Europe Bioethanol Industry Overview
|Study Period:||2019 - 2028|
|CAGR:||> 5.2 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Europe Bioethanol Market Analysis
The Europe bioethanol market is estimated to grow with a CAGR of over 5.2% during the forecast period (2022-2027). During the Covid-19 pandemic, the bioethanol market was adversely affected due to disruptions in the supply chain. However, due to the government's supportive policies and financial pancakes, the market rebounded in 2021. The major driving factors in the market are the increasing government initiatives and supporting policies. However, phasing out of fuel-based vehicles due to rising demand for electric vehicles and shifting focus to bio-butanol are the factors which are hindering the market's growth.
- The automotive and transportation segment is expected to dominate the Europe bioethanol market; this can be ascribed to government initiatives to increase the limit of blending ethanol in gasoline.
- Developing second-generation bio-ethanol production and increasing consumption of biofuels like bioethanol in the aviation industry is likely to create opportunities for the market in the coming years.
- Germany dominated the market across the world, with the largest consumption from Europe.
Europe Bioethanol Industry Segments
The Scope of the Europe Bioethanol Market includes:-
|Food & Beverages|
|Rest of Europe|
Europe Bioethanol Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Europe Bioethanol Market according to our research experts:
Automotive and Transportation Segment to Dominate the Market
- In the last few decades, there has been a high reliance on fossil fuels in the automotive and transportation sector, as gasoline and diesel are cheap and readily available. Furthermore, fossil fuels are the main reason for global greenhouse gases and carbon emissions.
- However, of late, there has been a rise in awareness about the adverse effect of fossil fuels on the environment. Thus the companies are also engaged in finding out environmental friendly fuel solutions. Bioethanol could play a vital as it can be used as a blending with fossil fuel to lower the carbon footprint.
- Bioethanol is derived from plants as well as renewable resources. Furthermore, bioethanol is biodegradable, less explosive, less poisonous and easier to extinguish if burning compared to gasoline and diesel. Due to all these added properties of bioethanol, there is a rise in acceptance among consumers, likely to drive the Europe bioethanol market during the forecast period.
- Moreover, since the utilization of bioethanol has increased, the average certified greenhouse gas emission savings have increased. For instance, the average certified greenhouse gas emission savings in 2011 was around 49.6%, which increased to 76.9% in 2021.
- Furthermore, there has been a rise in concern over energy security over the last few years, and bioethanol could play a critical role. Increased bioethanol use has reduced gasoline and diesel imports to Europe.
- Thus, all these factors are anticipated to boost the demand for bioethanol in the automotive and transportation industry.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Germany to Dominate the Market
- Germany is one of the world's largest manufacturing countries for passenger and commercial vehicles. For several decades the automobile industry has been a key sector in the German economy.
- Moreover, Germany has been recognized worldwide as an Innovation hub for the automotive industry, as all major automobile manufacturers have a presence in the country. In 2021, Germany was Europe's number one automotive market, accounting for around 25% of all passenger cars manufactured and approximately 20% of all new car registrations.
- Furthermore, according to the German Bioethanol Industry Association, in 2021, the total bioethanol production was around 700,000 tons which is 0.6% higher than in 2020.
- Moreover, the use of bioethanol in the production of ethyl tertiary butyl ether has reached more than 157,000 tons, which is equivalent to 25.1% more than in 2020 (about 126,000 tonnes).
- The amount of ethanol and ethyl tertiary butyl ether produced from ethanol & bioethanol and the use of ethanol and ethyl tertiary butyl ether as a fuel additive has increased by 4.5% and reached 1.15 million tonnes in 2021.
- All these factors are anticipated to grow the demand for bioethanol during the forecast period in the country.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Europe Bioethanol Market Competitor Analysis
The Europe bioethanol market is highly fragmented. Some of the key players in the market include Abengoa, ALCOGROUP SA, Lantmännen Agroetanol AB, ADM, and AGRANA Beteiligungs-AG
Europe Bioethanol Market Top Players
Lantmännen Agroetanol AB
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Europe Bioethanol Market Recent Developments
- In January 2022, RYAM announced the introduction of a second-generation (2G) bioethanol for the Europe region. The company is using wood-based feedstock for the production of bioethanol. With this plant, the company would be among the first in France to produce 2G bioethanol fuel from wood.
- In April 2022, Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners announced a fund of EUR 375 million, which would invest in advanced bioenergy infrastructure in Europe and North America. This investment aims to produce renewable natural gas (RNG), liquified natural gas (bio-LNG) and second-generation bioethanol.
Europe Bioethanol Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Scope of Study
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Study Assumptions
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET OVERVIEW
4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast in USD million, till 2025
4.3 Recent Trends and Developments
4.4 Government Policies and Regulations
4.5 Market Dynamics
4.6 Supply Chain Analysis
4.7 PESTLE Analysis
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Feedstock Type
5.1.4 Other Feedstocks
5.2.3 Food & Beverages
5.3.2 United Kingdom
5.3.6 Rest of Europe
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.2 ALCOGROUP SA
6.3.3 Lantmnnen Agroetanol AB
6.3.5 AGRANA Beteiligungs-AG
6.3.7 ALMAGEST AD
6.3.8 Anora Group Plc
6.3.9 BIOAGRA S.A.
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Europe Bioethanol Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Europe Bioethanol Market is studied from 2019 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Europe Bioethanol Market?
The Europe Bioethanol Market is growing at a CAGR of >5.2% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Europe Bioethanol Market?
Abengoa, ALCOGROUP SA, Lantmännen Agroetanol AB, ADM, AGRANA Beteiligungs-AG are the major companies operating in Europe Bioethanol Market.
Europe Bioethanol Industry Reports
In-depth industry statistics and market share insights of the Europe Bioethanol sector for 2020, 2021, and 2022. The Europe Bioethanol research report provides a comprehensive outlook of the market size and an industry growth forecast for 2023 to 2028. Available to download is a free sample file of the Europe Bioethanol report PDF.