APAC Robotic Process Automation Industry Overview
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
APAC Robotic Process Automation Market Analysis
The Asia-Pacific Robotic Process Automation Market will register a CAGR of 34.8% during the forecast period. Robotic process automation deals with implementing smart software to perform high-volume and repetitive tasks that usually take a lot of time to achieve for humans and are generally monotonous to execute on the market for robotic process automation.
- The robotic process automation (RPA) market is expected to grow in Asian countries owing to increasing focus on and adoption of a digital workforce and rising functional benefits of RPA solutions for business process automation across various end-user industries.
- RPA adoption in the region is fueled by the need to automate intricate business processes across various industries, the convenience of doing business, and the falling costs of automation software and services.
- Vendors in the market are improving their products by including new features in Citrix automation, automation lifecycle management, workload management, credential management, SLA-based automation, and new data APIs. These improvements are drawing in new sectors of industry that demand more operational and security capabilities.
- Moreover, the adoption rate of RPA in enterprises facing challenges and inefficiencies with legacy systems is rising. The benefits offered by the SPA not only increase the organization's productivity but also enable them to focus on its core business activities.
- There will be data security concerns such as data breaches; social engineering attacks are the primary medium used by attackers to gain access to sensitive data might hamper the market.
- With the outbreak of COVID-19, the robotic process automation market is had witnessed significant growth, owing to an increased usage of robotic process automation solutions by an increase in social distancing norms.
APAC Robotic Process Automation Industry Segments
Robotic process automation (RPA) is the technology that enables configuring computer software or a 'robot' to emulate and integrate the actions of a human interacting within digital systems for executing a business process. RPA bots utilize the user interface for capturing data and manipulating applications similar to humans; such bots can interpret, trigger responses, and communicate with other systems to perform a wide variety of repetitive tasks.
The Asia-Pacific Robotic Process Automation Market is Segmented by Solution (Software, Service), Size of Enterprise (Small and Medium Enterprises, Large Enterprises), End-user Industry (IT and Telecom, BFSI, Healthcare, Retail, Mining, Manufacturing), and Country.
The market sizes and forecasts are provided in terms of value (USD million) for all the above segments.
|Size of Enterprise|
|Small and Medium Enterprises|
|IT and Telecom|
|Other End-user Industries|
|Rest of Asia-Pacific|
APAC Robotic Process Automation Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the APAC Robotic Process Automation Market according to our research experts:
Mining Sector will Drive the Market Growth
- Robotic process automation reduces costs, saves time, and upskills workers in mining. It also fundamentally reshapes employees' work environment, especially for larger workforces.
- Some major mining companies in Asian countries are shifting their focus on transformation with a progressive stance and proving digitization. Also, with automation mining industry can achieve much better operational outcomes.
- For instance, ITOCHU Corporation has implemented RPA solutions to increase efficiency and automate routine manual tasks. It automates PC operations rather than using people to reduce working hours and improve accuracy. The company also revealed its plan to deploy RPA beyond the company and throughout the ITOCHU Group.
- Many vendors in the market are expanding their presence to seize the growing opportunity in the mining sector in Asian countries. For instance, UiPath has established a Japanese subsidiary, UiPath K.K., in Tokyo, Japan. UiPath is the first leading global RPA vendor to develop a legal entity in Japan.
- India is also experiencing automation and digitization in its mining sector aimed at enhancing productivity and addressing the challenges faced by the industry. This can fuel the growth of the studied market in the forecast period.
- Further, innovations in artificial intelligence, machine learning, and the industrial internet of things all have the potential to save the sector an estimated USD 373 billion and hundreds of lives by 2025 by automating machinery operation, planning and scheduling, facilitating predictive maintenance, improving man, material and asset traceability, harnessing the power of real-time data and analytics, and providing visibility across the mine-to-market value chain.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
China to Hold the Largest Market Share
- China is witnessing growth in adopting RPA, owing to the growing adoption of automation technologies in the Asia-Pacific region. Automation adoption has seen a steady increase in the country to offset an era of population decline across the region.
- Moreover, China has been the hub for the cheapest labor in the world. But in recent years, several companies and government agencies have started to enhance their efficiency with the help of technology.
- China is an important market for boosting RPA adoption and AI development. Many local Chinese businesses have started their RPA journey to manage costs and improve business value.
- Manufacturing is one of the prominent features of the Chinese economy, and it is undergoing a rapid transformation. This large-scale transformation has aided the country in becoming a leading nation in the manufacturing market globally.
- The Chinese manufacturing industry has seen industrial automation empowered by physical robots. It has also augmented a need for disruptive technology like Robotic Process Automation in manufacturing that helps businesses focus more on product innovation and core strengths instead of daily repetitive tasks that are critical but mundane.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
APAC Robotic Process Automation Market Competitor Analysis
The Asia-Pacific robotic process automation market is moderately competitive and consists of several players. These businesses use innovative joint ventures to boost their market share and profitability. Other significant participants are Automation Anywhere Inc., Blue Prism Group PLC, and AntWorks Pte Ltd.
In September 2022, IBM launched its new Software Lab, a state-of-the-art global innovation center at Fintech One, Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City), making it one of the first global operations within the mega-development in the City. At the same time, the center will focus on product engineering, design, and development of new products and solutions in the areas of Security, Sustainability Software, Data & AI, and Robotic Automation and collaborate with the technology ecosystem in the region to co-create solutions for the global industry.
APAC Robotic Process Automation Market Top Players
Automation Anywhere Inc.
Blue Prism Group PLC
AntWorks Pte Ltd.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
APAC Robotic Process Automation Market Recent Developments
- October 2022: Blue Prism Group PLC and SS&C combined robotic process automation (RPA), business process management (BPM), AI, and No-code offerings to deliver a comprehensive intelligent automation suite, whereas supported by technologies such as Process Intelligence, AI/ML, and Intelligent Document Processing, the portfolio enables businesses to unify the workforce, transform customer, employee and user journeys and scale enterprise-wide.
- May 2022: Pegasystems Inc announced the acquisition of Everflow, an innovative process mining company focusing on process mining for business use. In contrast, now that process mining capabilities are integrated into Pega process AI, Pega’s clients have a robust analytics layer that allows business users to segment the collected data in many different ways to understand their most significant issues.
APAC Robotic Process Automation Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter Five Forces
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.2.5 Threat of Substitutes
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Reforms by Government and Localization of Documents, Support Systems, and Interfaces of various RPA Vendors
5.1.2 Increasing Need to Streamline Business Processes and Technological Advancements
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Data Security Concerns
5.3 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Industry
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.2 Size of Enterprise
6.2.1 Small and Medium Enterprises
6.2.2 Large Enterprises
6.3 End-user Industry
6.3.1 IT and Telecom
6.3.7 Other End-user Industries
6.4.4 South Korea
6.4.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Automation Anywhere Inc.
7.1.2 Blue Prism Group PLC
7.1.3 AntWorks Pte Ltd
7.1.4 Pegasystems Inc.
7.1.5 UIPath Inc.
7.1.6 Datamatics Global Services Limited
7.1.7 AutomationEdge Technologies Inc.
7.1.8 Kofax Inc. (Thoma Bravo LLC)
7.1.9 WorFusion Inc.
7.1.10 Softomotive Ltd
7.1.11 HelpSystems LLC (HGGC)
7.1.12 Nice Ltd
7.1.13 Kryon System Ltd
7.1.14 NTT Data Inc.
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
APAC Robotic Process Automation Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Asia-Pacific Robotic Process Automation Market market is studied from 2017 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Asia-Pacific Robotic Process Automation Market?
The Asia-Pacific Robotic Process Automation Market is growing at a CAGR of 34.8% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Asia-Pacific Robotic Process Automation Market?
Automation Anywhere Inc., Blue Prism Group PLC, AntWorks Pte Ltd., Pegasystems Inc., UIPath Inc. are the major companies operating in Asia-Pacific Robotic Process Automation Market.
Asia-Pacific Robotic Process Automation Industry Report
In-depth industry statistics and market share insights of the Asia-Pacific Robotic Process Automation Market sector for 2020, 2021, and 2022. The Asia-Pacific Robotic Process Automation Market research report provides a comprehensive outlook of the market size and an industry growth forecast for 2023 to 2028. Available to download is a free sample file of the Asia-Pacific Robotic Process Automation Market report PDF.