The pet food sector is among the fastest growing sectors within the food industry. Factors such as urbanization and a growing pet population have only fueled the progress of this industry. The total number of pet dogs owned in the US is 83.3 million. Dog foods account for 71% of the pet food sales in the US.
In the UK, 38% of the households own dogs. As pet food becomes more specialized, based on life stage and breed, pet owners prefer prepared over homemade food, to maintain the well-being of their animals. Dogs worldwide are enjoying better food and longer lives today. If you own a dog, you are majorly driving this trend. By the end of 2017, demand for pet food is expected to boost sales to USD 95.7 billion across the globe. In dog treats, Argentina is the world’s fastest-growing market, with year-on-year gains of 21% expected in 2016.
Consumers are looking at organic and natural foods and this trend is reflected on pet food as well. There is more demand for complete pet food that provides an animal’s entire nutritional needs than for complementary foods that can only be used in combination with other nutrient sources. In spite of the waning dog population and greater maturity than cat food, dog food is likely to bring a few surprises and dynamic trends in the short term.
In this report we offer
- A key insight into the market size, share and forecast for dog foods.
- Analysis of the dominant regions in pet food including North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and the rest of the world.
- Analysis of the drivers/inhibitors/opportunity analysis for each of the micro markets.
- Segmentation of the dog food market by type of food- wet dog food, dry dog food, dog treats.
Why should you buy this report?
- To get a comprehensive overview of the worldwide dog food market.
- To gain wide ranging information about the major players in this industry and the strategies adopted by them.
- To understand which categories of dog foods are doing well in the market and which are not.
- To gain an insight into the major countries/regions where this industry is booming and also to identify the regions which are yet untapped.
1.2 Research Methodology
1.3 Report Outline
2. Executive Summary
2.1 Market Overview
2.2 Market Size and Share Estimation
3. Market Analysis
3.1 Factors Driving the Dog Food Market
3.2 Factors Decelerating the Dog Food Market
3.3 Opportunity Analysis for the Dog Food Market
4. Regional Market Analysis (By Sales in USD Million)
4.1 North America
4.1.1 United States
4.2.1 United Kingdom
4.2.5 Rest of Europe
4.3.2 New Zealand
4.4 Rest of the World
5. Competitor Analysis
5.1 Market Shares of Leading Global Players
5.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Global Players
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Major Players
6.1.2 Del Monte Foods
6.1.4 Nestle Purina PetCare Company
6.1.5 Procter & Gamble Co
7.1 Natural Dog food company
7.3 Blue Buffalo Company
7.4 Canidae Natural Pet Food Company
7.6 Royal Canin