|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||Asia Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The quartz market is expected to record a CAGR of 4.51% during the forecast period (2022-2027). China is expected to dominate the quartz market in Asia-Pacific, and it is also anticipated to witness the fastest growth.
The COVID-19 pandemic has halted the supply chain of several industries, including electronics and semiconductors, building and construction, and automotive around the world. This, in turn, adversely affected the demand for quartz in these industries. The usage of solar power has increased, but this alone could not lift the market back. The COVID-19 pandemic has been impacting the global construction industry, with projects facing labor shortages, supply chain issues, and financing pressures. The effects are rippling across the sector, from the initial crisis in China to construction sites around the world. However, as the lockdowns were lifted in most countries around the world, the market is expected to recover due to the production being resumed in most industries.
- Over the mid-term, the major factor driving the growth of the market studied is the demand for high-purity quartz in the semiconductor industry, coupled with the growing solar industry.
- The ecological impact of quartz mining, coupled with discoloration in quartz tiles and slabs, is anticipated to hinder the market's growth during the forecast timeframe.
- The electronics and semiconductor industry is expected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- Emerging applications of quartz powder, owing to its unique properties, can act as an opportunity for the market.
- Asia-Pacific dominated the global market, with the largest consumption from China.
Scope of the Report
Quartz crystals possess piezoelectric properties. It is one of the hardest naturally occurring minerals that do not corrode easily. The market is segmented by type, end-user industry, and geography. By type, the market is segmented into quartz surface and tile, high-purity quartz, fused quartz crucible, quartz glass, quartz crystal, quartz sand, plastic foam, and other types. By end-user industry, the market is segmented into electronics and semiconductors, solar, buildings and construction, medical, optics and telecommunication, and other end-user industries. The report also covers the market size and forecasts for the quartz market in 16 countries across major regions. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done on the basis of revenue (USD million).
|Electronics and Semiconductor|
|Buildings and Construction|
|Optical fiber and Telecommunication|
|Other End-user Industries|
Key Market Trends
Rising Demand from the Electronics and Semiconductor Industry
- Quartz is used within the electronics industry for its high stable, high-performance resonators for further use in filters and oscillators. Quartz possesses various properties for the electronics industry, including piezoelectric properties, as its melting point is above 1700º C and its curing temperature is 573º C.
- There has been an increasing demand for quartz from the electronics industry. This is because of its increasing usage in devices, such as mobile phones, tablets, laptops, and desktops.
- Additionally, quartz crystal is used as an oscillator in radios, watches, and pressure gauges. Quartz crystal is also used to make frequency filters, frequency controls, and timers in electronic circuits for a wide range of products, such as communication equipment, computers, electronic games, and television receivers.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted several industries, and one such pressing issue faced by the electronic sector is global supply chain disruption. Shortages within the semiconductor industry have seen car manufacturers slow production of EVs, while some supply chain managers have been warned of 52-week lead times on some components. Supply chain problems currently remain unresolved.
- On the other hand, there is an increase in spending on consumer electronics and smart technology, covering areas such as home fitness and healthcare. The sale of consumer electronics is expected to grow significantly in 2022 despite the global contraction.
- Digital technologies such as the internet of things (IoT) and the latest communication technologies, such as 5G, are expected to aid in the development of innovative consumer electronic products.
- Owing to such factors, the demand for quartz is expected to witness rapid growth from the electronics industry.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- China is one of the major countries in the Asia-Pacific region, with ample construction activities. The country's industrial and construction sectors are expected to account for approximately 50% of the GDP.
- China additionally has the world's largest electronics production base and offers tough competition to the existing upstream producers like South Korea, Singapore, and Taiwan. Electronic products, such as smartphones, OLED TVs, and tablets, witnessed the highest growth in the consumer electronics segment of the market studied. But the major end user for quartz, i.e., electronics, suffered negatively during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The electronics supply chain was already in the throes of disruption before the outbreak due to the tariff war between the United States and China, which forced the relocation of some high-profile electronics manufacturers from China to Southeast Asia, including GoPro, Kyocera, and Nintendo, moving manufacturing to Vietnam, as well as Casio, Daikin, and Ricoh shifting operations to Thailand.
- 2021 could have been a year of recovery for the electronics industry. Instead, it was filled with new challenges that threatened to significantly decrease the flow of critical electronics and impact the introduction of new products.
- The Quad Alliance- India, the United States, Japan, and Australia, joined hands to secure supply chains in critical areas, such as semiconductors and 5G telecom technologies, in a bid to contain the rising influence of China in these strategic sectors. This is expected to boost the production of electronics, which, in turn, is expected to impact the growth of the quartz market in the region.
- Such factors are expected to increase the demand for quartz during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The quartz market is fragmented in nature. Some of these major players include AGC Inc. Nihon Dempa Kogyo Co. Ltd, Quartz Corporation, Sibelco, and Jiangsu Pacific Quartz Co.
- In July 2019, Ferroglobe announced that it would start the production of solar grade silicon at its factory in Spain. The production is operated by a Spanish subsidiary, FerroSolar SL.
- In December 2019, Elkem acquired Polysil, a silicone elastomer and resins company. Polysil offers silicone products for the electronics and medical markets.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Solar Industry
4.1.2 Demand for High-purity Quartz in the Semiconductor Industry
4.2.1 Ecological Impact of Quartz Mining
4.2.2 Discoloration in Quartz Tiles and Slabs
4.2.3 Unfavorable Conditions Arising due to the Impact of COVID-19
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 High-purity Quartz
184.108.40.206 Quartz Surface and Tile
220.127.116.11 Fused Quartz Crucible
18.104.22.168 Quartz Glass
5.1.2 Quartz Crystal
5.1.3 Silicon Metal
5.2 End-user Industry
5.2.1 Electronics and Semiconductor
5.2.3 Buildings and Construction
5.2.4 Optical fiber and Telecommunication
5.2.6 Other End-user Industries
22.214.171.124 South Korea
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
126.96.36.199 South Africa
188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share(%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 AGC Inc.
6.4.2 Beijing Kai de Quartz Co. Ltd
6.4.4 Heraeus Holding
6.4.5 Jiangsu Pacific Quartz Co. Ltd
6.4.6 Wonic QnC Corporation
6.4.7 Nihon Dempa Kogyo Co. Ltd
6.4.8 Nordic Mining ASA
6.4.9 RUSNANO Group
6.4.12 SUMCO Corporation
6.4.13 The Quartz Corporation
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Emerging Applications of Quartz Powder due to its Unique Properties
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Quartz Market market is studied from 2017 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Quartz Market?
The Quartz Market is growing at a CAGR of >4.51% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Quartz Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Quartz Market?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Quartz Market?
Jiangsu Pacific Quartz Co. Ltd, NIHON DEMPA KOGYO CO., LTD., AGC Inc., The Quartz Corporation, Sibelco are the major companies operating in Quartz Market.