréal S.A, Mandom corp., Wella Operations Us LLC , Revlon Inc. are the major companies operating in Hair Colorants Market.
Hair Color Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Hair Colorants market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Hair Colorants analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2023 to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.