The Asia-Pacific temperature sensors market is projected to reach USD 1.59 billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 6.28% over the period 2017-2022. Temperature sensing has been gaining importance in the R&D and industrial settings, giving rise to a high demand for temperature sensors. Huge investments from the companies operating in the market to develop enhanced temperature sensor functionalities and the increasing adoption of HVAC modules act as the key factors driving the market. Technological advancements and reduced prices have resulted in the introduction of new applications in the HVAC space.
Asia-Pacific Temperature Sensors Market-Market Dynamics
Temperature controls are essential for the manufacturing, handling, and storing of medical equipment and drugs. They are increasingly used in the communication industry as a result of the growth in handheld communication devices. The growing demand for consumer electronics such as smartphones, cameras, and media players that make use of microprocessors with temperature sensing ICs, will further boost the market. However, intense competition and significant price cuts may restrain the temperature sensors market over the forecast period.
The Asia-Pacific temperature sensors market is segmented on the basis of type and industry. Asia-Pacific accounts for a major market share in the global temperature sensor market and is projected to grow at the highest rate. Asia-Pacific, being one of the major hubs for refineries, chemical and petrochemical processing plants, and metals & mining and manufacturing, is experiencing an increase in demand for industrial temperature sensors.
This report gives a detailed study of Porter’s five forces analysis of the market. All the five major factors in these markets have been quantified using the internal key parameters governing each of them. It also covers the market landscape of these players which includes the key growth strategies and competition analysis.
The report also considers key trends that will impact the industry. Some of the key players mentioned in the report are
- Freescale Semiconductor Inc.
- Honeywell International
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Maxim Integrated Products Inc.
- Texas Instruments
What the Report Offers
- Market definition for Asia-Pacific temperature sensors market along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the Asia-Pacific temperature sensors market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies that can influence the market on a regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Asia-Pacific temperature sensors market on a regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Study Deliverables
1.3 Key Findings of the Study
1.4 Market Definition
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2.1 Growing Application of Temperature sensors in industries
4.2.2 Increasing focus on workplace safety
4.2.3 Increasing demand for consumer electronics
4.3.1 Availability of multiple technologies
4.3.2 High Price Sensitivity in the market
4.4.1 Increasing adoption in developing nations
4.4.2 Growing innovations in MEMS technology
4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's 5 Force Analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.5.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
4.6 Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. Technology Snapshot
6. Asia-Pacific Temperature Sensors Market Segmentation - Market Share, Trends, Forecast (2017-2022)
6.1 By Type
6.1.1 Resistive Temperature Detector (RTD)
6.1.2 Infrared Temperature Sensor
6.1.4 Fiber Optic
6.1.6 IC Temperature Sensor
6.1.8 MEMS bases
6.2 By Industry
6.2.1 Consumer Electronics
6.2.3 Aerospace and Defence
6.2.6 Oil & Gas
6.2.7 Energy and Power
6.2.8 Food & Beverage
6.2.9 Retail sector
6.3 By Region
6.3.4 South korea
7. Competitive Landscape - Company Profiles
7.1 Texas Instruments Incorporated
7.2 Panasonic Corporation
7.3 Siemens AG
7.4 Honeywell International Inc.
7.5 ABB Ltd.
7.6 Analog Devices, Inc.
7.7 General Electric
7.8 Kongsberg Gruppen
7.9 Emerson Electric Company
7.11 Microchip Technology Incorporated
7.12 NXP Semiconductors N.V.
7.13 Maxim Integrated Products
7.14 Mouser Electronics
8. Investment Analysis
8.1 Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
8.2 Investment Opportunities
9. Future of Asia-Pacific Temperature Sensors Market