|Study Period:||2016 - 2026|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||Asia Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The adhesives and sealants market was valued at over USD 59 billion in 2020, and the market is projected to register a CAGR of over 4.5% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
Owing to the COVID-19 impact across the world, various construction activities have been halted, and industrial activities have been put on hold for quite a long period. For instance, according to OICA, automobile production declined by around 23% in the first nine months of 2020 compared to the same period in 2019. This has negatively affected the demand for adhesives and sealants in 2020.
- Over the medium term, major factors driving the growth of the market studied are the shifting focus toward the usage of composites and the increasing demand from the packaging industry.
- The packaging segment dominated the market, and it is likely to grow during the forecast period, owing to the robust growth in demand for packaging materials from the food and beverage and e-retail companies.
- The rising demand for bio-based adhesives is likely to provide huge opportunities for the market studied over the forecast period.
- Asia-Pacific dominated the market across the world, with robust demand from the end-user industries, such as packaging, transportation, electronics, construction, and furniture.
Scope of the Report
Adhesives are made from a combination of resins, additives, and solvents. The composition of the resins and additives entirely depends on the end use to which they are put to. The adhesives and sealants market is segmented by adhesive technology, sealant product type, end-user industry, and geography. By adhesive technology, the market is segmented into water-borne, solvent-borne, reactive, hot melt, and other adhesive technologies. By sealant product type, the market is segmented into silicone, polyurethane, acrylic, polyvinyl acetate, and other sealant product types. By end-user industry, the market is segmented into building and construction, paper, board, and packaging, transportation, woodworking and joinery, footwear and leather, healthcare, electrical and electronics, and other end-user industries. The report also covers the market size and forecasts for the adhesives and sealants market in 17 countries across major regions. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done on the basis of volume (kiloton) and revenue (USD million).
|Other Adhesive Technologies|
|Sealant Product Type|
|Other Sealant Product Types|
|Building and Construction|
|Paper, Board, and Packaging|
|Woodworking and Joinery|
|Footwear and Leather|
|Electrical and Electronics|
|Other End-user Industries|
Key Market Trends
Paper, Board, and Packaging Segment to Dominate the Market Demand
- The paper, board, and packaging segment is the largest consumer of the adhesives and sealants market. The packaging industry has been witnessing strong demand from end-user industries, such as food and beverages, cosmetics, consumer goods, stationery, and other end-user industries.
- Online retail shopping is increasing at a higher rate with the rising internet technologies and web applications, which has largely supported the growth of the packaging industry.
- Moreover, the demand for cosmetics and food and beverage products is expected to grow due to the growing population and demand for quality products, urbanization, and consumers inclining toward technology, hence, fueling the demand for the packaging industry.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to witness the strongest growth in the demand for packaging materials due to the robust economic performance of the developing countries, promising robust market demand, and the growing population, which is adding new demand to the market.
- The flexible packaging market in the Asia-Pacific region is expected to reach USD 131 billion by 2023 at an estimated CAGR of over 4.5% during the period 2018-2023.
- Matured markets like Europe and North America are also expected to witness noticeable growth in their packaging industry due to the influence of online retail business trends.
- Hence, with such robust growth of the packaging industry across the world, the demand in the adhesives and sealants market is also expected to increase during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- The Asia-Pacific region dominated the global market share of more than 40%. The increasing demand from industries, such as packaging, construction, and electronics in the countries such as China, India, and Japan.
- Industries such as food and beverage, cosmetics, and consumer goods are continuously seen innovating new products, increasing production, and resorting to attractive packaging materials in order to attract customers.
- Manufacturing companies have been shifting to flexible packaging, as it is lightweight and helps to facilitate selling products in different quantities without making much difference in packaging cost, as in the case of metal or glass packaging.
- This has been leading to robust growth in the demand for flexible packaging, which is further creating a noticeable demand for adhesives in packaging applications.
- The Chinese automotive manufacturing industry is the largest in the world. The industry witnessed a huge slowdown in 2018, wherein the production and sales declined. A similar trend continued in 2019, with the production witnessing a 7.5% decline in 2019. According to the China Association of Automobile Manufacturers (CAAM), automotive production has witnessed a decline of around 6.7% in the first nine months of 2020.
- Hence, such market trends are expected to have a significant impact on the growth of the adhesives and sealants market in the region during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The adhesives and sealants market is fragmented with the top five players accounting for almost 36% of the market. Some of the major players in the market include Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, 3M, H.B. Fuller Company, Arkema Group (Bostik SA), and Sika AG, among others.
- In September 2019, Henkel invested INR 400 crore in its new production facility near Pune, which caters to the growing demand for a high-performance solution in adhesives and sealants from Indian industries.
- In November 2018, Arkema Group (Bostik) announced the acquisition of Afinitica, a Spanish company specializing in instant adhesives.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Report
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Shifting Focus Toward Adhesive Bonding for Composite Materials
4.1.2 Increasing Demand from the Packaging Industry
4.2.1 Stringent Environmental Regulations Regarding VOC Emissions
4.2.2 Impact of COVID-19
4.2.3 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Adhesives Technology
22.214.171.124 Polyvinyl Acetate (PVA) Emulsion
126.96.36.199 Ethylene Vinyl Acetate (EVA) Emulsion
188.8.131.52 Polyurethane Dispersion and CR (Chloroprene Rubber) Latex
184.108.40.206 Other Water-borne Adhesives
220.127.116.11 Chloroprene Rubber
18.104.22.168 Poly Acrylate (PA)
22.214.171.124 Styrenic Block Copolymers
126.96.36.199 Other Solvent-borne Adhesives
188.8.131.52 Modified Acrylic
184.108.40.206 Other Reactive Adhesives
5.1.4 Hot Melt
220.127.116.11 Ethylene Vinyl Acetate
18.104.22.168 Styrenic Block Copolymers
22.214.171.124 Thermoplastic Polyurethane
126.96.36.199 Other Hot Melt Adhesives
5.1.5 Other Adhesive Technologies
5.2 Sealant Product Type
5.2.4 Polyvinyl Acetate
5.2.5 Other Sealant Product Types
5.3 End-user Industry
5.3.1 Building and Construction
5.3.2 Paper, Board, and Packaging
5.3.4 Woodworking and Joinery
5.3.5 Footwear and Leather
5.3.7 Electrical and Electronics
5.3.8 Other End-user Industries
188.8.131.52 South Korea
184.108.40.206 ASEAN Countries
220.127.116.11 Australia & New Zealand
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.2 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 Rest of North America
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
5.4.4 South America
220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
22.214.171.124 South Africa
126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 AdCo (UK) Ltd
6.4.3 Arkema Group (Bostik SA)
6.4.4 artimelt AG
6.4.6 Avery Dennison Corporation
6.4.7 Beardow Adams
6.4.8 Buhnen GmbH & Co. KG
6.4.10 DELO Industrial Adhesives
6.4.13 Franklin International
6.4.14 H.B. Fuller Company
6.4.15 Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
6.4.16 Hexcel Corporation
6.4.17 Huntsman International LLC
6.4.18 ITW Performance Polymers
6.4.19 Jowat SE
6.4.20 LINTEC Corporation (Mactac)
6.4.21 Parker Hannifin Corp
6.4.22 Mapei SpA
6.4.23 Master Bond
6.4.24 merz+bentel ag
6.4.25 Paramelt BV
6.4.26 Permabond LLC
6.4.27 Pidilite Industries Ltd
6.4.28 RPM International Inc.
6.4.30 Sika AG
6.4.31 The Soudal Group
6.4.32 TESA SE - A Beiersdorf Company
6.4.33 Reynolds Co.
6.4.34 THE YOKOHAMA RUBBER CO. LTD
6.4.35 UniSeal Inc.
6.4.36 Wacker Chemie AG
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Rising Demand for Bio-based and Hybrid Adhesives
7.2 Other Opportunities
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Adhesives and Sealants Market market is studied from 2016 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Adhesives and Sealants Market?
The Adhesives and Sealants Market is growing at a CAGR of >4.5% over the next 5 years.
What is Adhesives and Sealants Market size in 2016?
The Adhesives and Sealants Market is valued at 59 Billion USD in 2016.
Which region has highest growth rate in Adhesives and Sealants Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Adhesives and Sealants Market?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Adhesives and Sealants Market?
3M, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, H.B. Fuller Company, Sika AG, Arkema Group (Bostik SA) are the major companies operating in Adhesives and Sealants Market.