|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||Asia Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The adhesives and sealants market is projected to register a CAGR of over 4.5% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
The Covid-19 pandemic had a negative impact on the market but is projected to grow steadily in the forecast period owing to growth in automotive and construction activities across the globe.
- Over the medium term, major factors driving the growth of the market studied are the shifting focus toward the usage of composites and the increasing demand from the packaging industry.
- The packaging segment dominated the market, and it is likely to grow during the forecast period, owing to the robust growth in demand for packaging materials from the food and beverage and e-retail companies.
- The rising demand for bio-based adhesives is likely to provide huge opportunities for the market studied over the forecast period.
- Asia-Pacific dominated the market across the world, with robust demand from the end-user industries, such as packaging, transportation, electronics, construction, and furniture.
Scope of the Report
Adhesives are made from a combination of resins, additives, and solvents. The composition of the resins and additives entirely depends on the end use to which they are put to. The adhesives and sealants market is segmented by adhesive technology, sealant product type, end-user industry, and geography. By adhesive technology, the market is segmented into water-borne, solvent-borne, reactive, hot melt, and other adhesive technologies. By sealant product type, the market is segmented into silicone, polyurethane, acrylic, polyvinyl acetate, and other sealant product types. By end-user industry, the market is segmented into building and construction, paper, board, and packaging, transportation, woodworking and joinery, footwear and leather, healthcare, electrical and electronics, and other end-user industries. The report also covers the market size and forecasts for the market in 16 countries across major regions. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done on the basis of volume (kiloton) and revenue (USD million).
|Other Adhesive Technologies|
|Sealant Product Type|
|Other Sealant Product Types|
|Building and Construction|
|Paper, Board, and Packaging|
|Woodworking and Joinery|
|Footwear and Leather|
|Electrical and Electronics|
|Other End-user Industries|
Key Market Trends
Paper, Board, and Packaging Segment to Dominate the Market Demand
- The paper, board, and packaging segment is the largest consumer of the adhesives and sealants market. The packaging industry has been witnessing strong demand from end-user industries, such as food and beverages, cosmetics, consumer goods, stationery, and other end-user industries.
- Online retail shopping is increasing at a higher rate with the rising internet technologies and web applications, which has largely supported the growth of the packaging industry.
- Moreover, the demand for cosmetics and food and beverage products is expected to grow due to the growing population and demand for quality products, urbanization, and consumers inclining toward technology, hence, fueling the demand for the packaging industry.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to witness the strongest growth in the demand for packaging materials due to the robust economic performance of the developing countries, promising robust market demand, and the growing population, which is adding new demand to the market.
- Matured markets such as Europe and North America are also expected to witness noticeable growth in their packaging industry due to the influence of online retail business trends.
- Hence, with such robust growth of the packaging industry across the world, the demand in the adhesives and sealants market is also expected to increase during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- The Asia-Pacific region dominated the global market share of more than 40%. The increasing demand from industries, such as packaging, construction, and electronics in the countries such as China, India, and Japan.
- Industries such as food and beverage, cosmetics, and consumer goods are continuously seen innovating new products, increasing production, and resorting to attractive packaging materials in order to attract customers.
- Manufacturing companies have been shifting to flexible packaging, as it is lightweight and helps to facilitate selling products in different quantities without making much difference in packaging cost, as in the case of metal or glass packaging.
- This has been leading to robust growth in the demand for flexible packaging, which is further creating a noticeable demand for adhesives in packaging applications.
- Automotive and Construction activities are growing in the region with the lockdown measure being eased up, the region has always been at the forefront of infrastructure development and is expected to witness growth in funding for contruction activities in the forecast period hence driving themarket.
- Hence, such market trends are expected to have a significant impact on the growth of the adhesives and sealants market in the region during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The adhesives and sealants market is fragmented with the top five players accounting for almost 36% of the market. Some of the major players in the market (in no particular order) include Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, 3M, H.B. Fuller Company, Arkema Group (Bostik SA), and Sika AG, among others.
Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
H.B. Fuller Company
Arkema Group (Bostik SA)
- In Jan 2021, Huntsman Corporation completed the acquisition of Gabriel Performance Products (Gabriel), a North American specialty chemical manufacturer of specialty additives and epoxy curing agents for the coatings, adhesives, sealants and composite end-markets, from Audax Private Equity.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Report
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Shifting Focus Toward Adhesive Bonding for Composite Materials
4.1.2 Increasing Demand from the Packaging Industry
4.2.1 Stringent Environmental Regulations Regarding VOC Emissions
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Adhesives Technology
18.104.22.168 Polyvinyl Acetate (PVA) Emulsion
22.214.171.124 Ethylene Vinyl Acetate (EVA) Emulsion
126.96.36.199 Polyurethane Dispersion and CR (Chloroprene Rubber) Latex
188.8.131.52 Other Water-borne Adhesives
184.108.40.206 Chloroprene Rubber
220.127.116.11 Poly Acrylate (PA)
18.104.22.168 Styrenic Block Copolymers
22.214.171.124 Other Solvent-borne Adhesives
126.96.36.199 Modified Acrylic
188.8.131.52 Other Reactive Adhesives
5.1.4 Hot Melt
184.108.40.206 Ethylene Vinyl Acetate
220.127.116.11 Styrenic Block Copolymers
18.104.22.168 Thermoplastic Polyurethane
22.214.171.124 Other Hot Melt Adhesives
5.1.5 Other Adhesive Technologies
5.2 Sealant Product Type
5.2.4 Polyvinyl Acetate
5.2.5 Other Sealant Product Types
5.3 End-user Industry
5.3.1 Building and Construction
5.3.2 Paper, Board, and Packaging
5.3.4 Woodworking and Joinery
5.3.5 Footwear and Leather
5.3.7 Electrical and Electronics
5.3.8 Other End-user Industries
126.96.36.199 South Korea
188.8.131.52 ASEAN Countries
184.108.40.206 Australia & New Zealand
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.2 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 Rest of North America
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
5.4.4 South America
184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
18.104.22.168 South Africa
22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share(%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 AdCo (UK) Ltd
6.4.3 Arkema Group (Bostik SA)
6.4.4 artimelt AG
6.4.6 Avery Dennison Corporation
6.4.7 Beardow Adams
6.4.8 Buhnen GmbH & Co. KG
6.4.10 DELO Industrial Adhesives
6.4.13 H.B. Fuller Company
6.4.14 Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
6.4.15 Huntsman International LLC
6.4.16 Jowat SE
6.4.17 Mapei SpA
6.4.18 Master Bond
6.4.19 Paramelt BV
6.4.20 Permabond LLC
6.4.21 Pidilite Industries Ltd
6.4.22 RPM International Inc.
6.4.23 Sika AG
6.4.24 THE YOKOHAMA RUBBER CO. LTD
6.4.25 UniSeal Inc.
6.4.26 Wacker Chemie AG
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Rising Demand for Bio-based and Hybrid Adhesives
7.2 Other Opportunities
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Adhesives and Sealants Market market is studied from 2017 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Adhesives and Sealants Market?
The Adhesives and Sealants Market is growing at a CAGR of >4.5% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Adhesives and Sealants Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Adhesives and Sealants Market?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Adhesives and Sealants Market?
3M, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, H.B. Fuller Company, Sika AG, Arkema Group (Bostik SA) are the major companies operating in Adhesives and Sealants Market.