Cloud Supply Chain Management Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Cloud Supply Chain Management Market Analysis
The cloud supply chain management market is analyzed to grow at a CAGR of 11.09% during the forecast period (2022 - 2027). The accelerated adoption of cloud-based business operations globally has digitalized the supply chain industry. It can accommodate the amplitude of volatility and constant speed and promote enhanced responsiveness to supply chain disruptions. Organizations are restructuring their supply chains as a digital supply network that unites physical flows of products and services and provides affordable, efficient, safer, and infinitely scalable solutions that can be easily integrated with existing systems.
- Cloud computing is quickly growing to support collaborative transportation management solutions (TMS) and other aspects of transportation management, such as sourcing of network capacity, complete visibility and event management, and ancillary functions, including freight pay and audit.
- Cloud computing is now perceived as a significant cost-saving alternative, giving a route through which supply chain executives can quickly and efficiently access innovative solutions delivered through a SaaS model and deploy them at scale. With the emergence of industry 4.0, numerous vendors are implementing digital technologies to improve, automate, and modernize the entire process. Integrating the cloud is becoming increasingly popular because it offers substantial advantages such as scalability, security, cost, control, and speed.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the growing demand for dependable, anytime-accessible supply chain technology solutions. Through the cloud, information latency is achieved. It integrates the intricate web of systems and data that serves up the supply chain, starting with suppliers and their suppliers and moving on to inbound logistics providers, a company's factories and warehouses, outbound carriers, distributors, and eventually customers. Thereby making the cloud transformative for supply chains. It provides the atmosphere and technology required to quickly, inexpensively, and securely raise the bar for information sharing. Near-real-time visibility across the whole supply chain is easily provided by seamless integration among supply chain partners.
- The most frequent problem businesses have with cloud-based solutions is data protection and privacy. Data access should only be permitted for approved members, such as reputable supply chain partners. Data security ultimately depends on how each firm uses the resources at their disposal, even while cloud-based solutions have numerous security protocols in place to prevent unwanted access to personal data. This acts as a challenge to the market.
Cloud Supply Chain Management Industry Segmentation
Cloud supply chain management is transforming the supply chain sector by leveraging the power of cloud technology and forming a connected ecosystem that provides end-to-end visibility, real-time insights, and decisive actions and also significantly cut down the cost. Unlike traditional supply chain management systems that are much more transactional, it offers the real-time accuracy and 360-degree management of cloud management solutions.
The Cloud Supply Chain Management Market is segmented by Solution (Demand Planning and Forecasting, Inventory and Warehouse Management, Product Life-Cycle Management, Transportation and Logistics Management, Sales and Operations Planning), Deployment Type (Hybrid Cloud, Public Cloud, Private Cloud), Organization Size (Large Enterprises, Small & Medium Enterprises), End-user Industries (Retail, Food & Beverage, Manufacturing, Automotive, Healthcare, Oil and Gas), and Geography.
|Demand Planning and Forecasting|
|Inventory and Warehouse Management|
|Product Life-Cycle Management|
|Transportation & Logistics Management|
|Sales and Operations Planning|
|Other Solutions (Procurement and Sourcing, Product Master Data Management, and Order Management)|
|By Deployment Type|
|By Organization Size|
|Small and Medium Enterprises|
|By End-user Industries|
|Food & Beverage|
|Oil & Gas|
|Other End-user Industries|
|Middle East and Africa|
Cloud Supply Chain Management Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Cloud Supply Chain Management Market according to our research experts:
Retail Industry is Expected to Register a Significant Growth
- The retail industry is expected to register significant growth as most key players are adopting cloud-based technologies to transform their supply chains with unprecedented visibility and insights from data. Technology integrations focus on understanding the customer journey and providing substantive improvement.
- With the growing retail sector, the adoption of advanced technologies is significantly growing; therefore, the retail industry players require tools that enable organizations to manage paper documents and structured and unstructured data more effectively to remain competitive. Hence, most key players are adopting cloud-based technologies to transform their supply chains with unprecedented visibility and insights from data. Technology integrations focus on understanding the customer journey and providing substantive improvement.
- Customer retention has become more important than before due to increased players in the market with the growth of e-commerce. Cloud computing helps enhance customer experiences as it captures and analyzes data from many sources, identifies patterns and predicts needs, and offers on-demand services. It also provides retailers access to all business content from the core line-of-business applications to provide timely responses and exceptional service to the customers, separating them from their competition.
- Additionally, automation tools improve distribution and inventory management by digitizing inventory information and using analytics and visual reporting. Therefore, it enables retailers to automate the supply chain from the inbound carrier to manage and distribute inventory to store-level reconciliation. It leads to lower operational costs, a more straightforward, faster way to reconcile invoices, and improved fill rates by shrinking reorder time.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America Hold Significant Market Share
- North America may experience notable market growth, principally driven by the selection of GS1 standards designed to promote the safety, efficiency, and visibility of supply chains across physical and digital channels in 25 sectors in the United States.
- The growing adoption of cloud in the US is contributing to the market. According to a report published by Stormforgein in April 2021, 18% of respondents from North America state that their organization has a monthly cloud spend of between USD 100,000 and USD 250,000. Further, 44% of respondents expect cloud spending to increase somewhat over the next 12 months, while another 32% indicate that they expect their organization's cloud spending to increase significantly over the next 12 months.
- Customers in the United States are profiting from the diversity of transport modes in their increasingly connected environment. Logistics businesses offer the integration of information flow through supply chain management software, packaging, material handling, warehousing, forwarding, returned goods management, and brokerage.
- Further, Lockdowns and travel restrictions have disrupted different sectors of the US economy and considerably influenced supply chain operations during these periods of fast upheaval. Businesses increasingly rely on cloud computing and storage in these uncertain times to increase the flexibility and agility of their supply networks.
- Moreover, the Government of Canada has a “cloud-first” strategy whereby cloud services are identified and evaluated as the principal delivery option when initiating information technology investments, initiatives, strategies, and projects. The cloud will also allow the Government of Canada to harness the innovation of private-sector providers to make its information technology more agile. Such initiatives are expected to provide ample opportunities to the cloud supply chain management.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Cloud Supply Chain Management Industry Overview
The cloud supply chain management market is highly concentrated and controlled by dominant players, like Oracle Corporation, SAP SE, Descartes Systems Group Inc., Infor Inc., and IBM Corporation. With a notable share in the market, these principal players are concentrating on expanding their customer bases across foreign countries. These businesses are leveraging strategic collaborative initiatives to strengthen their market shares and enhance their profitability. However, with product innovations and technological advancements, midsize to smaller firms are growing their market presence by securing new contracts and tapping new markets. Some of the recent developments in the market are:
- May 2022- SAP has partnered with Apple to build collaborations throughout the digital supply chain. SAP has unveiled a new suite of apps that streamline the digital supply chain and equip workers with simple tools as part of its ongoing relationship with Apple to transform how people operate on iPhones and iPads.
- September 2021- Infor, the industrial cloud provider, has released the latest edition of the fully cloud-enabled hotel management software in the Infor Hospitality suite of solutions, Infor Hospitality Management Solution (HMS) version 3.8.4. This update focuses on giving new choices for optimizing and delivering customised services. Infor HMS is cloud-based technology accessible in real time, keeping up with modern customers' hectic schedules and allowing hotels to customize a smooth and frictionless experience.
Cloud Supply Chain Management Market Leaders
Descartes Systems Group Inc
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Cloud Supply Chain Management Market News
- In June 2022 - XPO Logistics, based in Connecticut, collaborated with Google Cloud to improve how commodities flow through supply chains. In a multi-year partnership, XPO will make use of Google Cloud's artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and data analytics capabilities to create supply chains that are quicker, more effective, and more visible.
Cloud Supply Chain Management Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3.5 Threat of Substitutes
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Rapid Adoption of Cloud -based Solution for Demand Management by SMEs
5.1.2 Increasing Growth of E - commerce Sector Has Fueled the Adoption of Technological Solutions to Retain Customers
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Increasing Security and Privacy Concerns Among Enterprises
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Solution
6.1.1 Demand Planning and Forecasting
6.1.2 Inventory and Warehouse Management
6.1.3 Product Life-Cycle Management
6.1.4 Transportation & Logistics Management
6.1.5 Sales and Operations Planning
6.1.6 Other Solutions (Procurement and Sourcing, Product Master Data Management, and Order Management)
6.2 By Deployment Type
6.2.1 Hybrid Cloud
6.2.2 Public Cloud
6.2.3 Private Cloud
6.3 By Organization Size
6.3.1 Large Enterprises
6.3.2 Small and Medium Enterprises
6.4 By End-user Industries
6.4.2 Food & Beverage
6.4.5 Oil & Gas
6.4.7 Other End-user Industries
6.5 By Geography
6.5.1 North America
6.5.4 Latin America
6.5.5 Middle East and Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles*
7.1.1 SAP SE
7.1.2 Oracle Corporation
7.1.3 Infor Inc
7.1.4 Descartes Systems Group Inc
7.1.5 IBM Corporation
7.1.6 JDA Software Group Inc
7.1.7 Manhattan Associates Inc
7.1.8 Logility Inc.
7.1.9 Kinaxis Inc
7.1.10 HighJump Software Inc
7.1.11 CloudLogix Inc.
7.1.12 TECSYS, Inc.
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. MARKET OUTLOOK
Cloud Supply Chain Management Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Cloud Supply Chain Management Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Cloud Supply Chain Management Market?
The Cloud Supply Chain Management Market is growing at a CAGR of 11.09% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Cloud Supply Chain Management Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in Cloud Supply Chain Management Market?
North America holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Cloud Supply Chain Management Market?
SAP SE, Oracle Corporation, Infor Inc, Descartes Systems Group Inc, IBM Corporation are the major companies operating in Cloud Supply Chain Management Market.
Cloud Supply Chain Management Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Cloud Supply Chain Management market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Cloud Supply Chain Management analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.