|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The global data loss prevention market was valued at USD 1,497.81 million in 2021. It is expected to reach a value of USD 5,058.98 million by 2027, registering a CAGR of 22.29% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- The rapidly increasing instances of data breaches and other factors, such as DLP-as-a-service, DLP functionalities extending into the cloud, and advanced threat protection, have significantly increased the focus on data loss protection solutions worldwide.
- As the demand for digital assets increased, there has been a massive growth in the amount of structured and unstructured data, driving the need for data protection services with a strategic focus on data-centric organizations. Multiple large enterprises in the fortune global 500 have invested in the DLP market for over a decade. Currently, the market studied has emerged as a critical security strategy within reach of mid-sized enterprises.
- Historically, DLP solutions were utilized in regulated industries, such as healthcare, financial services, manufacturing, energy, and government. However, with the rising need for protection, DLP solution providers have been targeting the advisory and services companies dealing with a wide range of end-user industries.
- The lack of awareness and uncertainty about the cost and brand value due to cyberattacks are the primary reasons organizations fall victim to data breaches. According to cybersecurity officials in the United States, Australia, and the United Kingdom, network defenders should use several mitigation strategies to limit the risk and impact of ransomware attacks. One of the ways is to enhance user knowledge of the dangers of visiting questionable websites, clicking suspicious links, and opening suspicious attachments.
- With the emergence of the COVID-19 pandemic, the market is anticipated to grow further as the total volume of data being generated across the world is rising much faster. According to Seagate Technology PLC, the volume of data is anticipated to reach around 149 zettabytes by 2024 from 26 zettabytes in 2017. Moreover, enterprises worldwide are increasingly adopting better security solutions as part of their digital transformation process, thereby augmenting the market's growth.
- Moreover, as a result of the COVID-19 lockdowns that have been put in place along with the switch to remote working environments, an unprecedented number of people are now making usage of mobile devices as their primary communications device, thereby creating more endpoints for the organization to secure from the rising cyber threats.
Scope of the Report
The DLP solutions deployed by organizations across the world primarily ensure a secure data transaction for these organizations. The scope of the study covers the deployment type (on-premise and cloud-based), types of DLP solutions (Network DLP, Endpoint DLP, Datacenter/Storage-based DLP) based on the ratio of expenditure-related insights from the secondary sources.
|By End-User Industry|
|IT and Telecommunication|
|Retail and Logistics|
|Other End-User Industries|
|Middle-East and Africa|
Key Market Trends
Rising Data Breaches and Cyber Attacks Across The World to Drive the Market
- The increasing instances of data breaches across multiple industries have resulted in leaking millions of consumer data records to hackers and the loss of millions of dollars for multiple impacted companies, which have increased the focus on security solutions across the emerging economies.
- As businesses worldwide grow, new threats, such as zero-day malware, trojans, and advanced persistent threats, have exposed critical data to risk. This has encouraged organizations to deploy DLP solutions to safeguard their data within endpoints and networks against potential attacks.
- The increasing adoption of BYOD trends in organizations has increased the influx of different laptops, desktops, and smartphones, which has created different endpoints vulnerable to attacks. Security measures on their own are not enough to stop them. The massive growth in the adoption of mobile devices across the world is expected to create significant opportunities during the forecast period. According to the Cisco Annual Internet Report, there will be approximately 29.3 billion networked devices by 2023, up from 18.4 billion in 2018. Smart manufacturing and the smart industry are expected to augment it with the increased adoption of 5G and beyond.
- Ransomware threat actors targeted software supply chain businesses worldwide in 2021, compromising and extorting their clients. By focusing on software supply chains, ransomware threat actors can expand the scope of their assaults by gaining access to several victims through a single initial penetration.
- Ransomware authors attacked cloud infrastructures, which took advantage of known weaknesses in cloud apps, virtual machine software, and virtual machine orchestration software. To prohibit access to cloud resources and encrypt data, ransomware threat actors also targeted cloud accounts, cloud application programming interfaces (APIs), and data backup and storage systems. Threat actors sometimes get direct access to cloud storage systems via compromising local (on-premises) devices and migrating laterally to the cloud systems, in addition to exploiting vulnerabilities to gain direct access. Threat actors using ransomware have also attacked cloud service providers, encrypting massive volumes of client data.
- Moreover, there has been double-digit growth in the number of endpoints, primarily owing to the rapidly increasing adoption of automation due to Industry 4.0, machine-to-machine communication, and the emergence of smart cities. Consequently, the need to protect the vulnerability of data and devices and deploy tools to recognize attacks and minimize the damage is critically important. Therefore, the increasing adoption of automation technology is expected to drive the studied market growth in the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America to Account for the Largest Market Share
- The United States is witnessing an increased number of data breaches. According to the Identity Theft Resource Center (ITRC), the average number of breaches in the United States has increased marginally over the past few years. The number of data breaches faced by the United States increased from 1,506 breaches in 2017 to 1,826 breaches in 2021 (Source - ITRC's Data Breach Report 2021).
- Also, the country's increasing number of data breaches in 2021 has impacted around 293.93 million individuals. (Source - ITRC's Data Breach Report 2021). These increasing data breaches in various industries are expected to be the primary factor driving the demand for data loss prevention solutions during the forecast period.
- The healthcare industry in the United States is also witnessing many data breaches as health-related data is moving rapidly toward electronic records. This has resulted in an increase in electronic health/medical records, which requires data loss prevention solutions.
- In Canada, government organizations are proposing new privacy laws to give individuals more control and transparency into how companies handle personal information. For instance, recent legislative initiatives, such as the Digital Charter Implementation Act, 2020 (Bill C-11), entitled the Consumer Privacy Protection Act (CPPA), and Quebec's Bill 64. Other jurisdictions are also looking to follow by introducing their new laws. These regulations are targeted to provide data protection.
- In March 2022, Quebec's Premier and Health Minister announced the reformation of Quebec's health system, including the management of health and social services information. The government has introduced Bill 19, which aims to set up a new management system that modernizes and decentralizes the health network to enable a safer and more seamless flow of health and social services information.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The intensity of competitive rivalry in the Data Loss Prevention Market is high and is expected to increase during the forecast period. Major companies strongly influence the market in terms of R&D and consolidation activities. Conversely, the market can be characterized by high levels of market penetration and increasing fragmentation levels.
- April 2022 - McAfee Corp. launched Personal Data Cleanup in the United States, the company's newest privacy feature addition to its flagship product, McAfee Total Protection. Personal Data Cleanup provides consumers with visibility, guidance, and continuous monitoring to protect themselves from identity thieves, hackers, and spammers by removing their data from some of the web's riskiest data broker sites.
- April 2022 - Broadcom Inc. announced "Day One" support for IBM's new z16, expanding opportunities for organizations to gain more value from the company's advanced AI, security, and hybrid cloud solutions. Broadcom's leading technology solutions, services, and innovative "beyond code" software give clients the competitive advantage they need to succeed in an increasingly difficult business environment.
- May 2022 - McAfee Corporation conducted its first-ever Global Connected Family Study, surveying 15,500 parents and over 12,000 children in 10 countries to learn how they connect and protect themselves and their loved ones online. The 2022 Connected Family Study reveals stark differences in global attitudes, actions taken by families to protect their loved ones, and how the most vulnerable may be left unprotected.
- May 2022 - Broadcom Inc. announced the availability of samples of its complete end-to-end Wi-Fi 7 chipset solutions, which include Wi-Fi routers, residential gateways, enterprise access points, and client devices. These Wi-Fi 7 chips more than double the speed of current Wi-Fi 6 and 6E solutions while providing reliable low-latency communications and an extended range.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.4 Assessment of COVID-19 Impact on the Industry
4.5 Key Use Cases
4.6 Market Drivers
4.6.1 Rising Data Breaches and Cyber Attacks across the World
4.6.2 Regulations And Compliances (GDPR, CCPA, PCI DSS etc.)
4.6.3 Increasing Data Criticality And Vulnerability
4.7 Market Restraints
4.7.1 Lack of Awareness on Complete Solution Adoption
4.7.2 Deployment Challenges Related to Access Rights, Encryption, Scalability and Integration
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Deployment
5.2 By Solution
5.2.1 Network DLP
5.2.2 Endpoint DLP
5.2.3 Datacenter/Storage-based DLP
5.3 By End-User Industry
5.3.1 IT and Telecommunication
5.3.6 Retail and Logistics
5.3.7 Other End-User Industries
5.4 By Geography
5.4.1 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.4 Latin America
5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles*
6.1.1 Broadcom Inc. (Symantec)
6.1.2 Mcafee LLC
6.1.3 GTB Technologies Inc.
6.1.5 Digital Guardian Inc.
6.1.6 Forcepoint LLC
6.1.7 Securetrust (vikingcloud)
6.1.8 Trend Micro
6.1.9 Check Point Software Technologies Ltd
6.1.10 Proofpoint Inc.
6.1.11 Spirion Llc
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Data Loss Prevention Market market is studied from 2020 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Data Loss Prevention Market?
The Data Loss Prevention Market is growing at a CAGR of 22.29% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Data Loss Prevention Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Data Loss Prevention Market?
North America holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Data Loss Prevention Market?
Broadcom INC. (Symantec) , McAfee Inc. , GTB Technologies Inc. , CoSoSys, Digital Guardian Digital Guardian are the major companies operating in Data Loss Prevention Market.