Quartz Market Size
|Market Size (2023)||USD 7.02 Billion|
|Market Size (2028)||USD 8.62 Billion|
|CAGR (2023 - 2028)||4.19 %|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market||Asia Pacific|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Quartz Market Analysis
The Quartz Market size is estimated at USD 7.02 billion in 2023, and is expected to reach USD 8.62 billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 4.19% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
The COVID-19 pandemic halted the supply chain of several industries worldwide, including electronics and semiconductors, building and construction, and automotive. It, in turn, adversely affected the demand for quartz in these industries. Solar power usage increased, but this alone could not lift the market back. The COVID-19 pandemic impacted the global construction industry, with projects facing labor shortages, supply chain issues, and financing pressures. The effects rippled across the sector, from the initial crisis in China to construction sites worldwide. However, as the lockdowns were lifted in most countries worldwide, the market has recovered due to production resumed in most industries.
- Over the mid-term, the primary factor driving the market's growth is the demand for high-purity quartz in the semiconductor industry, coupled with the growing solar industry.
- The ecological impact of quartz mining, coupled with discoloration in quartz tiles and slabs, is anticipated to hinder the market's growth during the forecast timeframe.
- Due to its unique properties, emerging applications of quartz powder can act as an opportunity for the market.
- Asia-Pacific dominated the global market, with the most significant consumption in China.
Quartz Market Trends
Rising Demand from the Electronics and Semiconductor Industry
- Quartz is used within the electronics industry for its highly stable, high-performance resonators for further use in filters and oscillators. Quartz possesses various properties for the electronics industry, including piezoelectric properties, as its melting point is above 1700º C and its curing temperature is 573º C.
- There is an increasing demand for quartz from the electronics industry. It is because of its growing usage in devices, such as mobile phones, tablets, laptops, and desktops.
- Additionally, quartz crystal is used as an oscillator in radios, watches, and pressure gauges. Quartz crystal is also used to make frequency filters, frequency controls, and timers in electronic circuits for various products, such as communication equipment, computers, electronic games, and television receivers.
- For decades, companies in the United States have led the world to produce tiny semiconductor chips that power modern technologies. According to Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA), the semiconductor industry in the United States accounts for 47% of the global semiconductor market, which is the largest share in the world.
- The semiconductor manufacturers are planning to invest in the country, which is anticipated to contribute to market growth. For instance, in March 2021, Intel invested USD 3.5 billion in its New Mexico plant to manufacture tiny microchips used in nearly all modern devices, as their demand is increasing.
- Digital technologies such as the internet of things (IoT) and the latest communication technologies, such as 5G, are expected to aid in developing innovative consumer electronic products. As per data published by JEITA, global electronics production increased significantly in 2022 compared to 2020.
- Owing to such factors, the demand for quartz is expected to witness rapid growth in the electronics industry.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- China is one of the major countries in the Asia-Pacific region, with ample construction activities. The country's industrial and construction sectors are expected to account for approximately 50% of the GDP.
- As per the forecast given by the Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development, China's construction sector is expected to maintain a 6% share of the country's GDP going into 2025. Keeping in view the given forecasts, the Chinese government unveiled a five-year plan in January 2022 focused on making the construction sector more sustainable and quality-driven.
- The electronics supply chain was already in the throes of disruption before the outbreak due to the tariff war between the US and China. It forced the relocation of some high-profile electronics manufacturers from China to Southeast Asia, including GoPro, Kyocera, and Nintendo, moving manufacturing to Vietnam, Casio, Daikin, and Ricoh, and shifting operations to Thailand.
- To benefit from the extensive demand scenario, China embarked on strategic initiatives like the "Made in China 2025" plan, under which the Chinese government announced its goal to reach an output of USD 305 billion by 2030 and meet 80% of its domestic demand.
- The digital vision in India is a vast opportunity and includes significant economic value. The Indian economy is expected to generate revenue of more than USD 1 trillion by 2022 by implementing the 30 digital themes that are currently planned. With the increase in electronic device manufacturing ecosystems, the growth scope of the semiconductors and electronics market in India is extremely high.
- According to the industrial outlook released by South Korea's Ministry of Science and ICT, electronic component production in value grew by 12.5% in 2021 compared to 2020 values. This growth is driven by the continuous demand for semiconductor memory for data centers, edge computing (IoT), automobiles, and 5G smartphones, as well as soaring demand for OLED panels for TV and mobile devices.
- Vietnam's electronics industry (EI) is one of the country's fastest-growing and most important industries. The US-China trade war and rising manufacturing costs in China have hugely benefited the Vietnam electronics industry. It captured one of China's most significant shares of electronic industry migration. The Philippines' semiconductor industry, coupled with the electronics industry, is the most critical contributor to the manufacturing sector within the country. While the electronics industry in Indonesia primarily serves the local industry with very little export.
- Such factors are expected to increase the demand for quartz during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Quartz Industry Overview
The quartz market is fragmented in nature. Some significant players include AGC Inc., Nihon Dempa Kogyo Co. Ltd, Quartz Corporation, Sibelco, and Jiangsu Pacific Quartz Co.
Quartz Market Leaders
Jiangsu Pacific Quartz Co. Ltd
NIHON DEMPA KOGYO CO., LTD.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Quartz Market News
- December 2022: Sibelco acquired Bassanetti Group of Italy, which is a local player in the extraction, processing, and marketing of sand products in Southern Europe. This move will strengthen the company's positioning in Southern Europe.
- March 2022: AGC Inc terminated its operations and businesses in Russia and Ukraine because of the war conditions in the countries.
Quartz Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Solar Industry
4.1.2 Demand for High-purity Quartz in the Semiconductor Industry
4.2.1 Ecological Impact of Quartz Mining
4.2.2 Discoloration in Quartz Tiles and Slabs
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size in Value)
5.1.1 High-purity Quartz
126.96.36.199 Quartz Surface and Tile
188.8.131.52 Fused Quartz Crucible
184.108.40.206 Quartz Glass
5.1.2 Quartz Crystal
5.1.3 Silicon Metal
5.2 End-user Industry
5.2.1 Electronics and Semiconductor
5.2.3 Buildings and Construction
5.2.4 Optical fiber and Telecommunication
5.2.6 Other End-user Industries
220.127.116.11 South Korea
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
18.104.22.168 South Africa
22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 AGC Inc.
6.4.2 Beijing Kai de Quartz Co. Ltd
6.4.4 Elkem ASA
6.4.6 Heraeus Holding
6.4.7 Jiangsu Pacific Quartz Co. Ltd
6.4.8 Wonic QnC Corporation
6.4.9 Nihon Dempa Kogyo Co. Ltd
6.4.10 Nordic Mining ASA
6.4.11 RUSNANO Group
6.4.14 SUMCO Corporation
6.4.15 The Quartz Corporation
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Emerging Applications of Quartz Powder due to its Unique Properties
Quartz Market Research FAQs
How big is the Quartz Market?
The Quartz Market size is expected to reach USD 7.02 billion in 2023 and grow at a CAGR of 4.19% to reach USD 8.62 billion by 2028.
What is the current Quartz Market size?
In 2023, the Quartz Market size is expected to reach USD 7.02 billion.
Who are the key players in Quartz Market?
Jiangsu Pacific Quartz Co. Ltd, NIHON DEMPA KOGYO CO., LTD., AGC Inc., Sibelco and Quartz Corporation are the major companies operating in the Quartz Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Quartz Market?
Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2028).
Which region has the biggest share in Quartz Market?
In 2023, the Asia Pacific accounts for the largest market share in the Quartz Market.
Quartz Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Quartz market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Quartz analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.