Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Europe Commercial Blinds and Shades Market is expected to register a CAGR of 4.8 % during the forecast period of 2022 - 2027. The coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19) was a massive restraint on the commercial blinds and Shades manufacturing market in 2020, as supply chains were disrupted due to trade restrictions and consumption declined due to lockdowns imposed by governments in Europe. Steps by national governments to contain the transmission have resulted in the halting of manufacturing activities and a decline in economic activity, with countries entering a state of lockdown. The outbreak was expected to have a negative impact on businesses throughout 2020 and into 2021.
- In recent years, the real estate industry has experienced considerable growth and increased the value of residential properties. The demand for window coverings develops in parallel with the number of commercial buildings, raising the price of window blinds. Consumer spending is also an important factor in the window blind industry. The rise of the window blind market has also been influenced by brand awareness and television advertisements.
- Material, quality, and affordability are important considerations when choosing window blinds and shades. The window blinds industry is driven by increased commercial construction. The market for window blinds is expected to grow rapidly in the near future. The growth in smart commercial building popularity and infrastructure development throughout Europe will likely propel the market forward over the forecast period. The demand for window blinds is also being boosted by changes in the interior design of commercial buildings.
- The window blind slats can easily get damaged, especially if the blinds are made up of aluminum or plastic blinds. Lack of awareness about interior window treatment solutions among commercial consumers is likely to restrain the window blinds and shades market.
- Customers' demand for the latest technology-based goods is growing. Thus, window coverings providers are offering a wide of blinds and shades with innovative features and competitive prices. Smart building adoption is projected to continue strong because of technological developments and the addition of new features to industrial automation. Hence with rising in smart buildings, demand for portable window coverings is expected to increase rapidly over the forecast period.
Scope of the Report
Shades are a single solid window covering made of softer materials, whereas blinds are structural window coverings with slats that may be tilted open or closed. Blinds come in various materials, including wood, woven wood, bamboo, fake wood, aluminum, and vinyl, and can be horizontal or vertical.
The Europe Commercial Blinds and Shades Market is Segmented by Product Type (Blinds, Shades), Distribution Channel (Online, Offline), By Mechanism (Fully Automatic, Semi-Automatic), End-user (Retail, Hospitality, Leisure & Entertainment, Offices, Healthcare, Educational Institutions) and Geography.
|Blinds (Venetian, Vertical, Roller, and Others)|
|Shades (Roman, Pleated, and Roller)|
|By Distribution Channel|
|Offline (Departmental Stores, Specialists, DIY, and Grocery Stores)|
|Hospitality, Leisure & Entertainment|
|Rest of Europe|
Key Market Trends
Online Distribution Channel is Expected to Drive the Market Growth
- As a result of the pandemic, consumer preferences have changed due to the range of products available through the internet channel, such as gift coupons and heavy discounts. As a result, industry participants are concentrating their efforts on expanding their online presence transnational by developing e-commerce websites.
- Consumers can buy anytime, anywhere through online distribution channel, so the buying process will not interfere with what consumers are doing. The window blinds will be delivered to the doorstep, and consumers will get guides on installing them all by themselves.
- Buying online help consumer save money and time while helping them choose from a wide variety of options without the hassle of traveling to the store. Additionally, attractive seasonal discounts on online shopping draw consumers towards online shopping for commercial blinds and shades compared to buying locally.
- There are several advantages to online distribution channels such as flexible online payment methods, variety of offering, and products in all price range. Additionally, consumers can know other users' reviews, offers, gift coupons, free delivery and return policies.
- Commercial blinds and shades shopping online gives consumers flexibility. For example, consumers can return the window blinds if they don't fit the window due to wrong dimensions, color, quality, or other issues.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Germany is Expected to Register the Fastest Growth
- The demand to produce the appropriate brightness for the space, its worth as key interior décor and reduced energy consumption in the commercial buildings, sound insulation benefits, privacy, and felt security are all factors that make blinds and shades vital in modern commercial buildings and structures in Germany.
- After the pandemic, in Germany, newer kinds of trendy, fashionable, inventive, fashion-forward, and energy-saving window processing solutions are expected to boost the market. Because of constant technological improvements to increase product functionality and performance, the smart, automated blinds and shades market is predicted to be the most popular. Expanding the blinds and shades market would depend on the recovery of manufacturing activity and enhanced distribution.
- The companies located in Germany like Hunter Douglas, WAREMA, and other companies are collaborating on product launch, business expansion, award and recognition, joint ventures, and different strategies by the market player to enhance the company's footprints in the Germany commercial blinds and shades market, which also benefits the organization's profit growth.
- In February 2021, WAREMA had started to concentrate on the commercial building sector's Inside portfolio. The company's major goal was to provide creative solutions while improving product quality and design flexibility. As a result, the firm has introduced new goods to its portfolio to meet various needs, including blind ranges and many others.
- For instance, in March 2021, Hunter Douglas launched a new ceiling with an attractive finish and ideal acoustics that is based on old origami methods. The new product is straightforward to use and install. As a result, it can be deployed in small spaces and has no size limitations. This will assist customers in selecting a design for any area while also benefiting the organization by providing more options to customers.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The Europe Commercial Blinds and Shades Market is highly competitive with many key players. However, with technological advancements and product innovations, mid-size to smaller companies are increasing their market presence by securing new contracts and tapping into new markets.
- September 2021, Hunter Douglas, the largest maker of custom window coverings, announced the expansion of collections by San Francisco-based textile designer Seema Krish and New York City-based visual artist Marcie Bronkar to its Design StudioTM Featured Artist series. Hunter Douglas is announced the addition of two new Featured Artists to the Design Studio program.
- August 2021 - Tesco and John Lewis have agreed to lease a 1 million square foot distribution complex in Fenny Lock, Milton Keynes. The business recently inked a three-year leasing arrangement for a 300,000-square-foot distribution center in Bardon to support its expansion. This has also aided the corporation in meeting the increased demand for online customer orders.
- April 2022 - Griesser AG has implemented Sustainability programs. Sustainability has long been a central component of the strategy of the Griesser Group and the Griesser brand in particular. On the customer side, the sun protection products significantly reduce energy consumption. The central importance of the sustainability strategy for Griesser is also reflected in the ESG assessment carried out by schwizeraktien last spring by over-the-counter companies. Griesser performed particularly well in the environmental and social areas, while there is still room for improvement in governance.
- March 2022, SelectBlinds.com, a custom window décor brand with only an online presence, has launched Motorized Architect Roller Shades for commercial application. These shades have Bluetooth capabilities, and Eve MotionBlinds power the motorization in conjunction with Apple HomeKit Technology.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Assessment of the Impact of COVID-19 on the Industry
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Availability of Interior Blinds in Various Colours For Aesthetic Appeal
5.1.2 Rising Demand For Improved Sustainbility and Comfort for Buildings
5.2 Market Restraint
5.2.1 Lack of Awareness about Interior Window Treatment Solutions Among Consumers
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Type
6.1.1 Blinds (Venetian, Vertical, Roller, and Others)
6.1.2 Shades (Roman, Pleated, and Roller)
6.2 By Distribution Channel
6.2.2 Offline (Departmental Stores, Specialists, DIY, and Grocery Stores)
6.3 By Mechanism
6.3.1 Fully Automatic
6.4 By End-user
6.4.2 Hospitality, Leisure & Entertainment
6.4.5 Educational Institutions
6.5 By Country
6.5.3 United Kingdom
6.5.4 Rest of Europe
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Hunter Douglas
7.1.2 WAREMA Renkhoff SE
7.1.3 John Lewis plc
7.1.4 SERVIS CLIMAX, a.s.
7.1.5 ALL BLINDS CO., LTD.
7.1.6 Griesser AG
7.1.7 LITE SIA
7.1.8 RESSTENDE S.R.L.
7.1.9 TOSO COMPANY, LIMITED
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Europe Commercial Blinds and Shades Market market is studied from 2020 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Europe Commercial Blinds and Shades Market?
The Europe Commercial Blinds and Shades Market is growing at a CAGR of 4.8% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Europe Commercial Blinds and Shades Market?
Hunter Douglas, WAREMA Renkhoff SE, John Lewis plc, SERVIS CLIMAX, a.s., Griesser AG are the major companies operating in Europe Commercial Blinds and Shades Market.