5th Floor, Brigade Towers,
Financial District, Gachibowli,
Hyderabad - 500032,
The E-bike Market is segmented by Propulsion (Pedal-assisted and Throttle-assisted (Power-on-demand)), Application (City/Urban, Trekking (E-mountain Bikes/e-MTB), and Cargo), and Geography.
Fastest Growing Market:
The e-bike market was valued at USD 15.42 billion in 2019, and it is expected to witness a CAGR of 7.49%, during the forecast period, 2020-2025.
E-bike, commonly known as an electric bicycle, is a bike with an integrated electric motor aligned to the bicycle pedals, which supplies differential force used for the forward movement of the bicycle. The electric bikes majorly use Li-ion chargeable battery and have a maximum of 99.4 miles (160 km) in one single charge. These bicycles are available with battery type of either 8, 12, or 18-amp hour batteries.
The e-bike market has been segmented by propulsion type, application type and geography.
|Trekking (E-mountain Bikes/e-MTB)|
Report scope can be customized per your requirements. Click here.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
The European region accounted for approximately 20% of the e-bike market after the Asia-Pacific region.
The European region was dominated by Germany, followed by France and Italy.
In Germany, e-bike is a preferred mode of mobility, as well as for sports and leisure, also as a clean, quiet, and space-saving alternative for city logistics, in the country.
Some of the major factors driving the sales of the e-bike market are innovative characters of the product, fully-integrated batteries and drives, appealing designs, as well as the use of high-quality materials.
In 2019, the e-bike sales in Germany captured a 25% share in the total bicycle market. Out of the total e-bikes sold in Germany, 99.5% are of 250W/25Km/h models. Remaining 0.5% of the total e-bikes sold are of speed pedelecs; the 45 km/hr models, which are type-approved, and for which, the insurance and helmet obligation applies.
Apart from Germany, countries, like France, Italy, the Netherlands, and Spain, also witnessed a high demand for e-bikes. Some of the major reasons considered for adopting e-bike are the health benefits, environmental benefits, reduction in expenditure, avoidance of traffic congestion, and the increase in demand for e-bikes as sports equipment among youth. In the Netherlands, a quarter of all Europeans were found to be willing to commute by e-bikes.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report.
The e-bike market is extremely fragmented, with the major players holding a low share of the total market share. Some of the major market players are Giant Bicycles, Merida, Trek Bikes, Riese & Muller, and Fritzmeier Systems GmbH & Co. Kg (M1 Sporttechnik).
Giant Bicycles is expected to be the largest player in this market. The company’s presence is majorly concentrated in China, with Europe and North America being the other important markets. The company is diversifying its product portfolio through innovations and new launches and is aiming to continue its spot as the market leader.
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Current Market Scenario
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Challenges
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.5 Technology Trends
4.6 Government Regulations, Incentives, and Manufacturing Standards
4.7 Market Perspective
4.7.1 Component Supplier (Battery, Motor, etc.)
4.7.2 Bicycle Manufacturer
4.8 Pricing Analysis
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Propulsion
5.1.2 Throttle-assisted (Power-on-demand)
5.2 By Application
5.2.2 Trekking (E-mountain Bikes/e-MTB)
5.3.1 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 Rest of North America
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
220.127.116.11 South Korea
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Vendor Market Share
6.2 Company Profiles
6.2.1 E-bike Manufacturers
22.214.171.124 Giant Bicycles Co. Ltd
126.96.36.199 Merida Industry Co. Ltd
188.8.131.52 Riese & Muller
184.108.40.206 Fritzmeier Systems GmbH & Co. KG (M1 Sporttechnik)
220.127.116.11 Yamaha Bicycles
18.104.22.168 Trek Bikes
22.214.171.124 Cannondale Bicycle Corporation
126.96.36.199 VanMoof BV
188.8.131.52 Ampler Bikes
6.2.2 Component Suppliers
184.108.40.206 Brose Fahrzeugteile GmbH & Co. KG
220.127.116.11 BMZ GmbH
18.104.22.168 Panasonic Corporation
22.214.171.124 Samsung SDI Co. Ltd
126.96.36.199 LG Chem
188.8.131.52 Robert Bosch GmbH
184.108.40.206 Shimano Inc.
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
8. SUPPLIER INFORMATION (FOR TOP EIGHT E-BIKE MANUFACTURERS)